Well-Being and Suite Packages Pamper HAL guests

Krazy Kruizers

Well-Being and Suite Packages Pamper Holland America Line Guests

Seattle, WA, August 20, 2009 — Promoting relaxation and well-being, three Holland America Line packages provide guests with more ways to customize their cruise vacation. The Well-Being Package, Suite Amenities Package and Suite Elite Package feature select combinations for fitness, luxury and revitalization.

“As the needs and expectations of our guests continue to diversify, we, in turn, continue to vary our offerings that entertain, educate and energize,” said Richard D. Meadows, CTC, executive vice president, marketing, sales and guest services. “These packages further enhance luxury cruising for our guests that are wanting an exclusive and personal experience.”

Well-Being Package

The Well-Being Package promotes rejuvenation through the Greenhouse Spa and fitness center. One fitness session is included which guests can choose from a class schedule while onboard. Guests select either a fifty minute facial or massage treatment from a collection comprised of a La Therapie Facial, an Elemis Aromapure Facial and a Swedish or an Elemis Deep Tissue Massage.

Guests will also enjoy an advanced revitalization treatment with an Alpha Capsule session which combines dry-heat sauna, vibratory massage and soothing aromatherapy. Unlimited access to the hydro pool and thermal suite is added with a souvenir monogrammed bathrobe for each guest. At a preferred time, a platter of sliced fresh fruit is delivered daily. The Well-Being package starts at $299 per person on seven-day sailings.

Suite Amenities Package

The Suite Amenities Package offers special suite-like services for guests booked in staterooms other than suites. Either high tea or cold canapés are delivered to each stateroom daily as well as complimentary laundry and pressing through the length of a sailing. Guests also enjoy an Explorations Café coffee card for ten drinks and a daily DVD selection from the video library with hot popcorn. For an evening of fine dining, a dinner for two is provided at the Pinnacle Grill restaurant.

Fresh flowers, pillows à la carte and a beverage set-up with two bottles of wine and two bottles of liquor are prepared along with two souvenir monogrammed bathrobes in each stateroom. Special disembarkation including luggage pick-up and departure at leisure is offered with access to a disembarkation lounge with refreshments. The Suite Amenities Package starts at $285 per person on sailings up to 10 days.

Suite Elite Package

Exclusive to suite guests, the Suite Elite Package pampers guests even more with additional amenities for a deluxe cruise experience. An initial beverage set-up of two bottles of wine and two bottles of liquor are placed in each stateroom. A Culinary Arts Center cooking class is included along with a session of premium wine tasting and a dinner to share in the Pinnacle Grill.

For relaxation, unlimited access to the hydro pool and thermal suite is offered on all sailings. An internet card of 100 minutes, an Explorations Café coffee card for ten drinks, daily turndown truffles and a deluxe flower arrangement complete this package. The Suite Elite Package starts at $429 per person on sailings up to 10 days.

For additional information, consult a professional travel agent, call 1-877-SAIL HAL (877-724-5425), Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576 or visit www.hollandamerica.com.

Here and I thought you were going to tell me suite pax got all this free or do they?

If you consider what suite pax pay for their voyage, they do not get these items for free.

I am conisdering this for my upcoming voyage, but will have to call ship's services to get the price for my 14 day trip.

It seems to me that those who book suites are actually getting the short end of the deal, if those who book in the lower class cabins can have these perks for $1,000 -$2,000 more (per cabin)..:confused: Wouldn't Suite Passengers resent those of us who normally book the lower class cabins, having almost the same perks as they have, for only $2,000 as apposed to the amount they pay for their suites?

What extra perks do Suite passengers get, other than larger accommodations, guaranteed dining, the Neptune Lounge, Concierge Service, a chance to hobnob with the Captain & his wife, &/or perhaps bragging rights which some (not all) seem to enjoy doing....;);)

Of course Suite Passengers, could purchase the Suite Elite Package ($1,000 for 2) for a Deluxe Experience.. :)

Perhaps I really don't know what we're missing by booking an outside cabin..;)

JMO..Betty

Perhaps I really don't know what we're missing by booking an outside cabin..;)

I know what I'm missing by booking an inside cabin: daylight.

