Anyone ever put 3 kids in same cabin with you?

amio111

Just wondering if we have to get 2 cabins. I know how small the cabins are. We have a 15,12 and 2 yr old.

Never done it and wouldn't look forward to the prospect either..........that would be 2 adults and 3 additional people (even if they are your children) with ONLY ONE BATHROOM :eek:......are you guys kiddin or what :rolleyes:

You folks must be one tight knit family that's all I can say. ;)

Just wondering if we have to get 2 cabins. I know how small the cabins are. We have a 15,12 and 2 yr old.

You may want to ask this question on the "Family Cruises" thread listed under Special Interest Cruises. They can be very helpful especially if you can be specific about what ship/itinerary you are interested in. Good luck & have fun planning!

Most of the time on RC it is cheaper or almost the same price to get two rooms. There is not a child discount. Try pricing two rooms and compare the price. Even if you have to get two insides it will be much better than one room. They are small and two of your kiddos are not little. They will let you pick two different catagories as long as they are across the hall. Like one balcony across from an inside. I would choose this and let the 12 and 15 year old sleep across the hall provided they are responsible enough to stay put and lock the door and of course have the 2yo bunk with you.

Have a great trip!

Monica

The great thing about these rooms is that the 3/4/5 & 6 passenger get the reduced rate. Which is significant depending on when you are traveling. There are also Family Insides that face the promenade, you can research those also, somewhere I think I heard they have a bathtub which would be good for the 2 year old. We have done both the FO and 2 connecting rooms on FOS. Would be the same on LOS & IOS. You'd need to look at the rest of the Voyager class deck plans. We last had the the last balcony connected to an inside on deck 9.There are also a set at the front of the ship on deck 9. Problem for you would be the 2 we had held 2 people each. We put 2 kids with Grandma on paper only but all 6 of us stayed in the 2 rooms. I slightly prefer the 2 rooms because of the 2nd bathroom and you can shut the door and not see their mess. The FO is really large but the mess is right there in front of you. IMO the older kids across the hall would be fine but with the 2 year old, I would look for connecting and then the toodler can go over to the kids room but still be within ear shot.

In 1998 when the Grandeur was new and our 3 children were 10, 12 , and 14 we shared a cabin. We had to book one child in another cabin with a couple we were traveling with that were getting married on the ship. Of course they did not want our son sharing their cabin.

We had the steward bring in a roll-away. All I remember is wall to wall beds.

Bathroom time was not a problem. The kids got ready while we were at the pool, then they left while my husband and I showered and dressed.

It was doable but ever since they have had their own cabin.

On newer ships you now have the option of the family cabins, that would have been great back then.

"Anyone ever put 3 kids in same cabin with you?"

Why would some total stranger want to put 3 kids in my cabin? ;) :D Now I will always be nervous before entering my cabins in the future!

Now that's funny!!:D:D

Sorry, no, not in a regular stateroom. We are a family of 5 too. I get 2 rooms. Honestly, I think it is crowded with 4 in a regular stateroom. Once, we booked a kid in the same room with grandparents and 4 of us were in an inside room. I swore I would never do that again!

Food for thought - we had 6 people in our family, including 3 girls that were all teenagers at the same time in a small house with only *gasp* one bathroom!!!:eek: My poor Dad and brother got to use it for about 10 minutes once a day, lol!:p

A small house is still bigger then a state room of about 154 sq. ft.

Our first cruise we went on Carnival and our kids were 4, 11, and 14. We put the boys in the pulmans and our 4 yr old daughter in a bed they put on the floor at the end of thour bed (interior room) It worked for several reasons.

First - it was our first cruise and we were just excited to be there. The two older were boys who showered and walked out the door. I prepacked daughters clothes in ziplock bags marked by the day, and it was only a 3 day cruise. We were hardly ever in there.

I've never done it again. And I've never seen the possibility on RCCL.We have done family suites , 2 interiors, balcony and promenade, and suite with an interior. The 15 and 12 year old can have a room to themselves. See if you can get adjoining if its their first time. Or the family rooms are good too.

Since you hae a 2 y.o., I would book 2 connectin cabins and put all 3 children in one cabin. You have a door that you can either close for "alone" time or keep open at other times. That way you're close enough, but still have the privacy you deserve on vacation. If needed, bring a baby monitor to be able to listen to the other cabin. Besides, you'll have 2 bathrooms for getting ready in the morning and for dinner.

Mary Anne

Never done it and wouldn't look forward to the prospect either..........that would be 2 adults and 3 additional people (even if they are your children) with ONLY ONE BATHROOM :eek:......are you guys kiddin or what :rolleyes:

You folks must be one tight knit family that's all I can say. ;)

My wife grew up with 6 sisters and their parents in a pretty small farmhouse with only one bathroom and 3 bedrooms. How do you think that poor man made it? No wonder he was out in the fields all day.

Archived