deck chair price?

mattR

I do not recall the exact price but I AM VERY SURE it was way less than $500. I believe the price they charge includes shipping and handling. My vague memory says the price is somewhere in the $150 range. (PLEASE NOTE....I AM ONLY GUESSING as I only recall thinking that the price seemed fair to me.)

I recall our week on the Zuiderdam last month with the price being verbally advertised as $450 each... including FREE!! shipping. Hubby just told me he thought it was $400 each. I could not find deck chairs on the HAL website so we may both be totally off. We just remembered joking about the price at the time because it was waaaaay out of our price league. I sent a question on HAL's website just to see, so I'll post the answer when I receive a reply.:) Now one of those super-comfy beds at Bellagio that we slept in last week... THAT would definitely be a great thing to bring back!:)

I'm sorry - to clarify, it wasn't a speaker announcement but something from one of the presentations that was replayed on the in-cabin television. That's the verbal announcement of the price we heard when watching the television (maybe the onboard shopping lady?). We never received a flier advertising it's sale but maybe that's because we were in an inside cabin. :confused:

On the Westerdam 12/12 cruise, the deck chair price was $450, which included free shipping. The info was given at one of the port shopping lectures. This is the teak deck chair with brass fittings with the incised HAL logo across the top rail, like the ones on the lower prom deck. They do not come with the striped ticking pad however. They are attractive and very comfortable.

As another poster said, it was way out of our price range. Would make a nice souvenir for someone who's a real HAL fan and hard to buy for, though. :)

n

You could buy a nice teak outdoor set for the price of two chairs from HAL... I'll bet DH could manage to get the HAL logo on the chairs somehow.

He is always up for new and challenging home improvement projects. ;)

On my first civilian cruise on the Oceanic we rented our deck chair for $.50 a day. There were no logos but they were reserved for us for the week and came with a deck steward who prepared it for you, brought blankets or whatever else you wanted. Worked for me .. and kept away the chair hogs.

They did not announce on the speaker system when we were on Zuiderdam about the deck chairs. There was a slip of paper with info about price, how to order etc left in our Suite.

The port shopping ambassador had one at his talk and I think the price was around $400/$450 ... something in that range ... I can't recall exactly. The only thing I do recall is chuckling ... along with most of the others in the audience. I'm sorry, but it will be a cold day you know where before I spend that kind of money on a deck chair. I'd rather use that money towards another cruise! Then I'll just park my butt in their deck chairs. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

I sent a question on HAL's website just to see, so I'll post the answer when I receive a reply.:)
Below is the reply I received from HAL (with my email address removed) that I previously stated I would post. I received the reply this afternoon. Apparently deck chairs are sold onboard but not online. However, it looks like you might could possibly purchase directly from the vendor if interested since she provided that phone number. Not sure if the price is different.

From a quick search with google, I found this to possibly be their website:

http://www.starboardcruise.com/

----- Original Message -----

From: "HAL Ship Services (HAL)" <HAL_Ship_Services@HollandAmerica.com>

To:

Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 4:26 PM

Subject: RE: Stateroom gifts and packages

Mandy,

They may have been for sail on board, but are not available through our

office. You might try calling the vender we use at 786-845-7300, they

are called Starboard Cruise Services.

Best Regards,

Megan

Ship Services

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2004 10:16 AM

To: HAL Ship Services (HAL)

Subject: Stateroom gifts and packages

Topic: Stateroom gifts and packages

Message: I recall the deck chairs being sold onboard our recent

11/20/04 Zuiderdam cruise costing $450 each (with free shipping). Am I

recalling this price accurately? I could not find the deck chairs on

the HAL website.

Many thanks, and Happy New Year's!

hey nice reply...or maybe repli...did anyone else notice the typos...at least I hope they are typo's. maybe it's just the general way of the world, and venders and sail...or is it vendor (MUCH BETTER) and sale??? tee hee...drives me nuts (NUTZ). School's just ain't what they used two bee. :p

Archived