2 gal. zip lock bags

I use those zippered plastic bags from new sheets & curtains & such ... I can get a LOT into them. I have a million of them that I've saved over the years. They can also be washed as needed.

I also have the larger bags from blankets, etc, but have never figured out a good use for them, other than home storage!!

I use those zippered plastic bags from new sheets & curtains & such ... I can get a LOT into them. I have a million of them that I've saved over the years. They can also be washed as needed.

I also have the larger bags from blankets, etc, but have never figured out a good use for them, other than home storage!!

I use the small heavy plastic zipper bag from pillowcases to place my 3 weekly pill minder containers in. Works so well.

I like the new zippered tote bags from ZIP LOCK better than blanket and sheet plastic bags because they are more flexible and have a mesh along the top that lets clothes breathe and wrinkles less. My DGD keeps all her treasured art supplies in those heavy plastic bags and pushes them under the bed with no risk of spills.

I don't use them as I found that it caused overweight fees because I was able to get more in my luggage. Now I use packing cubes and packing folders (Eagle Creek has some and there are some non-brand name ones) to organize and pack my clothes wrinkle free. It really works out great as I just pull out the cubes and put them in a drawer - saves time on unpacking. I undo the folder and put our shorts on a shelf - all neatly folded and stacked.

I do carry some spare large zip-loc bags to put damp things like a swimsuit for the trip home.

Love using the zip lock type bags for packing. I've been using them for so many years that I wouldn't try it any other way now. Keeps everything neat in the suitcase, and I can just pull out the bags and put them directly in the cabin drawers. On non-cruise trips, it makes it so easy just to pull out one outfit at a time. I've never had clothes wrinkle--I even pack my cocktail gowns this way.

very, very useful! I pack just about everything in them, I roll up my dh bathing suits and a matching tee shirt together, all he has to do is find the bag marked swim and pull out a pre-coordinated outfit for the day, same with sorts & golf shirts. I also use the sheer mesh sweater bags that zip up, they hold a bit more.

Archived