Exofficio undies??

missyal

Has anyone tried/liked/hated the Exofficio underwear? Are they worth the $$? Do they really save that much space? Is it worth the trouble of washing/drying them? Comfort? How many pairs would you suggest for a 2 week trip? Magellan's has them on sale for 33% off.

Many thanks.

Missyal

DH has several of the t-shirts which he always wears under a tuxedo shirt even when we are not traveling. Whenever he wears a tux, it means we are somewhere where we will be dancing. We do all of the Latin, swing, hustles,etc. dances, so he really works up a sweat. This underwear has a wicking property which makes it very cool and comfortable. He is thinking of purchasing several pairs of the briefs. For traveling, they take up little space and when you wash them they usually dry in a few hours. However, on so of our Caribbean cruises, the cabin was so humid that they took longer to dry. Definitely worth the price.

In my experience, they don't dry any more quickly, particularly in humid climates, than cheapy Wal-Mart/Target undies that are about 1/10 the price of ExOffico.

I've traveled the world with cheapo all-cotton underpants (I avoid manmade fibers which I find uncomfortable) that I pay a buck or two for and don't care if I forget a pair (or two) somewhere. I took about 7 pair on my last month-long trip, and stacked together, all 7 pair folded into one of my running shoes for packing. Wash them in the sink with liquid or gel detergent (the gel is found in a tube at camping stores) roll and blot them in a bath towel, then hang them on a hanger to allow greater air circulation and they'll be ready to wear in just a few hours.

I've traveled the world with cheapo all-cotton underpants (I avoid manmade fibers which I find uncomfortable) that I pay a buck or two for and don't care if I forget a pair (or two) somewhere. I took about 7 pair on my last month-long trip, and stacked together, all 7 pair folded into one of my running shoes for packing. Wash them in the sink with liquid or gel detergent (the gel is found in a tube at camping stores) roll and blot them in a bath towel, then hang them on a hanger to allow greater air circulation and they'll be ready to wear in just a few hours.

I do the same, but use the supplied shampoo in the cabin or hotel room to wash them!

I prefer the true wicking fabrics to cotton - so great for exercise and travel. So yes, the ex officio are worth the price to me because it's more than the drying speed - they're more comfortable to wear AND they wash/dry quickly. I especially enjoy them for hiking. (which we often do on vacation)

I've got a few pairs of these panties. They are very comfortable to wear. They don't seem to be any less bulky to pack than my usual Jockey bikinis. But, they sure don't get the clammy feel when I get sweaty in humid conditions or after exercising. I'll take 3 pair on a trip - one to wear, one that is washed/drying, and one in case it's really damp and the panties don't dry fast enough. I also have a pair of the capris that they offer - great for wearing around the hotel room. Definitely lighter weight/less bulky than any sweats I'd take.

Archived