And that's all right with me as I can take many more cruises when I go in the cheap seats (or beds, as it were).

Betty, I often travel in a deluxe suite with 2 other family members, but just finished 14 days in an inside cabin, solo.

When in a suite, we value that huge extra space, extra shower stall, dressing room, private quiet place to eat breakfast (Pinnacle), and guaranteed dining preference. Those last 2 perks for dining are absolutely priceless.

We usually send our regrets and don't attend the welcome cocktail party, so "hobnob" value is low for us :).

I have no problem with HAL selling hors d' oeuvres / booze and coffee / laundry packages to others. Doesn't detract in any way from the great value (if you figure it on a square foot basis) we get in a suite.

What was reassuring was the great value I also got in an inside cabin.

NCL is re-introducing what amounts to 2 different classes on one ship, with their Garden Courtyards.

Inside or suite, it's all still pure HAL.

It seems to me that those who book suites are actually getting the short end of the deal, if those who book in the lower class cabins can have these perks for $1,000 -$2,000 more (per cabin)..:confused: Wouldn't Suite Passengers resent those of us who normally book the lower class cabins, having almost the same perks as they have, for only $2,000 as apposed to the amount they pay for their suites?

It all depends on why you are paying the suite prices. For us, it is the size of the cabin. We would never cruise in anything less than a suite but it is because of what we do/don't do on a cruise. We spend time in our cabin relaxing so it is important to us to have a large cabin with a large bathroom. For those folks who use the cabin as a place to shower and catch a few hours of sleep, a cheaper cabin may fit their needs better (and as some pointed out, allow them to cruise more often). To me, this like food, is a very subjective topic.

I would be perfectly happy in an Inside cabin, but DH wants that balcony to go out onto in the morning in his PJ's and sip his coffee.

However, to book longer cruises, I found a compromise - I can manage to talk him down into an Oceanview, but on the Promenade deck so that he can have easy access to a "balcony" from his room. Heck, if the cruise is long enough, I might be able to talk him into an inside cabin if it's the one that's right by the double doors at the end of the hallway, leading to the mother of all balconies - the bow!

I monitor rates like crazy so that I can make him as comfortable as possible, because we really do spend a lot of time in our cabin. And it doesn't make sense to us to spend the money on a 3, 4 or 7 day cruise at all, "even" if it means we could have an SA. It's not long enough to enjoy it.

Betty, I often travel in a deluxe suite with 2 other family members, but just finished 14 days in an inside cabin, solo.

When in a suite, we value that huge extra space, extra shower stall, dressing room, private quiet place to eat breakfast (Pinnacle), and guaranteed dining preference. Those last 2 perks for dining are absolutely priceless.

We usually send our regrets and don't attend the welcome cocktail party, so "hobnob" value is low for us :).

I have no problem with HAL selling hors d' oeuvres / booze and coffee / laundry packages to others. Doesn't detract in any way from the great value (if you figure it on a square foot basis) we get in a suite.

What was reassuring was the great value I also got in an inside cabin.

NCL is re-introducing what amounts to 2 different classes on one ship, with their Garden Courtyards.

Inside or suite, it's all still pure HAL.

OH Yes I forgot about the extra shower & dressing room..I would not be comfortable sharing an inside or outside cabin with a third person..Just having only one bathroom makes it tough for me..;)

It's nice to hear that you will not not resent those who purchase these packages..But I can't help wondering if all suite passengers feel as you do..Agree with you Inside, Outside or Suite it's still pure HAL..

I'm with Ruth on this one.......

Oh I am too! And I'm grateful that we can cruise as often & as long as we do..All I'm questioning is will suite passengers resent those who purchase the amenities package for $289 per person..

It all depends on why you are paying the suite prices. For us, it is the size of the cabin. We would never cruise in anything less than a suite but it is because of what we do/don't do on a cruise. We spend time in our cabin relaxing so it is important to us to have a large cabin with a large bathroom. For those folks who use the cabin as a place to shower and catch a few hours of sleep, a cheaper cabin may fit their needs better (and as some pointed out, allow them to cruise more often). To me, this like food, is a very subjective topic.

