Splendor Balcony Rooms

morriscats

It has been a while since we have sailed on Carnival. We want to book Splendor in June and want a balcony room with a nice balcony. Please help with suggestions - we love aft rooms. 8A?? What is extended balcony? We treasure the balcony size more than we do the room size. Thanks for any help.

It has been a while since we have sailed on Carnival. We want to book Splendor in June and want a balcony room with a nice balcony. Please help with suggestions - we love aft rooms. 8A?? What is extended balcony? We treasure the balcony size more than we do the room size. Thanks for any help.

Aft's are extended. These are a premium 9A. Only other way would be a suite.

You either want an aft cabin with extended balcony - 8G or the aft wrap around - 9A. There are only 6 9A's on the ship but the Dream will have 8. Carnival redid the cabin designations so you need to get a new book. You used to be able to get an aft depending on the deck as an 8A, 8B 8C but now all the aft facing cabins with the extended balconies are 8G.

The 8Gs have a bigger balcony than the side balcony cabins but the cabin is the same size. The 9A cabins are great with the huge balcony but the cabins are about the same size.

The two exact center aft 8G cabins on the Splendor are about 8 inches narrower than the others.

We had 7444 and 7446 on the Splendor in June and I did measure:o.

We had three chairs (two loungers) and a small table.

Ok, the ones I am looking at are 6448, 6475 and 6483. Looks like the balcony is longer than others?

Those are the L shaped cabins..not considered true afts.. but yes the balconies are bigger.. I do believe they only sleep 2 as well;)

• 3 weeks later...

If you are still wondering, this thread helped us decide on booking our cabin for March. It has great photos!

We originally booked 6475 (8A), but with the recent price cuts, I called and upgraded to 7443 (8B) and still saved $10 pp from what I had originally booked!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=892324

• 4 months later...

Archived