Owner's Suite.... how many will it sleep?

LorrieB

I am wanting some information about the owner's suite. First, how many will it sleep comfortably? Also, is it hard to reserve and is there one on every ship? My husband and I are thinking of this for our 5 year anniversary. What is the square footage as compared to a regular balcony?

Any help is appreciated.

I am wanting some information about the owner's suite. First, how many will it sleep comfortably? Also, is it hard to reserve and is there one on every ship? My husband and I are thinking of this for our 5 year anniversary. What is the square footage as compared to a regular balcony?

Any help is appreciated.

Don't have a lot of answers for you. On sleeping most suites are limited to 3. When we were in the owners suite on the Inspiration (before dry dock), I can't remember if the couch could convert, it certainly is not an issue with space..... Square footage I have not seen quoted, but my guess would be about 2 1/2 times that of a cat 12.

First, all of Carnival's ships do not have owner's suites. Some of the Conquest Class ships have recently added some, and some of the Fantasy Class ships have two Owner's Suites, which have slightly less than 1000 sq ft plus an 80 sq ft balcony.

From another thread.

Owner Suites

Bedding Twins/King

Dbl convertible sofa

2 single sofa beds

Combination whirl pool tub/shower

Double sink

2 – 42” flat screen TV’s

Home entertainment center

Separate bedroom, living room area, and a dry bar area with fridge (Dry bar meaning no sink)

Black out curtains

Cabin Size: 916 sq ft BL Size: 110 sq ft

We also got an attached ' ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM' word doc with this in it:

Guest hereby acknowledges being advised that the Owner's Suite is not generally available to the public. Guest further acknowledges that Carnival has advised and made him/her aware of the location of the cabin. As such, there may be noise from deck activities such as live music, announcements, moving of deck chairs which may be heard from within the cabin.

In consideration of the fore mentioned the Guest hereby releases CARNIVAL from any claims related to the Guest use of the owner’s suites.

The size and how many it sleeps depends on which ship.. I might have missed it in your post but dont see that??

Any ship built before year 2000 can put 5 in a quad if a rollaway is added, so Im guessing the same is true with the owners suite. max 4 on newer ships.

The size and how many it sleeps depends on which ship.. I might have missed it in your post but dont see that??

Any ship built before year 2000 can put 5 in a quad if a rollaway is added, so Im guessing the same is true with the owners suite. max 4 on newer ships.

I might be wrong but I think they are all the same on the Fantasy class (I know they are not in the last two builds). The one on the Liberty (I think they might call it another name) is an add on and I am sure unique. Not sure if it was a "let's try it" thing and I beleive that otehr Conquest class ships have gone into dry dock after and not ahd it added. I agree with what you say regarding passenger capacity. Wonder if TomandCheryl want to comment on the capacity forthe Liberty suite.

True "Owners Suites" are indeed only on Fantasy class ships, and not all of those still have them. Here is the thread from Tom with all the pictures from Inspiration:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=654231&highlight=owners+suites

and Sensation:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=957623&highlight=

The two new suites that they built on Liberty's "forehead" (just above the wheelhouse) using the bridge wings as balconies are called "Deluxe Penthouse Suites". The thread about that (also from Tom) is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=843779&highlight=

True "Owners Suites" are indeed only on Fantasy class ships, and not all of those still have them. Here is the thread from Tom with all the pictures from Inspiration:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=654231&highlight=owners+suites

and Sensation:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=957623&highlight=

The two new suites that they built on Liberty's "forehead" (just above the wheelhouse) using the bridge wings as balconies are called "Deluxe Penthouse Suites". The thread about that (also from Tom) is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=843779&highlight=

Thanks for the info fill in Grady.

True "Owners Suites" are indeed only on Fantasy class ships, and not all of those still have them. Here is the thread from Tom with all the pictures from Inspiration:=

OK, I was thinking something like this and had meet the OP on Conquest, so was trying to make sure which ship they were even talking about.

but how do you get into the owner's suite? I've seen posts once or twice by someone who "received a call" and decided to take out a second mortgage to afford the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity...

but it looks like Tom-n-Cheryl have done it multiple times.

So do people request this suite? Is it used for contest winners and promotions? Is it only offered to people with 25, 50+ Carnival cruises? Who stays in it, and why??? - ok, maybe rather than why I mean "how do they get into it?"

but how do you get into the owner's suite? I've seen posts once or twice by someone who "received a call" and decided to take out a second mortgage to afford the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity...

but it looks like Tom-n-Cheryl have done it multiple times.

So do people request this suite? Is it used for contest winners and promotions? Is it only offered to people with 25, 50+ Carnival cruises? Who stays in it, and why??? - ok, maybe rather than why I mean "how do they get into it?"

An excellent question that seems to have many answers. Mostly it seems you have to get "the hook up" from somebody at Carnival that it authorized to sell them. They are not open to the public for bookings, and it doesn't seem that all the PVPs are allowed to offer them.

I have read reports here on CC where some PVPs have offered them at a certain rate above Cat. 12. While others have been told that they either don't exist, or are not available. I hope Tom sees this thread, if anyone on here is an expert on OS rooms, its him!

My best friend asked me to hook her up with my TA (we've had for 10 years) to help organize an Alaska cruise for her and her 3 sisters (mom had just died, sisters wanted to do something together). We called TA, and asked for very best offer he could provide. He called us back about 30 minutes later. Owner's suite, including airfare for all 4 (to Seattle I believe), final price, $1400 per person (so just under $6000 for the cabin & airfare). He sent picture links, and we literally drooled. She (friend) plunked down $1000 deposit on the spot. She called her sisters all giddy and elated, emailed pics, explained how 'rare' and incredible it was that he hooked them up, Alaska (mom's favorite cruise...in her honor), etc...Sister 1 complained that it was too long of a trip (7 nights)...sister 2 complained that it "sounds like a lot of money"...sister 3 agreed to do it, and thought it sounded GREAT! Within 30 days, the other 2 sisters could not be convinced that this really was a once in a lifetime opportunity (I certainly was never offered the Owner's Suite!). Trip canceled.

