Would anyone else like a coffee in the afternoon in the Elite Michael's Club ?

WELSH WIZARDS

I have just sailed on the Equinox to the Norwegian Fjords. A lovely ship , as is the Solstice. Being Elite members, we were among the first not only to see the ship, but to enjoy the new perks of being Elite. On the whole they were great...90 mins. free Internet access, some free laundry, etc. and Michaels Club.

We were looking forwards to enjoying our Elite private time in Michael's club, and went the second morning. Lovely free espressos and cappuccinos. No problem so far, and thank you Celebrity's Captains Club. ...until the afternoon.

I asked for a coffee again, and was told they did not serve them.!! I could have free alcohol, but NO coffee , despite the fact that the machine is there. I do not like alcohol, and very rarely drink, and some people for various reasons, cannot drink either, but wish to still join family, friends and your partner.

Now...to get to the point of my post. Am I alone ? Would others like a free coffee, or coke, or juice also ?

If so ...please post and try to make Celebrity change its mind. :D

Yes, we would!! That's why we like Royal Caribbean - cappucinos 24/7:D Well, one of the reasons!!

Problem with Michael's, is that its not a dedicated Captains Club Lounge. Did you notice whether that dark and dreary place called Cellar Masters had many customers? Probably make a rather good CC Lounge. Then there could be a 24/7 machine.

Sheeng - I think WW is referring to the 4.00pm-6.00pm free drinkies for Elite members. Or is she? Over to you lady in the land of sheep:D:D

On RCCL they have a Concierge - there didn't really seem to be anyone in overall charge at the bar who could take even a simple decision to serve coffee during free drinkies. We took the opportunity to try Cosmopolitan Martinis - tasted like lemonade - kicked in later. We then stuck to cokes also, as liquor doesn't agree with us.

WW - had you told me when on board, I could have queried this for you. I spoke to 'someone' I know rather well and at my suggestion, smoked salmon and bagels appeared every day at breakfast and it was very popular!! (We don't have breakfast there - I was just asked my opinion and gave it!!). I also was concerned at the way cappucino was presented and this was instantly righted. This elite thingy is still very new and hopefully, will be tweaked.

Was it my imagination, or were the staff not too pleased at this 'elite' service twice a day? Hopefully, they were well-tipped at the end and from now on, will approach the job with more enthusiasm!!

I have been in the Cl lounge on RCI and found breakfast nice here. I went 2 or 3 times for bagels and smoked salmon. :)

i guess the clean out the coffee machine and never refil it until the next day.:(

I have just sailed on the Equinox to the Norwegian Fjords. A lovely ship , as is the Solstice. Being Elite members, we were among the first not only to see the ship, but to enjoy the new perks of being Elite. On the whole they were great...90 mins. free Internet access, some free laundry, etc. and Michaels Club.

We were looking forwards to enjoying our Elite private time in Michael's club, and went the second morning. Lovely free espressos and cappuccinos. No problem so far, and thank you Celebrity's Captains Club. ...until the afternoon.

I asked for a coffee again, and was told they did not serve them.!! I could have free alcohol, but NO coffee , despite the fact that the machine is there. I do not like alcohol, and very rarely drink, and some people for various reasons, cannot drink either, but wish to still join family, friends and your partner.

Now...to get to the point of my post. Am I alone ? Would others like a free coffee, or coke, or juice also ?

If so ...please post and try to make Celebrity change its mind. :D

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa give me the alcohol.;)

How ya doin Jen?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa give me the alcohol.;)

How ya doin Jen?

I am doing good Malc.... how you u doin ? :D

{ Malc and I have been friends since a great TA on the Connie }

Wish I could say the same for Mike....he has a bad case of wonky knees. !

Are you and Sue Elite yet...? .......I bet you two will have a few afternoons when you could use a coffee. ! ;)

Sheeng....was this during 4 to 6 pm. in Michael's club ?

Hellosailer.....We only went the first afternoon, then asked at the door several times if they were serving coffee . I agree the staff [ who were magnificent everywhere else ] did seem a tad uncooperative when asked for coffee in the Elite two hours . :rolleyes: :)

Yes, we would!! That's why we like Royal Caribbean - cappucinos 24/7:D Well, one of the reasons!!

