Would anyone else like a coffee in the afternoon in the Elite Michael's Club ?

WELSH WIZARDS

As a decaf coffee addict, I love the concierge lounge on RCCL. I don't drink alcoholic drinks, but when we go into Michael's Club in the afternoon so my husband can have a drink (if he wants), I will take coffee from the buffet in a take-out cup. It would be nice if I were allowed to get a free brewed coffee (non frou-frou type) at the Cova Cafe during the 4-6 p.m. "cocktail hour".

In the absence of coffee, I would be very happy with caffeine free diet coke.

When we were on the Millenium there was no problem getting a non-alcoholic beverage ie. sodas and virgin cocktails in the afternoon!

They were available on Equinox also.

They were available on Equinox also.

Hi Texed.....was this in Michael's Club during the Elite hours of 4 pm to 6 pm.? and were they free.?

Northerncruszr....pardon my ignorance...but what is a virgin cocktail, my guess....is it non alcoholic?

Hi Texed.....was this in Michael's Club during the Elite hours of 4 pm to 6 pm.? and were they free.?

Yes, I had a coke one day, and two ladies had virgin cocktails (no alcohol). :)

Yes, we agree it would be really nice to have coffee in the afternoon, especially cappucino or decaf. I would like to add tea to the wish list too. When my dh is having a coffee, I would like to have a cup of tea. He likes tea too, so it could be two for tea.

You can get sodas in the afternoon. My husband had a coke almost every day.

Hi Sheila. We meet on a thread again. We are doing a Panama Canal cruise in October on the Mercury where we can experience the new Elite benefits for the first time.

Kathy

Breakfast - well they had a three-day 'menu' rotating. Mostly pastries etc.

We don't eat breakfast there, but I was asked to go and give my opinion -which I did. However, I did notice that bagels and lox were not on every day and this was immediately changed to daily, as it was the most popular item. Also, I opined that the cappucinos were not being served properly and this was immediately taken care of - these servers are not 'professional baristas!!. The smoothies were excellent and the presentation was very nice. However, this is a 'Continental Breakfast' or light type of set-up - also would have been nice had it been extended to 11.00am to accommodate the late risers.

We must all remember that this is a new programme for Celebrity and I do think that it was handled very well. Once the servers realise that tips will be forthcoming, I am sure the attitude will improve!!!

Since this is not a dedicated Lounge, the Captains Club cards were inspected at the door - and cabin numbers noted - during the Elite hours. This avoids the problem on RCCL of unauthorised people using the Lounge.

I actually don't like Michael's Lounge - don't care for the 'L' shape. The entrance end becomes rather dark of course. The set-up is not designed for intermingling of guests, unlike the CL's on Radiance Class. But that is my only criticism.........I think Celebrity has a successful programme here - just hope it doesn't backfire by being too easy to attain the required status, as Diamond did on RCCL. And wait till the Diamontees find out that they are entitled to use this programme. I foresee fun ahead!!

I agree that the servers and cabin attendants were extremely nice and very efficient considering that this is a new set-up. All in all, we consider the new Elite programme was excellent - well thought through.

On the Century there were soft drinks available in the afternoon - on the days we went my wife had a Diet Coke and I enjoyed a Traditional Martini. In the morning hours Smoothies were on the light breakfast menu. The staff couldn't have been more friendly or accommodative. We loved this perk! Thank you Captains Club!

Texed and Lois - nice to hear from you guys. I like the sound of a bloody mary in the mornings! The events sound great but maybe I'm just an easy going mingling type! Thanks to all for all the info about what is available.

I think this was intended perhaps to be a pre-dinner drinks event - unfortunate for those on late dining as it will still be late afternoon tea! For main seating it will have been over an hour since those little cakes and sandwiches, and tea - I'll be ready for my martini - I am on holiday after all.

The point I was trying to make about tea and coffee being available elsewhere was that it isnt compulsory to attend, and if you do you dont have to drink anything! They dont serve tea and coffee at the Captains club cocktail party either - and I wouldnt expect it.

There would always be something a guest would prefer. MDH is partial to a glass of milk, but I wouldn't insist it was provided!

I wont knock it till I've tried it. A nice free event for elite members is to be welcomed.

Angie

Jennie, ....

you can join Marybeth for Cappucino in the suite .......:D.

YOU GET CAPPUCINO IN YOUR SUITE ...!! Oh...how the other half lives. :D;)

[That's a very kind offer George...we may well take you up on it if we have to swop cruises. ]:)

YOU GET CAPPUCINO IN YOUR SUITE ...!! Oh...how the other half lives. :D;)

[That's a very kind offer George...we may well take you up on it if we have to swop cruises. ]:)

Whatever you do best wishes. Hope Mike gets his knees back but if he hits me low :eek:.

Take care and keep in touch (like you don't :rolleyes:).

Texed and Lois - nice to hear from you guys. I like the sound of a bloody mary in the mornings! The events sound great but maybe I'm just an easy going mingling type! Thanks to all for all the info about what is available. Angie

Angie,

Nice to hear from you also. I think you will really enjoy the Elite perks. :)

Archived