Emerald Princess hints?

welovetocruise123

I'm also enjoying this thread! Can someone tell me a little bit more about Cafe Caribe? From what I understand it's a buffet near the Horizon Court. Is this where they have Mexican food? DH absolutely loves Mexican food so I need to make sure we get some at least once on the cruise. When we were on the Sapphire a couple years ago we had anytime dining and we ate in the Santa Fe dining room almost every night because he loved the fajitas. I told him they don't have those themed dining rooms on the Emerald but if I can find some Mexican food he'll be so happy. :)

Also, is Cafe Caribe open for lunch and dinner? I'm assuming the theme is different each day/night? Will the type of food be listed in the Patters?

Be sure to check out Adagios, great martinis and complimentary dish of wonderful stuffed olives! Also, if you like sushi, try Vines:)

My husband LOVES sushi.....could someone give me an idea of the approx price because he's a big guy and can eat A LOT :o

I am enjoying this thread, as we just booked the Emerald for next August to the western caribbean.:D The last time we cruised Princess was on the CB in 2005. Not sure if it's still allowed, but we loved our waiter so much on the second night of our cruise, and even though we were on the Personal Choice plan, we were able to secure a standing reservation and had him for the rest of the cruise.:) As is the case with all the Grand class ships, the public areas can get pretty packed, especially on sea days, but we avoid them by trying to avoid them at peak times. Also, I hear that some of the Aft cabins facing the wake are some of the most sought-after in the fleet - book early to get one.:)

We did pretty much the same thing in Nov 06, we had the anytime dining, second night we didn't like the waiter as much as the first night. Remainder of the week we made reservations for the first waiter the rest of the week for our party of 8.

We have been wanting to do the Emerald since the ship set sail, and finally made a reservation for September 2010. However I have decided I am going to go all out and booked a VS category stateroom. Last two times I sailed with Princess were in IS staterooms.

I'm also enjoying this thread! Can someone tell me a little bit more about Cafe Caribe? From what I understand it's a buffet near the Horizon Court. Is this where they have Mexican food? DH absolutely loves Mexican food so I need to make sure we get some at least once on the cruise.

Also, is Cafe Caribe open for lunch and dinner?

The Cafe Caribe is open for all meals. It is located behind the Horizon Court. There are great views along the side and back of the ship from there. And yes, it does have Mexican food. We'd go after shows to enjoy their wonderful guacamole. It also had some foods with visiting port flavors. Do a walk through the buffet before taking anything. The organization is a little strange - some appetizers are at the end of the line. The service was first rate when we were on Emerald. We wrote up "You Made a Difference" cards for some of the staff in Cafe Caribe staff.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Woobstr112G What fantastic pictures of where you have sailed They are beautiful picutres and memories......Wow you have been to a lot of ports and what a beautiful array of pictures. Places that I may never get to.

Thank you again for sharing I especially love Misha......Golden Retreiver? We have a black lab, Hunter and we love him just as much....wish he could go with us!

:D

Thanks for the kind words.....:):):)

Bob

The International cafe was really good. They have pasta salads, quiches, cakes, panini sandwiches, mozzarella and tomato salads, chicen salads. YOu can sit at watch the musicians while having cookies with milk.

It is near the coffee bar,

Vines wines and seafood bar has appys and sushi free and sells wines. They feature a selection of domestic and imported artisan cheeses.

They have an Irish Pub Wheelhouse Bar Pub Lunch open only on sea days. We had the Cottage Pie, I had to have it everytime we went in there, it was great.they also served fish & chips, ploughman's lunch. Beer is not free. A selection of traditional pub brews such as Stella Artois, Bass Ale or Guinness. Pub lunch meal service is free of charge and will run from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

If that isn't enough choice, there's 24-hour room service and you can even order pizza delivered to your cabin for a nominal $3 service charge.

The Cafe Caribe is open for all meals. It is located behind the Horizon Court. There are great views along the side and back of the ship from there. And yes, it does have Mexican food. We'd go after shows to enjoy their wonderful guacamole. It also had some foods with visiting port flavors. Do a walk through the buffet before taking anything. The organization is a little strange - some appetizers are at the end of the line. The service was first rate when we were on Emerald. We wrote up "You Made a Difference" cards for some of the staff in Cafe Caribe staff.

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to some of that guacamole. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

We'll be right next door to you but unfortunately the week after. I thought about noise from the theater, but we have second seating dinner and will probably be in the audience for the second show. I know we won't be in bed then.

We were on the Emerald in December 2007. Are they still doing the seafood buffet at the Cafe Caribe on the first night? That was one highlight for me from that cruise--a perfect snack before dinner as we sailed from Fort Lauderdale.

Archived