Mexican Safety

tazdeb

Last time we were there we saw lots of guys with M-16's and they seemed to be nice enough, so I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure they had the safety on. :) Last I heard they haven't had any problems in Mexico...but you could check the State Department web site, I hear Hillary is standing by. ;)

• 1 month later...

Why would you ask about "Mexican Safety?" :confused:

Don't you realize that NO tourists have been involved in the drug cartel vs. drug cartel incidents? They are fighting against themselves for control of their dwindling drug business since the government is stepping up their efforts.

Common crime may never be eliminated anywhere in the world. But all of this hyper-ventilating in the press is about criminals vs. criminals... not vs. tourists or foreign residents.

The State Department says to use common sense; stay in tourist or known business areas; avoid criminal activity or contact with criminals. Sounds like good advice just about anyplace.

I am a North American living in Mexico. I have seen a lot of this in month's past, but am a little surprised to see it linger still.

:)

We just returned, Had no issue or thoughts of being unsafe. I would not have a problem recommending this cruise at all.

Same here, I noticed nothing out of the ordinary and nobody returned to the ship with any negative stories or comments. Have a great trip !! :)

Last time we were there we saw lots of guys with M-16's and they seemed to be nice enough, so I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure they had the safety on. :) Last I heard they haven't had any problems in Mexico...but you could check the State Department web site, I hear Hillary is standing by. ;)

a couple of Mexico s finest at port security..

NorwegianStarMexico-031.jpg

NorwegianStarMexico-081.jpg

You are safer in cities of Mexico than you would be in LA, Most of california, Detroit, Michigan, Chicago, Ill, and most major US Cities.

People of Mexico in general do not carry guns. In the US you can get shot just driving down the freeway. Drive into a bad neighborhood in US and you could face any number of gang violence problems..

In Mexcio drive by shootings just don't happen. gang violence? Mmm.. Nope.

No gangs in Acapulco.

Dwindling Drugs - haha - Lot's of drugs available in Mexcio.. Mexico gets the blame because COLUMBIA uses Mexico as a drug route.

Note: small amounts of most street drugs are now legal in Mexico.

I honestly feel safer in Mexico.

"dwindling drugs" well, I had to laugh at myself over that!

I just meant that the government is finally taking action against the drug cartels, and their influence is dwindling. It will never succeed completely, but the government's efforts are bearing fruit.

Or something like that... ;)

Pleased to see the positive and realistic comments about my adopted homeland.

When I go on a Mexican cruise, I have to travel north before I can go south! I go to the US so I can come back to Mexico. The next one is getting closer... can't wait!

:D

Archived