Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

The three cheapest are Hampton Inn & Suites, 2500 Stirling Rd @ $119.00

Rodeway Inn & Suites, 2440 West State Road 84 @ $129.00

Days Inn Cruiseport, 1700 West Broward Blvd. 1-95 @ $144.00

We're looking at $180.00 plus to park our car at the lots, so staying overnight seems better.

royalcruz: Any problems with location of any of them?

Thank you

Snowbird

Avoid the Days Inn for location. There isn't anything around Rodeway but it should be fine otherwise. Hampton is fine and that looks like a good price.

We're flying into Fort Lauderdale this Saturday and will be spending the night at the Sea Club Resort on Fort Lauderdale Boulevard, just across from the beach. Is a taxi the only/best way to get from the airport to the resort?

Last year we stayed at a hotel located behind the Sea Club. Our taxi driver couldn't find the address, despite us giving him accurate directions. We ended up paying nearly $40 for what should have been a $20-25 taxi ride:mad:.

If there's a better way to get to/from the hotel than a taxi, can you please tell me? I don't want a repeat of last year's rip-off!

We're flying into Fort Lauderdale this Saturday and will be spending the night at the Sea Club Resort on Fort Lauderdale Boulevard, just across from the beach. Is a taxi the only/best way to get from the airport to the resort?

Last year we stayed at a hotel located behind the Sea Club. Our taxi driver couldn't find the address, despite us giving him accurate directions. We ended up paying nearly $40 for what should have been a $20-25 taxi ride:mad:.

If there's a better way to get to/from the hotel than a taxi, can you please tell me? I don't want a repeat of last year's rip-off!

A taxi is the best way. They won't have any trouble finding Sea Club, as it is right across the street from the beach and has a big sign. I think there is a circular driveway right in front. There are taxis waiting down the street so one should be dispatched to you within no time at all.

Based on location I would definitely go with Gallery One. Both hotels have the water taxi stops. Gallery One has a nice mall a block away and the beach 3 blocks away. There are some nice upscale chain restaurants at the mall. You might also look at the hotels across from the beach that have nice pool decks and are an easy walking distance to the main beachfront restaurants and bars: Atlantic, W, Westin, Ritz Carlton, Marriott Beachplace, Courtyard Marriott.

Thanks so much for the information. We ended up booking with the Westin, reviewers seem to be really happy overall and we got it for a decent price (199.00) I think. Thanks again.

I'm staying at Hampton Inn Sterling Rd in FL city the night before our cruise on Oasis... can anyone recommend a "must see" place that we can check out Friday evening or after we get off the ship, as our flight home is not till 6:30 PM?? Something very close to the cruise terminal that only takes a couple of hours to see?

I'm staying at Hampton Inn Sterling Rd in FL city the night before our cruise on Oasis... can anyone recommend a "must see" place that we can check out Friday evening or after we get off the ship, as our flight home is not till 6:30 PM?? Something very close to the cruise terminal that only takes a couple of hours to see?

For friday night, you are a 10-15 minute ride to downtown Hollywood where you will find a bunch of casual bars and restaurants of many ethnicities. After departure, see if you can check in your bags at the terminal (southwest will do this) and get downtown for a nice walk. You can walk west along Las Olas Blvd, then along the river to the Performing Arts Center to get a feel for the city. You can have lunch and do a little shopping along the way. It's only about 3-4 miles from the terminal and is a quick 15 min ride to the airport.

If I decide to book a room from another website like Priceline, does that mean I can't take advantage of the free parking during a cruise? Is it a special price for stay123 that upcharges for the parking?

Usually any cruise/stay packages are booked directly from the hotel. For our upcoming cruise we are leaving the car at the hotel, this was not available on any of the websites. This is just what we have found.....

We are arriving on Thanksgiving in FLL and don't sail out until Sat from POM. There are 6 of us, Wife and I and two teenage girls and 18 and 20 yo boys. They have never seen the beach before so we were looking at staying at the Embassy Suites in Deerfield Beach. I figure with 6 it is as cheap to rent our own car, and the breakfast alone will save me $60/day fri and sat.

I'm just wondering if anybody knows of a better plan than what I have come up with.....first family vacation, so pretty much a newbie at this. Thanks in advance!

No advice but have a wonderful time.

Hello!

Could you tell me what rental car companies that are available at FLL airport that also provide a shuttle from MIAMI airport to the Port of Miami?

I plan on renting a car in FLL and returning it to Miami airport and then taking a shuttle from Miami airport to the Port of Miami.

I keep reading that this company no longer offers shuttles and this one does right now but only until the end of the year. I am cruising the end of January.

Can you please shed some light?

We just booked the Carnival Freedom out of Port Everglades! Although we are VERY excited, this momma is a bit nervous about trying to get things all planned out before we leave!

I have tried to read through as much of this thread as I could, however it is overwhelming!

We have stayed in FLL twice for our cruises, once at the Embassy Suites and the second time was the Embassy Suites by way of the Hampton Inn City Central.

We will be arriving on Friday, 12-17 at about 8:30pm, cruise leaves the next day.

If I am reading this wonderful thread correctly.... the Hampton Inn will match our needs:

shuttle from the airport

shuttle to the pier

CLEAN/SAFE rooms

breakfast in the am

so my question .... is all of that true? Does anyone know if they have queen beds (two teenage boys traveling with my DH and I)?? Is there somewhere quick and easy we can grab dinner late like 9 or 10ish CLOSE by???

thanks in advance for any help!!

We just booked the Carnival Freedom out of Port Everglades! Although we are VERY excited, this momma is a bit nervous about trying to get things all planned out before we leave!

