Copenhagen flight connection feasability

basedow

I have a question regarding connection times. The ship arrives in Copenhagen Sunday at 8:00am. If the international flight leaves for London at 10:55 am is there enough time to make that flight?

I appreciate hearing of your experiences with this issue.

Basedow

I have a question regarding connection times. The ship arrives in Copenhagen Sunday at 8:00am. If the international flight leaves for London at 10:55 am is there enough time to make that flight?

I appreciate hearing of your experiences with this issue.

Basedow

Having no knowledge of Copenhagen and the proximity of the airport, I would say absolutely not. If the ship *arrives* at 8 a.m. If it actually arrives early and expects to start disembarkation at 8 a.m., maybe. But others who know the city will comment for sure.

On our recent cruise, you would definitely have been able to make a 10:55 flight out. The ship arrived much earlier than 8--disembarkation started at 8. There were taxis right there, and we were at the airport in about 25 minutes.

Thanks Wendy and Rachel.

This could work but it's a bit iffy if the ship is late. Tombo's tip in another thread (and my TA's) is to keep all our bags with us, inform the desk, and get the heck off the ship fast.

Thanks again,

Basedow

Definitely agree on keeping your bags with you. We do this anyway as it is much easier for us able-bodied folk to carry them off and disembark when we prefer rather than have to disembark at a set time and search for them.

Depends on which day of the week. Weekdays the morning traffic is heavy (you have to go from one end of the city to the other and the road you eventually will be on is the main road to the bridge to Sweden!) and you don't pick up the highway until you are almost at the airport. I would say that if your flight is Mon-Fri, 3 hours will be tight also given the fact that the lines for security and check in with luggage (after you print your own boarding pass) can be very long at Kastrup airport. When we flew out of Kastrup after our cruise our Danish (Copenhagen based) friends warned us to get to the airport very early. We did and it still took us more than an hour before we were in the Transit lounge.

Hambagahle, thanks for your help.

Considering everyone's comments on this we believe we will take Regent Air back

and forget AA. I'm sure there will be better connections (and fewer) planes to San Diego.

Basedodw

Hambagahle, thanks for your help.

Considering everyone's comments on this we believe we will take Regent Air back

and forget AA. I'm sure there will be better connections (and fewer) planes to San Diego.

Basedodw

We did AA TUL-ORD-LHR then BA LHR-CPH and the reverse coming home. It worked out fine. Only way to have less connections would have been to take SAS, but that would have been in coach as we have no miles with them or any of their partners. And coach for that long of a trip is a no go--my husband would rather just stay home.

Also, our trip from the pier to the airport was on a weekday. Traffic was not bad by any stretch of my imagination. Certainly flowed better than Tulsa on a weekday. It took 25 minutes to get to the airport.

Rachel, am I right that you stayed an extra day in Copenhagen though? If so, which flight did you catch to LHR?

We have not been able to snag a AA ff Business class flight home at all, either the day of arrival or the day after. If you take Regent Air, SAS,it would cost an extra $1000 to fly over the Atlantic and make only one connection in the States. This is a little more palatable I guess.

This flight stuff adds a whole lot of mishagass to the process. AA seems not to have good European connections I think.

Thanks for your input,

Basedow

We stayed at the CPH Hilton an extra day because we were not able to get our upgrades the day we arrived in CPH. The next am, we took the 7:55 BA flight out. Good connections from LHR to ORD then TUL on AA afterward.

We had PERFECT weather. Probably the best of any recent Regent cruise to Norway. Most days it was warm and sunny. The fjords were perfect.

It did rain at Gravdal all day. And Honningsvag was drizzly and COLD. Oslo was cool and dampish also, but not raining.

Other than those few days, it was picture perfect.

We were on the cruise that arrived on 7/10/09 and had a reservation on the BA 813 at 10:55am. As a precaution we were up early and had our bags with us to the gangway. We were off in the first group of 10. There were stewards that helped with the luggage down the gangway. Customs and immigation were not an issue as were only went to Norway.

Taxis were available. We had to wait about 5 minutes for another taxi to arrive. It was about 30 minutes to the airport. Made the plane with pleanty of time to spare. Be aware the terminal is a bit confusing and the gate was a long walk. I would do it again. But only if I took my own bags off.

Thank you Bennett and Rachel!

This may be a moot point about making the connection if we are still unable to use our ff miles. If one uses Regent, can one specify the airline and flights?

If you go via Heathrow your carry on bags are limited. Continental flew last year from Newark to Stockholm. We booked our own air for a Baltic Cruise on Oceania. And we flew home (to LAX) non stop from Heathrow via Virgin Atlantic which if you can connect is the best flight I have ever been on (in First - with Amex Miles). If you devitate using Regent Air you can have your TA pick your flights.

Archived