Bring a fan on the ship

OK, I will admit it, we have a small travel fan that we sometimes take to very hot climates. :o I pack it right next to my coffee maker (not joking). ;) We both are used to sleeping with a ceiling fan, and even with the stateroom AC, it does help to circulate the air faster.

I bring a small fan everywhere I go because it helps me sleep. Last year I had a problem sleeping and my son in law suggested sleep with an oscillating fan on medium and it drowns out snoring, traffic and probably cabin noises from the other people on the ship. I took it on our 14 day cruise to South America and in May took it to the Panama Canal and it worked great. I don't even need sleeping pills anymore. The fan is sort of my sleeping pills. I make room for it in my carry on luggage, its that important to me.

I also use it for hot flashes. I am sure someone out there can associate with that. Fans are great.:p

I WILL NOT travel without my fan. It goes into my suitcase [very light] and helps in not only circulating the air in the room but it also provides "white noise" which will assist in abating any unwanted sounds from outside your cabin. It works in tandem with the motion of the ship in lulling me to sleep! :)

I bring a small fan everywhere I go because it helps me sleep. Last year I had a problem sleeping and my son in law suggested sleep with an oscillating fan on medium and it drowns out snoring, traffic and probably cabin noises from the other people on the ship. I took it on our 14 day cruise to South America and in May took it to the Panama Canal and it worked great. I don't even need sleeping pills anymore. The fan is sort of my sleeping pills. I make room for it in my carry on luggage, its that important to me.

I also use it for hot flashes. I am sure someone out there can associate with that. Fans are great.:p

I have a sound machine that has several sounds. I like the rain sound.

Jan

I bring a fan and coffeemaker and my favorite pillow !!

On the Amazon cruise, I gave the fan to the woman who brought me roomservice, when I left. She actually cried because her cabin was so hot.

I'm doing the same on the world cruise next year.

MaryAnn

I bring a fan and coffeemaker and my favorite pillow !!

On the Amazon cruise, I gave the fan to the woman who brought me roomservice, when I left. She actually cried because her cabin was so hot.

I'm doing the same on the world cruise next year.

MaryAnn

Great idea. We don't use ours very often anymore, and it is just collecting dust. Next cruise is to Tahiti and might just take it along and give it to one of the staff that needs a bit of air circulation in their quarters. It was very inexpensive, but works great, but I just didn't want to have to lug it both ways. Thanks for the idea! ;)

I WILL NOT travel without my fan. It goes into my suitcase [very light] and helps in not only circulating the air in the room but it also provides "white noise" which will assist in abating any unwanted sounds from outside your cabin. It works in tandem with the motion of the ship in lulling me to sleep! :)

Have not slept without a fan for years! I have several travel-size fans. Those who are "hooked" on the noise of a fan will understand. On my first Princess cruise, my fan "died" on the first night:eek:. In a panic, I went to the purser's desk to ask where I might purchase one in port. (St Thomas). They checked and said, "we'll bring one to your room!" By the time I returned to the cabin (10 mins?), there was a fan in our cabin:D!!! I was hooked on Princess from that day forward.

Janet

Before our last cruise on Star we found a small table fan and we took them not knowing if we would use them. Our minisuite's air did not work most of the time we were on that cruise and that fan helped me sleep. Would have been miserable without it so will take them from now on.

Have not slept without a fan for years! I have several travel-size fans. Those who are "hooked" on the noise of a fan will understand. On my first Princess cruise, my fan "died" on the first night:eek:. In a panic, I went to the purser's desk to ask where I might purchase one in port. (St Thomas). They checked and said, "we'll bring one to your room!" By the time I returned to the cabin (10 mins?), there was a fan in our cabin:D!!! I was hooked on Princess from that day forward.

Janet

So nice. The same thing happend to me onboard the Celebrity Summit. My fan died. Our cabin Steward brought me a fan for the rest of our cruise......it made all the difference in how I slept! I have no idea where he got it, we were in the middle of the ocean. :rolleyes:

I CAN'T sleep without the sound or feeling of a fan! ;)

Does any one bring a fan with them? is it needed?

ABSOLUTELY. I have a small Vornado "Zippi" with three soft' date=' nylon fabric blades so it folds up nicely and doesn't take up much space. It is quite powerful. Cost $25 at Fry's. I haven't always used it, but I'm [b']never [/b]without it. A lot of humidity gets into the ship on port days in the Caribbean and hotter places.

We usually bring abosrd:

Coffee maker

Window air conditioner

Gas Grill

Blender

Several cases of water

icon7.gif

You never know when you will need this stuff!!icon12.gif

Now you will get a huge laugh. I also take along a doiley for the table and two battery operated candles. I like my suite or mini suite to feel like home. :D

Exactly. The humming noise put me to sleep wherever I am and then the motion of the ship also helps. Drowns out my husband's snoring also.

Works great. Very inexpensive.:rolleyes:

I use a fan at home and sleep so much better having a fan on in my cabin. I have brought a fan on my last 3 cruises. I generally go to a local CVS type store in the embarkation port and pick one up for around $15. At the end of the cruise I leave it with my room steward.

I wasn't sure if the ships would have any available;maybe on my next cruise I'll just request one.

Paula

OK, I will admit it, we have a small travel fan that we sometimes take to very hot climates. :o We both are used to sleeping with a ceiling fan, and even with the stateroom AC, it does help to circulate the air faster.

I never leave home without my small fan. I'm with you. Have to have air blowing on me. Especially when a hot flash hits.:eek:

I even take it with me on Alaska cruises.

I never leave home without my small fan. I'm with you. Have to have air blowing on me. Especially when a hot flash hits.:eek:

I even take it with me on Alaska cruises.

Ditto! Mine's packed for my upcoming Alaska cruise.

Archived