Princess Buffet Food ?

JamesOceanVillage

Well you could eat there every day, but why would you. The main dining rooms have nearly all 'smart casual' nights, so you don't really have to dress up and the food is wonderful. That is not to say that the food in Horizon Court is not wonderful as well, but I mostly like to go the the dining room. On Sea Princess there is also a sit-down pizza restaurant like Pizza Express. That makes a nice change from the buffet or the main dining room. We always eat lunch at Horizon Court and sometimes breakfast, if we do not have room service breakfast on our balcony.

I could probably be happy eating every meal at the buffet, since I'm very picky and this gives me more choices. We always have all breakfasts and lunches there and if we don't like the diningroom dinner menu, we "dine" at the buffet as well.

The buffet food is pretty good, but the thing that I don't like about the Horizontal Court is having to eat laying down.....and crawling in a lineup is hard on the knees. Don't you just hate having to drink using the corner of your mouth?....and reaching that shrimp sauce is sometimes just too difficult.

Sitting upright in the dining room (unless one suffers from vertigo) is much more comfortable, and easier on the digestive system.

The buffet food is pretty good, but the thing that I don't like about the Horizontal Court is having to eat laying down.....and crawling in a lineup is hard on the knees. Don't you just hate having to drink using the corner of your mouth?....and reaching that shrimp sauce is sometimes just too difficult.

Sitting upright in the dining room (unless one suffers from vertigo) is much more comfortable, and easier on the digestive system.

:D There and I was being kind in not pointing out the typo!!

Well you could eat there every day, but why would you. The main dining rooms have nearly all 'smart casual' nights, so you don't really have to dress up and the food is wonderful. That is not to say that the food in Horizon Court is not wonderful as well, but I mostly like to go the the dining room. On Sea Princess there is also a sit-down pizza restaurant like Pizza Express. That makes a nice change from the buffet or the main dining room. We always eat lunch at Horizon Court and sometimes breakfast, if we do not have room service breakfast on our balcony.

You could always find something that tasty without waiting. The food was seasoned well and thought it was not served on pretty plates but troughs was quiet enjoyable. For ME, most of the food in the MDR was bland and lacked real flavor (Sapphire Princess 7/14, Golden 8/7). Most dishes had sauce and without the sauce the food did not have a lick of salt or pepper. On nights we went to the MDR I ended up at the buffet for a real filling. This was the first time in 10 cruises I thought going in the MDR was NOT worth the wait and headed straight to the buffet. Thanks to the mediocre dining experience on Princess, I don't think that I can blackmail, well actually blackfemale, DH into the MDR anymore except for formal night. Now dressing up will be more pics because in two trips I have taken and bought pics with all the fun backgrounds. As of now I have NO desire to sit and wait 1.5-2 hours for food that I probably won't enjoy. I had ONE memorable meal in the MDR which was the prime rib. The lobster was dry but soaking it in butter helped however the Beef Wellington was tasty. My daughter liked the alfrdo dish but I am not a pasta fan. The rest of us tried a few things but thought....pffffffffffffff!

Someone with a good sense of humour:)

BTW we never eat in the MDR(both traditional or anytime)

DH only likes to dine at the buffet, he can take the amount of food that he likes(less then the dining room). He likes to see what there is and chose a little and go back for what he likes. He is very picky about how hot his food is and hasn't had to many times when it wasn't hot. He also likes that he doesn't have to sit and wait for his food. We have thought that the food at the buffet is often better then the dining room, but that is our opinion.

Another vote for the buffet. Now we do eat at times in the dining room but in the last number of years the buffet has absolutely improved big time for a variety of foods. The foods for me are always hot and since the buffet area is in stations you never need to wait in lines at all. Now we are early eaters so have no problems whatsoever on finding tables, getting food hot etc. I would say that a good 75% of our meals are now in the Horizon ct. To be fair we do look at the DR menu each day to see what is served and frankly there are times that nothing sounds or looks good so always go to the buffet.

Marilyn

I am always surprised when people say that Princess' buffet food is much better than other cruise lines. To me the buffet food isn't very good and surprised that other ship's buffet is worse than that!

I was very proud of myself that on a recent cruise on the Ruby I only ate in the Buffet once. That was all meals, not just dinner. I wouldn't think of eating dinner in the buffet. I don't think the dining room is stuffy and they do have the "comfort classics" if you think the meals are too fru fru. While the descriptions sounds like "fine dining", I think the meal you get is pretty down to earth.

But that's the great thing about cruising. Everyone likes different things and the cruise ship accomodates all!

Hi (Again):rolleyes:, I was just wondering if u was a casual dinner would u eat at the buffet every day also has anyone got any pictures of the Horizontal Court of Sea Princess,

Thanks Very Very Much,

James.

I was on the FLL to SFO repo trip in MAY OF 09 the food in the Horizon Court was better than on the Grand class ships. I would make sure you are signed up for Anytime Dinning then you can check the menu in the MDR an eat where you like.

Hi (Again), I was just wondering if u was a casual dinner would u eat at the buffet every day also has anyone got any pictures of the Horizontal Court of Sea Princess,

Thanks Very Very Much,

James.

I am not sure how different the areas are:

Be careful with the buffet, once you go buf you may never go back.

2416636130101627832S425x425Q85.jpg2300824130101627832S425x425Q85.jpg2361545580101627832S425x425Q85.jpg2080336650101627832S425x425Q85.jpg2393905610101627832S425x425Q85.jpg2929826200101627832S425x425Q85.jpg

In my opinion on Sea Princess the buffet stations are better laid out than on Sapphire in that they flow and are not islands

Thanks for photos

Have they taken the coffee area out of the buffet line? If not, then the layout is still awful.

Thank you All very much, So would u recomend a Imformal cruiser to Princess ??? Also is it the same food ever night ??

I chose Princess because I wanted elegance and fru-fru. I am leaving a casual cruiser. I am used to wearing up to 9 dresses/gowns on a 7 night cruise, with 2 different ones on formal nights. On this past cruise I wore 1.5. I stayed in one gown long enough for pics then changed to something more comfortable for an enjoyable and relaxing meal in the buffet. I thought Princess would be the place I stayed true to fru-fru dining, instead I am ready to try NCL (casual aspect) than ever before.

Overall great cruising experience but I didn't see this coming. All 'dem' frocks forever in the closet :-)

Archived