I have tried to read through as much of this thread as I could, however it is overwhelming!

We have stayed in FLL twice for our cruises, once at the Embassy Suites and the second time was the Embassy Suites by way of the Hampton Inn City Central.

We will be arriving on Friday, 12-17 at about 8:30pm, cruise leaves the next day.

If I am reading this wonderful thread correctly.... the Hampton Inn will match our needs:

shuttle from the airport

shuttle to the pier

CLEAN/SAFE rooms

breakfast in the am

so my question .... is all of that true? Does anyone know if they have queen beds (two teenage boys traveling with my DH and I)?? Is there somewhere quick and easy we can grab dinner late like 9 or 10ish CLOSE by???

You did not say which Hampton you are staying at. You mentioned a previous stay through the Hampton Inn City Center...they do not advertise that they have shuttles from the airport, so you should call the hotel and ask about this. The closest places to get food late are the Briney or the Cheescake Factory, but they are a few blocks away. There is nothing right near this hotel.

If I decide to book a room from another website like Priceline, does that mean I can't take advantage of the free parking during a cruise? Is it a special price for stay123 that upcharges for the parking?

According to the info I found parking is not included when you book through Priceline. You can purchase the parking option at the hotel, but the price is more than you would pay if you booked the package through Stay123.com. I called the hotel to ask...but I can't remember the pricing....just that it was indeed more money than the package. The package directly through the hotel was way more money also.....

shuttle from the airport

shuttle to the pier

CLEAN/SAFE rooms

breakfast in the am

If you are talking about the Hampton Inn on Sterling Rd which has the shuttle to and from the port:

The beds are not queens, but doubles. Tiny looking to me! My 2 kids, 3 & 8, slept on the pull out sofa while DH and I had our own beds! Now the sofa was okay for a 27lb 3 year old and a 47lb 8 year old....but teens boys?? I think they might be uncomfortable.

Nothing really nearby except Chipolte, McDonalds and Taco Bell.

According to the info I found parking is not included when you book through Priceline. You can purchase the parking option at the hotel, but the price is more than you would pay if you booked the package through Stay123.com. I called the hotel to ask...but I can't remember the pricing....just that it was indeed more money than the package. The package directly through the hotel was way more money also.....

If you are talking about the Hampton Inn on Sterling Rd which has the shuttle to and from the port:

The beds are not queens, but doubles. Tiny looking to me! My 2 kids, 3 & 8, slept on the pull out sofa while DH and I had our own beds! Now the sofa was okay for a 27lb 3 year old and a 47lb 8 year old....but teens boys?? I think they might be uncomfortable.

Nothing really nearby except Chipolte, McDonalds and Taco Bell.

Thank you soooo much! That is just the info I needed! My boys are 17 and 14! My 17 year old is 6' 5 A sleeper sofa is so not for him!

You did not say which Hampton you are staying at. You mentioned a previous stay through the Hampton Inn City Center...they do not advertise that they have shuttles from the airport, so you should call the hotel and ask about this. The closest places to get food late are the Briney or the Cheescake Factory, but they are a few blocks away. There is nothing right near this hotel.

Thanks for the reply! City Center is out and it sounds like Hampton Inn on Sterling Rd is out too! Is there another one that cruisers are using?

Truly we will stay anywhere! This is what we are looking for!

need transport from airport

need transport to Port Everglades

complimentary breakfast

queen size beds

Thanks for the reply! City Center is out and it sounds like Hampton Inn on Sterling Rd is out too! Is there another one that cruisers are using?

complimentary breakfast

queen size beds

We are staying at the Hampton on Stirling this weekend and got it through book it dot com. We were able to get King beds. I understand, though, that there is not too much as far as eating in the area except for fast food.

complimentary breakfast

queen size beds

We are sailing on the Freedom Dec. 4th and also flying in one day early. We opted for Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport North. We booked thru valuetrips dot com and received a rate of $109. Then we went to Costco and purchased Hyatt gift certificates for $80 with $100 value. This hotel would meet your needs EXCEPT I see they only offer 2 doubles. This hotel is also within walking distance to several restaurants, convenience store and liquor store. Good luck with whatever you choose and have a wonderful voyage!

You might want to try Summerfield Suites South or Hyatt Place South. Queen/king beds, airport to hotel shuttle, hotel to port shuttle(not free) and complimentary breakfast. Across the street from outdoor mall, restaurants and shops. Hotwire has both. Good luck.

You might want to try Summerfield Suites South or Hyatt Place South. Queen/king beds, airport to hotel shuttle, hotel to port shuttle(not free) and complimentary breakfast. Across the street from outdoor mall, restaurants and shops. Hotwire has both. Good luck.

Please tell me more about Summerfield Suites....what is around as far as dining.

Thanks.

complimentary breakfast

queen size beds

Cruisers also use the Hampton Inns on SW 12th Ave in Fort Lauderdale and the one in Plantation. They both have airport and cruiseport shuttles. The one in Fort Lauderdale mostly has fast food and pizza nearby. The one in Plantation is another 15 minutes further but is close to Duffy's Sports bar/grill, which serves food late. Cruisers are also staying at Sleep Inn in Dania Beach, Hyatt Place North (book through Valuetrips for a deep discount), and Comfort Inn near Stirling Road...I think all have breakfast and free shuttles.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the Riverside Hotel through Priceline and would like to know where we could have dinner at a reasonable place and bkft. for just a bagel. Unfortunately it does not have shuttle service.

Thanks Royal Cruz for your help.