Pity that Princess does not commemorate passing of honored Most Traveled!

p010ne

:o We have treasured a friendship with a couple that were Princess table-mates on a long cruise (and have had the pleasure of sharing several other Princess cruises with them!). We have been present for several Captains Circle recognition events on those cruises where they have been recognized and awarded among the most traveled passengers! We are grieved to know of the passing of the lady of this couple and wondered if Princess has a program to provide some sort of commemoration at the funeral; however, I received this (reply to DM Tweet via Twitter):

PrincessCruises: So very sorry to hear of her passing. We unfortunately don't have a program for funerals.

I realize that it would not be feasible to commemorate some categories such as Elite; however, it seems a pity that there is no procedure to recognize or track those who have been recognized and awarded Most Traveled?

:o We have treasured a friendship with a couple that were Princess table-mates on a long cruise (and have had the pleasure of sharing several other Princess cruises with them!). We have been present for several Captains Circle recognition events on those cruises where they have been recognized and awarded among the most traveled passengers! We are grieved to know of the passing of the lady of this couple and wondered if Princess has a program to provide some sort of commemoration at the funeral; however, I received this (reply to DM Tweet via Twitter):

I realize that it would not be feasible to commemorate some categories such as Elite; however, it seems a pity that there is no procedure to recognize or track those who have been recognized and awarded Most Traveled?

One each cruise there is a most traveled passinger, no way could Princess keep tract of them all. However the most traveled passinger on Princess is the Godmother of the Royal Princess ,quite an Honor.

One each cruise there is a most traveled passinger, no way could Princess keep tract of them all. However the most traveled passinger on Princess is the Godmother of the Royal Princess ,quite an Honor.

:p Why do you think there is no way to keep TRACK of them? Twitter or email obituary or death information (as I did) is really quite easy! The only problem is that Princess (Captains Circle), apparently, does not have a process to respond with sympathy cards or whatever! :p

Let's see now.

Princess recognizes the 40 most traveled passengers on every cruise on every ship.

The ships average about 45 cruises per year each x 17 ships.

40 x 45 x 17 = 30,600 people every year.

So you want them to track the personal lives of about 30,600 people every year??

Maybe they could cancel their Captains Circle Program and dedicate that money to tracking them??

You’re kidding, right?????

Do you know of an airline that commemorates their high mileage frequent fliers when they pass away?

Do you know if Costco commemorates their high volume customers when they pass away?

In fact, do you know any large business that commemorates the loss of a valued customer? Give us a few examples.

Barry

you’re kidding, right?????

Do you know of an airline that commemorates their high mileage frequent fliers when they pass away?

Do you know if costco commemorates their high volume customers when they pass away?

In fact, do you know any large business that commemorates the loss of a valued customer? Give us a few examples.

Barry

mj!

We have to understand that the OP is reacting to her grief and therefore is not thinking clearly.

When she calms down, she will understand that this is not something a huge company can or should do.

I totally agree with you. I can't imagine Princess even considering something like this. :eek:

We have to understand that the OP is reacting to her grief and therefore is not thinking clearly.

When she calms down, she will understand that this is not something a huge company can or should do.

I agree with Toto and Donna. While it's sad that someone has passed away, Princess is just not equipped to hold funerals or memorial services. I'm sure that if you wanted to send a sympathy card to Princess, they would forward it on to the family.

There are a surprising number of cruises where someone passes away while on the cruise. I have never heard of a funeral or memorial service for them.

I suspect the only "most traveled" passenger that Princess will ever recognize if she passes away is Mrs. Lorraine Arzt, who is also the godmother of the "new" Royal Princess.

I think the most traveled passengers get plenty of extra attention and perks while aboard cruises. It's sad when someone passes but

I think it is unreasonable to expect Princess to keep track and recognize deaths. I think it's always more important to treat people well while they're alive.

I think the most traveled passengers get plenty of extra attention and perks while aboard cruises. It's sad when someone passes but

I think it is unreasonable to expect Princess to keep track and recognize deaths. I think it's always more important to treat people well while they're alive.

I agree. Death is sad and some people are on these cruises to get away from their own sadness. Why should they be forced to deal with someone else's loss because they chose to spend all their vacation time with one line. Princess is a business, for the most part we are only a number recognized upon log in. If you are fortunate to spend enough time crusing to earn this title, then that's one heck of a life...JMOP!

Princess is in the "lets have fun cruise business" not the obituary business, lots of the people cruising on Princess are older seniors and don't need to be reminded of their own mortality while trying to have a good time on a cruise if you personally want to be depressed on a daily basis just read your local papers obituary pages but please don't force that on me when I'm trying to enjoy myself on a cruise.

No offense, but I really don't see any reason to acknowledge the person, regardless of their patronage of the Princess line. 99.5% of Princess passengers do not know the person, and probably do not care. What's the point? I'd say they could put something on their website, perhaps issue a press release, and be done with it.

For the record, I work in PR and this would be my suggestion to the company if I worked for them.

I suspect the only "most traveled" passenger that Princess will ever recognize if she passes away is Mrs. Lorraine Arzt, who is also the godmother of the "new" Royal Princess.

Only thing that makes sense on this thread.

Archived