I'm not questioning why you book a suite at all...You don't seem to understand my question to suite passengers.. Fannish understood & gave me a good answer..

Believe me if we had the means & could still take our long cruises, we would be the first ones to book a suite..Even though we are happy in our cabin, we can & do enjoy luxurious accomodations... Unfortunately, I hardly ever drink anything except one glass of wine or a mudslide now & again, so the alcohol package would be mainly for DH..I can't see him drinking two whole bottles, in a 10 day period..But if they included mud-slides or pina colada's , I certainly could help him..;)

KrazyKruisers pointed out:

Quote Delux suite guests get a free bottle of champagne from the HM and Captain. With the one package you get 2 Plus 2 bottles of alcohol -- we have to pay for those. Also we don;t get any free cooking classes or free wine tastings or free Pinnacle dinners. unquote

I see mixed reactions from two different suite passenges.. :confused: Can't help but wonder, if other suite guests would feel cheated & resentful of someone in a lower cabin purchasing the Suite ammenity package, while you pay thousands more for your suite amenities?

I'm really not trying to stir up trouble, just wondering what others think of these packages..Please post your thoughts about this question..

Betty

P.S. Don't know how to start a poll...If someone thinks it would make a good poll question please feel free..

Where did you find these offerings? I received lots of package offerings with my docs.....but nothing like that.

Karen check out the News on the bottom of HAL's WEB site:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/news/Main.action

Also at the top of HAL's Home page they have special offerings which show reduced fares rfor many cruises, except ours..:(

Betty

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone remember what the cost is for a 12-day cruise for unlimited Laundry and unlimited access to the Spa when onboard?

We don't drink, so the packages with the liquor setup aren't cost effective for us, but I am trying to figure out whether one of the Suite packages is a better buy than purchasing these two separately once on board...

Does anyone remember what the cost is for a 12-day cruise for unlimited Laundry and unlimited access to the Spa when onboard?

We don't drink, so the packages with the liquor setup aren't cost effective for us, but I am trying to figure out whether one of the Suite packages is a better buy than purchasing these two separately once on board...

For our 12 day on the Prinsendam next summer, it is $95 pp.

I am with Ruth also. I like porthole, or window, but for a longer cruise we do inside because of the cost, or stay home. I like to read in the lounges or on deck.My room is for dressing and sleeping. The one time we had a balcony , we did not use it . I stepped out on it once because we paid for it.

I have nothing against booking a suite, it just has not been the right thing for me since i like being out and about,

Cely

• 1 month later...

To give another answer to the original question....

We are booked in an SA on a 10-day Med cruise next April. We will be in Rome for 5 days prior. We booked the SA specifically to have the most comfortable 10 days. (We oringinally were booked just in an SC to get the perks, but got a really nice no-cost upgrade to the SA and snatched it). Comfortable from the standpoint of space, Pinnacle for breakfast, the laundry, the Neptune Lounge, things like that.

As to the issue of having to share perks, I cannot imagine that our laundry and dry-cleaning will be delayed by more people being able to use it. Nor should we worry about missing out on anything. Our cabin stewards or concierge will not be going down to service an inside cabin that buys the package. The more money HAL makes, the more they will be able to compete in the market.

• 1 month later...
The extra fee for regular cabins to get some deluxe perks is a much' date=' much better deal than the $429 per person add-on for the suites. I don't think I could justify that extra amount for so little no matter how big the bouquet.[/quote']

If you would use, or buy, all of the items in the suite package, it is worth buying it because it is a bit cheaper than buying each item individually. However, if you would only use some of the items, and not others, it may not be worth buying it for you. It is really a matter of what you want to purchase and if you will use all of the items. JMHO.

You all have really summed this up well. It is like the suggestion, don't start a conversation at dinner on a cruise with... "how much did you pay for your cabin"? Some of us like to travel more often, others prefer a little more space, some have to have balconies, some don't. We prefer the suites, but certainly don't mind the packages that are availiable to other passengers.

Archived