Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

That area is what I was referring to as by the rocks. I read many people go there to watch, north side near where the webcam is located.

I just thought I read and saw pictures from the other side south of the inlet from the state park pier. We thought the state park beach would be a nice place to swim/picnic/and watch the sail away of a couple ships. Now I'm worried that they charge at the state park to get on to the pier where we could see the ships. I know the park charges 6.00 for a car for the day, but the pier???

There is no charge to walk on the pier in John Lloyd Park and when you see the Epic sail through you'll be amazed it even fits through there. You'll be so close, you'll swear you could reach out and touch it.

We will be in Ft. Lauderdale next week for a work meeting and staying at the Marriott in Pompano Beach. We will be renting a car while there, however, we are returning the car on Friday and staying 2 nights at the Riverside Hotel before leaving on a cruise on Sunday. Our car is rented from Firefly (2150 NE 7th Ave. Dania Beach) and I would love to have suggestions on the best way to get from the car rental to the Riverside.

I am thinking a taxi would be our best option, but am wondering at what the cost would be. If anyone is familiar with these locations and has suggestions on the best transportation options, I am eager to hear!

We are so excited to be staying at the Marriott in Pompano as well as the Riverside - heard both are great hotels!

Thank you for any info you can give me!

I have said it is $30 or less from airport to hotel to port (that's 2 taxi rides total). And I was certainly not being pompous...I was just saying that the hotel desk staff was not being helpful to you when they suggested that you take the shuttle instead of calling a taxi for you as you requested. I don't like to see people being taken advantage of.

I agree. We do not like to wait for/ride with all the shuttle people and sometimes taxi is cheaper as it was the case for us last year when we stayed at Hyatt Place who did not want to call us a Taxi because they wanted us to use their more expensive shuttle service. We also departed when we were ready to leave & before their shuttle.;)

We are going to be staying at the Crowne Plaza pre cruise. Is it walkable to Southgate Mall.,,. I really want to go to Ross, what would a cab cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crowne Plaza Ft Lauderdale is walkable to Ross on SE 17th St. It's about a mile.

We will be in Ft. Lauderdale next week for a work meeting and staying at the Marriott in Pompano Beach. We will be renting a car while there, however, we are returning the car on Friday and staying 2 nights at the Riverside Hotel before leaving on a cruise on Sunday. Our car is rented from Firefly (2150 NE 7th Ave. Dania Beach) and I would love to have suggestions on the best way to get from the car rental to the Riverside.

I am thinking a taxi would be our best option, but am wondering at what the cost would be. If anyone is familiar with these locations and has suggestions on the best transportation options, I am eager to hear!

We are so excited to be staying at the Marriott in Pompano as well as the Riverside - heard both are great hotels!

Thank you for any info you can give me!

It will cost about $15 by taxi from Firefly to Riverside; it's 4 miles. If it's rush hour it might cost a little more.

Hello,

We will have an early arrival at FLL (5:15) terminal 4.

Tried to look at FLL webiste to see if there is a restaurant with breakfast open, but not sure there will be.

Anyone know if there are restaurants open at FLL or near the port ?

Thank you

Hello,

We will have an early arrival at FLL (5:15) terminal 4.

Tried to look at FLL webiste to see if there is a restaurant with breakfast open, but not sure there will be.

Anyone know if there are restaurants open at FLL or near the port ?

Thank you

Lesters Diner will be open. It's very close to the port and airport.

Another question, maybe it's a silly one, but need to ask.

Will going to Lester's with luggage be ok ?

Thank you

I'm sure Lesters is used to people coming in with luggage, as people go there to and from the airport, but if you are bringing a lot of luggage it can't hurt to call and check.

We will be in Ft. L in Dec. We are thinking of using the bus to go to maybe Sawgrass mills mall or the Flee market. Would it be hard to do from say 17th st.?

I wouldn't recommend it, as you will have to transfer a few times. If you want to go to those places by bus it would be better to stay at Gallery One Doubletree, on the Sunrise Blvd bus route.

Hi, Recently stayed at the Hyatt 17th Conv. center and used their recommended shuttle service. Hotel was fine; nice location, shopping area just across street w/Publix, other shops and eateries. Their shuttle charges $7pp; will give you a card if you want to use their return service $10pp to FLL.

We just got a taxi for 2 of us it was $17.50; but my son, wife, & son's rate was only $12.50. Not sure why the difference.

We are currently booked at Hyatt Place 17th st for a 1 night pre cruise in May. Got a great price with Valuetrips. Now thinking about switching to Doubletree Gallery One with LMT but I'm wondering how much it will cost for a taxi from the airport to the hotel? It might not end up being any cheaper with having to pay for a taxi but I love the location.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We have a room at Hyatt Place 17th booked thru Valuetrips. How close are we to restaurants and shops? We won't have a car. Also, is this a pretty decent place to stay? One of my fellow travelers is a bit of a snob. Any suggestions?

About going crazy trying to find a decent hotel with decent rates that has a park and cruise deal .... Been rading a lot about not using the hotel shuttles and just taking a taxi instead. Can't really tell which hotels have a secured and monitored parking lot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sleep inn ... Heard it was good, then recently read bad reviews

La Quinta inn ... ?

Quality inn Hollywood ... Have tentative reservations, but now hear its not a good hotel / parking

Hyatt place ... Found a park n cruise for $130 ... How much for a taxi to/ from the port?

Comfort inn (federal & 17th) ... Found a park n cruise for $119... How much for a taxi to/ from the port?

How are these hotels?

Has anyone used park n go ... Can park there for $67 then could possibly find a good deal on a hotel without park n cruise packages.

Help please .... Thank you!!!!

We have a room at Hyatt Place 17th booked thru Valuetrips. How close are we to restaurants and shops? We won't have a car. Also, is this a pretty decent place to stay? One of my fellow travelers is a bit of a snob. Any suggestions?

If its the Hyatt 17th Convention one see my note a few up 4915.

The shopping center across the street is the Harbor Shops. the street you have to cross is a local side street not to busy, but this was a Sunday morning.

barb

We just stayed at Hyatt Place Convention center also and it was great. Our room was a king and had a sectional couch, sink, mini fridge, and large flat screen tv. We were only supposed to have stayed there one night but due to storms our flights got cancelled (it was post cruise) and we ended up staying there two additional nights. They were good about not making us move to a different room and helped with some other issues. We had no car and easily walked to Publix, and Total Wine was right there too...lots of shopping and restaurants handy. Outback and an Italian restaurant were next door. Will probably try to stay there next cruise!

Sent from my KFJWI using Forums mobile app

Sharon (Royal Cruz)

We are staying at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Dania Beach and was wondering how much it would cost by cab to go to the Hyatt Pier 66 on SE 17th Street ?

I would guess about $20 cabfare from Sleep Inn to Pier 66.