That's one of my favorite CL perks on RCI - the 24 hr Cappucino machine!

With the new X perks, is Michael's Club not dedidcated to ELite members? I haven't really looked in to the new perks. Just hearing the rumors of it, I assumed the lounge would be locked with Elite keycard entry only.

That's one of my favorite CL perks on RCI - the 24 hr Cappucino machine!

With the new X perks, is Michael's Club not dedidcated to ELite members? I haven't really looked in to the new perks. Just hearing the rumors of it, I assumed the lounge would be locked with Elite keycard entry only.

No, it's only private for Elite's for 2 hours in the morning for a very light breakfast, [ think continental type ] and the lovely free coffee , and two hours in the afternoon, 4 pm. until 6. pm . with NO coffee.

We have done two Celebrity cruises since the introduction of the new Elite benefits. While I understand the desire for a coffee in Micahel's Club in the aftenoon I also understand why it is not available. I have never seen coffee served in any of the "bars" on board Celebrity ships except the Cova where it a pay for item. I am sure if you have a willing server that he or she would go up to the buffet or into the MDR to get you one but that would be exception rather than the rule. In the lounges on the RCL ships the machine is an automated do it yourself process therefore it is available 24/7. The machine in Michaels Club is true barista type equipment and not all servers are comfortable with using it. Non aloholic drinks & sodas were always available in the afternoon. Perhaps Celebrity will change this and we all have to remember that this is a very new program and will certainly be tweaked as time passes. We certainly made good use of this perk both morning and afternoon and consider it to be one of the best things that the Captain's Club has done for elite members in a long time. Kudos to Celebrity for these improvements.

I have never seen coffee served in any of the "bars" on board Celebrity ships except the Cova where it a pay for item.

I have never seen "free drinks " served in any of the bars either.! :D

All I am asking for is something non alchoholic. While I would rather a coffee....... a juice or a coke would do.

Latebloomercruiser......{ QUOTE} Welsh Wizards, I agree with you. I am not quite elite yet, but will be soon, and am looking forward to the lounge. I do not drink alcohol, but love specialty coffees.

Latebloomercruiser.....If you do agree with me....send an email to Captains Club. :D;)

What do they serve for breakfast in Michaels?

I think the new CCs benefits are soooo much better than previously. I understand the UK desire for tea and coffee, and you can get them at Oceanview. As long as you can get a non-acoholic drink, I dont think there is a problem!

On Solstice, every bar had a cappucino machine. Of course, they came with a charge....no free regular coffee.

Well...that's very interesting , as my husband asked for a coffee in the Ensemble Lounge, and they said they did not do coffee. ! We had to go to the Caffe al Bacio and the waitress [ who was very sweet ] carried one through for us, all three of us trecking back through all the people.

Well...that's very interesting , as my husband asked for a coffee in the Ensemble Lounge, and they said they did not do coffee. ! We had to go to the Caffe al Bacio and the waitress [ who was very sweet ] carried one through for us, all three of us trecking back through all the people.

Yea, I'm quite sure they didn't do regular coffees. The machine was only for making espresso/cappucinos. I took note of the machines because I drink Espresso Martinis.....and actually, the Ensemble was one of my favorite lounges.

I think the new CCs benefits are soooo much better than previously. I understand the UK desire for tea and coffee, and you can get them at Oceanview. As long as you can get a non-acoholic drink, I dont think there is a problem!

Hi , Tony.

I am sorry I don't know the answer to your "What do they serve for breakfast in Michael's? " question , but I am sure someone who knows the answer will be posting soon.

I agree...the new benefits , as I said in my original post, are MUCH better. I know I can get coffee in Oceanview, but it's not a speciality coffee, [ and its awful ;)] and the point also is I want to be in Michael's Club enjoying that perk., along with the other Elite's who are enjoying their benefit of free drinks. As far as I am aware you cannot get a free non-alcoholic drink, so I do think there is a problem!

