Fort Lauderdale help

dhjson

We are cruising on the Zuiderdam on March 31,2009. We would like to fly in the evening before to avoid flight problems. Does anyone know of any hotels that are convenient to the airport and pier or a hotel that would offer shuttle service ?

We are cruising on the Zuiderdam on March 31,2009. We would like to fly in the evening before to avoid flight problems. Does anyone know of any hotels that are convenient to the airport and pier or a hotel that would offer shuttle service ?

Hi dhjson,

Hubby and I have flown into the Ft Lauderdale/Hollywood airport many a time and have stayed mainky in the Dania Beach area. It is about 5 minutes from both the airport and port of Everglades.

Here is a really good link to their hotels with reviews etc. We've stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites and I know that many of the cruise ships put passengers there prior to and after cruises.

Most, if not all have shuttles to and from the airport and piers.

http://hotel-guides.us/florida/dania-beach-fl-hotels.html

We always stay at Hyatt Pier 66, near airport, near Port Everglades and we grab a taxi for under $10.00. They do not have a shuttle. Beautiful resort hotel, terrific pool area, wonderful breakfast room.... Nice.

Here is another vote for the Renaissance. We stayed there in March of this year (our 4th stay in 5 years, so you know we like it). They just finished a major updating of the property. Really looks good. The in house restaurant is over priced (aren't they all) and the food is too artsie fartsie for me. They are 2 good restaurants near by, the Bimini Boat Yard (great new seafood menu with and excellent new chief) and Bravo (descent Italian). And there is also a French Bakery near by that is a great stop for breakfast. There is a liquor store and a Walgreens across the road.

You can usually see a few of the ships in port in the morning if you are on a high enough floor. That is the only time my wife likes to get up early, so she can see her ship.

As mentioned, a shuttle to the port is $6 per person and the taxi from the airport is about $20 with tip.

We are staying there again in October. Booked it for $100 a night on price line. Its a 4* in the Downtown zone.

Mike

We haven't yet stayed in Fort Lauderdale (our cruise is in October) so I can't recommend anything from experience, but just wanted to let you know that we decided to stay at the Marriott Renaissance as well.

It has great reviews, is centrally located - and the price was right!!! We got it for $60/night for two nights for our upcoming cruise via Priceline.

Here is another vote for the Renaissance. We stayed there in March of this year (our 4th stay in 5 years, so you know we like it). They just finished a major updating of the property. Really looks good. The in house restaurant is over priced (aren't they all) and the food is too artsie fartsie for me. They are 2 good restaurants near by, the Bimini Boat Yard (great new seafood menu with and excellent new chief) and Bravo (descent Italian). And there is also a French Bakery near by that is a great stop for breakfast. There is a liquor store and a Walgreens across the road.

You can usually see a few of the ships in port in the morning if you are on a high enough floor. That is the only time my wife likes to get up early, so she can see her ship.

As mentioned, a shuttle to the port is $6 per person and the taxi from the airport is about $20 with tip.

We are staying there again in October. Booked it for $100 a night on price line. Its a 4* in the Downtown zone.

Mike

Glad to hear you (& others) liked the Marriott Renaissance. We have booked this hotel for April 2010 - and have never stayed there. We also got a good deal at Priceline ($90). Do they have any modestly priced restaurants nearby? Thanks for the info!

The Red Carpet Inn is the cheapest I've found so far, with shuttle. The place is near a liquor store .....under $60 a night. I HAVE NOT STAYED THERE so if you go and it sucks let me know I won't go in Dec. We like the Comfort Inn in Hollywood, shuttle from Airport and to the cruise port included.

Archived