Care to guess what they ended up doing, and the cost?

A 7 night driving (in a rental car) trip from Ohio to New England and back. Each night a different hotel (with 2 rooms, because none could accommodate the four together). No special tours, just them driving (how relaxing! :eek:). Final cost $2800 per each for those on the west coast (had to add airfare), $2100 for one sis in Chicago (who drove round trip to Ohio :eek:), and $1800 for sis who lived in Ohio. (add it up close to $10,000!!!!)

Bunch of dingbats if you ask me. Owner's Suite would have been a bargain, and a heck of a lot more fun. If I could have wrangled 3 more willing participants I would snatched that trip right out from under them!

It is all over the place (in terms of how to get the room). Not sure what the correct way to go about it. We have asked multiple times and like a previous posts says, received many different answers...with no results. The one time we did get the room, it was after we were on ship and paged by the pursers desk. They had a problem where a family was put into a room that could not handle the number of people and the room we had could. They upgraded us (free) to the owners penthouse suite (we were told because we were Platinum).

It is all over the place (in terms of how to get the room). Not sure what the correct way to go about it. We have asked multiple times and like a previous posts says, received many different answers...with no results. The one time we did get the room, it was after we were on ship and paged by the pursers desk. They had a problem where a family was put into a room that could not handle the number of people and the room we had could. They upgraded us (free) to the owners penthouse suite (we were told because we were Platinum).

Holy cow! sweet!

So it's kind of like those golfers who get hit by lightening multiple times. Or in a more positive light, the couple who won a million dollars last year, then won 14 million a couple months ago... Just the luck of the draw, most people will never experience is, and no one but Tom-n-Cheryl knows the secret ;)

Holy cow! sweet!

So it's kind of like those golfers who get hit by lightening multiple times. Or in a more positive light, the couple who won a million dollars last year, then won 14 million a couple months ago... Just the luck of the draw, most people will never experience is, and no one but Tom-n-Cheryl knows the secret ;)

Well they (and a few others) do seem to have the inside track.....that's for sure.

I received a call this morning from Carnival offering both owner's suite on the Fantasy to us and our friends. I was shocked to get the offer and also flattered as I know they aren't offered to everyone. I turned the offer down as I can't justify the price that was offered, we would never be in there long enough to enjoy. I checked out a similar suite on youtube and it was amazing. I would love to cruise in one someday but I'm in real estate and finances are a little tighter this year than in past years. I would be happy to get an upsell to a Catagory 12 though! :)

They can accommodate 5 people and can be booked by calling Carnival direct and asking for RESERVATIONS ADMINISTRATION. The rate varies from $400 to $500 per night per person thanks to a new (more expensive) pricing method for them. I started a thread when I learned this: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1024082

I'm not as keen on booking them in the future, though they are fantastic (especially on the Sensation)!

Tom

My best friend asked me to hook her up with my TA (we've had for 10 years) to help organize an Alaska cruise for her and her 3 sisters (mom had just died, sisters wanted to do something together). We called TA, and asked for very best offer he could provide. He called us back about 30 minutes later. Owner's suite, including airfare for all 4 (to Seattle I believe), final price, $1400 per person (so just under $6000 for the cabin & airfare). He sent picture links, and we literally drooled. She (friend) plunked down $1000 deposit on the spot. She called her sisters all giddy and elated, emailed pics, explained how 'rare' and incredible it was that he hooked them up, Alaska (mom's favorite cruise...in her honor), etc...Sister 1 complained that it was too long of a trip (7 nights)...sister 2 complained that it "sounds like a lot of money"...sister 3 agreed to do it, and thought it sounded GREAT! Within 30 days, the other 2 sisters could not be convinced that this really was a once in a lifetime opportunity (I certainly was never offered the Owner's Suite!). Trip canceled.

Care to guess what they ended up doing, and the cost?

A 7 night driving (in a rental car) trip from Ohio to New England and back. Each night a different hotel (with 2 rooms, because none could accommodate the four together). No special tours, just them driving (how relaxing! :eek:). Final cost $2800 per each for those on the west coast (had to add airfare), $2100 for one sis in Chicago (who drove round trip to Ohio :eek:), and $1800 for sis who lived in Ohio. (add it up close to $10,000!!!!)

Bunch of dingbats if you ask me. Owner's Suite would have been a bargain, and a heck of a lot more fun. If I could have wrangled 3 more willing participants I would snatched that trip right out from under them!

Are you sure you are not talking about a Cat. 12 suite. The Spirit class ships do not have Owner's Suites.

• 2 years later...

Just got off the Sensation last weekend, and were in the OS again.

Under the King bed in the bedroom there was a frame and twin mattress which could be pulled out and set up somewhere. Also, the sofa in the living area opens up into a full sized (though not particularly comfortable) bed.

Tom

Listen to this upgrade....I helped a guy at work plan a four day cruise on the Imagination for the end of June. He booked a category 12 suite for he and his wife (first cruise without the toddlers). He comes back and I ask him how the room was and he starts telling me they upgraded them. I was like "upgraded?" ( I had totally forgotten about those two owner's suites.) I could not believe they were upgraded, free, on their first cruise. They loved it of course! You just never know!

Archived