Did any Elite member get a free non-alcoholic drink during the Elite hours in the afternoon ?

the early reports on the "Elite" perks of "Michael's Club" sound to be lacking in continuity.

anxious to find out for ourselves - I do think that once TheStaff finds out that Elite do Tip, they may be more eager to please. Tip's are important and should be forthcoming, especially when service is above and beyond. Who doesn't love the coffee machine in the CL? ... honestly, it was a key reason to keep us coming back. nothing better than to curl up with a nice book in the CL, on a slow afternoon, with something-or-other from that machine. it was always a cool, quiet, and relaxing experience.

Do I understand that Michael's Club is only for Elite during the morning and 4-6P hours? otherwise, anybody can come in???? (and, like, why would they want to?)

Yea, I'm quite sure they didn't do regular coffees. The machine was only for making espresso/cappucinos. I took note of the machines because I drink Espresso Martinis.....and actually, the Ensemble was one of my favorite lounges.

I wanted , and asked for , and was refused, a cappucino. Thats what the waitress from the Caffe el Bacio carried through for us. What is going on ? Michael's club also refuses to serve cappucinos outside the Elite morning time.

Our waiter in the Ensemble lounge brought us Igloos(ice cream drinks)...we really appreciated that & made up for any tips lost while he was off getting them... I guess they are not supposed to serve things from the other areas--but we just wanted the ice cream!

I think they could do reg Coffee in the afternoon seesions for Elites..--not everyone drinks alcohol or soft drinks/ but we are happy they are starting the program as it is..

Are you and Sue Elite yet...? .......I bet you two will have a few afternoons when you could use a coffee. ! ;)

We are both fine, tell Mike that it's the Brains that have done it :D.

Yes we are Elite so we will be giving it a go o Connie at Xmas.

How'd you fancy the Eclipse in May (Scandinavia & Russa)? ;)

the early reports on the "Elite" perks of "Michael's Club" sound to be lacking in continuity.

anxious to find out for ourselves - I do think that once TheStaff finds out that Elite do Tip' date=' they may be more eager to please. Tip's are important and should be forthcoming, especially when service is above and beyond. Who doesn't love the coffee machine in the CL? ... honestly, it was a key reason to keep us coming back. nothing better than to curl up with a nice book in the CL, on a slow afternoon, with something-or-other from that machine. it was always a cool, quiet, and relaxing experience.

Do I understand that Michael's Club is only for Elite during the morning and 4-6P hours? otherwise, anybody can come in???? (and, like, why would they want to?)[/quote']

You understand correctly.....it is for Elite Members for a couple

of hours in the morning and from 4-6 in the afternoons.

I honestly don't remember if it is open during the day or not.

During the regular evenings it is open to anyone...they have

a bar.

As for lacking in continuity, you are probably correct as these new

perks are still in the new process so maybe each ship is still working

out the kinks.

Hi Angie, hope you and Tony are doing well:)always good to see you:D

One of my good friends sailed on Mercury last month and he

said they had all sorts of danish and pastries in Michael's Club

for breakfast...coffees, teas and mimosas, bloody mary's etc...

Hi Jennie

Count me in as a coffee lover. Especially during the day. I may have a drink or two in the evening but I prefer to keep to non-alcoholic before dinner. Surely it would be cheaper for them to serve coffee to those that want it?

Our Xmas cruise will be our first one as Elite - and we are looking forward to all the perks.

Not everyone wants to drink alcohol during the day - even if they are on holiday. :D

Sue

All I am asking for is something non alchoholic. While I would rather a coffee....... a juice or a coke would do.

Jennie

That sounds bizarre - they use orange juice and coke in cocktails etc so I don't understand why they wouldn't serve a coke etc on it's own!! Makes no sense.

Sue

When we were on the Millenium there was no problem getting a non-alcoholic beverage ie. sodas and virgin cocktails in the afternoon...we saw several guests enjoying both...it is only coffee and tea they have not been serving at that time. Remember that this is a Captain's Club function/perk and therefore one should probably discuss this with the Captain's Club hostess when on board. The service staff usually do not have the ability to add items to the menu.

The fruit and pastry selection in the morning was wonderful. Mini muffins were delicious!

Archived