Quest "Must-Do's"

Deckhawk

If Johanthan Fleming happens to be on board doing enrichment lectures on upcoming ports ... do not miss them; he does a fantastic presentation.

Enjoy live music and a pre-dinner drink at Mosaic.

If you enjoy ping-pong, there's a table on the pool deck ... even more fun and challenging when the ship is under way.

Enjoy your time onboard. You will have a great cruise. You can interact with Captain Carl Smith, Staff Captain Jason Ikiades, Cruise Director Sue Denning (she's a hoot), guest entertainer Jim Badger at the piano and all the rest of the wonderful staff onboard.

Wish I was back onboard!!!!!

Have at least one meal in each of the Specialty Restaurants.

Have at least one dinner in the Buffet Restaurant and sit outside and watch the Sun go down.

Excellent Suggestions Ed, I totally agree with both.

I'd also like to add : relaxing on Azamara's heavenly poolside loungers and enjoying the ocean breeze. We loved it.... was total relaxation for me. We also enjoyed spending time at the Cova Cafe, and listening to the Piano player. We had a guest entertainer, Dan Daly onboard Quest, and he was outstanding.

Deckhawk : Have a wonderful time on Quest !

To put it nicely, we had no appreciation of Jim Badger's voice or music.

We much preferred Kenny Stringer who had a playbook from which we could make requests. He has a good voice and was often at the Sunset Bar.

Don't miss Sue Denning's show toward the end of the cruise.

Try out the homemade ice cream.

To put it nicely, we had no appreciation of Jim Badger's voice or music.

We much preferred Kenny Stringer who had a playbook from which we could make requests. He has a good voice and was often at the Sunset Bar.

Don't miss Sue Denning's show toward the end of the cruise.

Try out the homemade ice cream.

Sue has just finished her last cruise Aug. 23 with Quest prior to some vacation time until October after which she is to return. And yes, her show at the end of the cruise was excellent and she really is a sweetheart.

Jim Badger had a full, receptive and appreciative audience every time at the Cova and put on a great Murder Mystery night in the Cabaret.

Enjoy your time onboard. You will have a great cruise. You can interact with Captain Carl Smith, Staff Captain Jason Ikiades, Cruise Director Sue Denning (she's a hoot), guest entertainer Jim Badger at the piano and all the rest of the wonderful staff onboard.

What can of music does Jim Badger play on the piano: classical, jazz, country & western, or easy listening music?

Sue left when I did (August 23) for her vacation and will be gone a couple of months..

Jancruz1

If you enjoy learning about wine, ask for the cellarmaster on the first night and get on her (if Stefania is still onboard) invitation list for the wine pairing dinners at Prime C. It's $60, and worth every penny - the menu is specially created, and you will taste five of the better wines on her list. And she's very good about giving seconds.:)

If you enjoy learning about wine, ask for the cellarmaster on the first night and get on her (if Stefania is still onboard) invitation list for the wine pairing dinners at Prime C. It's $60, and worth every penny - the menu is specially created, and you will taste five of the better wines on her list. And she's very good about giving seconds.:)
Thanks for the heads-up. We've gone to several sommelier dinners on-board HAL ships. They're a ton of fun with great food & great wine. Really looking forward to trying it on Azamara. Does it usually happen on every sailing? Is it offered on both ships? And is it announced in the daily program or by invitation only?

Thanks for the heads-up. We've gone to several sommelier dinners on-board HAL ships. They're a ton of fun with great food & great wine. Really looking forward to trying it on Azamara. Does it usually happen on every sailing? Is it offered on both ships? And is it announced in the daily program or by invitation only?

We didn't hear about the one on Journey. Some people who have had the dinner on both ships said that it was far better on Quest - the wines selected were at the upper end of the wine list, while on Journey they were more middling selections (but priced the same). So I would ask what the wines are going to be before committing $120 (I should have noted that it was $60 per person) to the evening.

You might also inquire of the maitre d' in Prime C - I'm sure they would be happy to accomodate you even if you don't meet up with the cellarmaster.

It is in the daily program in a special box at the bottom telling you when they are..unfortunately, I did not get the chance to go to one whiile I was on the Quest ..I shall remedy that in January on the Journey through the Canal ... I hear they are wonderful..and I am looking forward to going to one!!!

Jancruz1

It is in the daily program in a special box at the bottom telling you when they are..unfortunately, I did not get the chance to go to one whiile I was on the Quest ..I shall remedy that in January on the Journey through the Canal ... I hear they are wonderful..and I am looking forward to going to one!!!

Jancruz1

The head waiter and sommelier were also promoting them to us at dinner in Discoveries on a few of the nights of our Aug 9th Best of Italy cruise. The feedback from those who attended was very positive.

There has been no sommelier dinner this trip. Sue Denning has been replaced by John Howell who as usual is doing a great job. Always make sure you can hear Captain Carls pre departure announcements which are so informative.

If they have a seafood buffet night go to it

Otherwise would echo what everyone else says and we will try and not do too much damage to the ship in the last few days as we sadly have to leave her

A

Archived