Amsterdam - Cruise Port to Airport Transportation Option

We will be on Celebrity Silhouette cruise ending in Amsterdam on Sept 4, 2017. We are family of 4 and will go to airport directly from the cruise port. What are the transportation options (and cost) for us (public transportation or taxi)? I know cruse line probably also offer transfer option and that is probably the most expensive. Anyone knows the cost from the cruise line?

Thanks!

The cruise port is behind centraal rail station. Haven't visited by cruise ship, it doesn't look far on paper but ........:confused: :confused:

There are frequent direct trains from centraal station right into the airport. From very very vague memory, mebbe a 20 minute train ride costing no more than about 10 euros.

JB :)

We were on the Silhouette in 2015 docking in Amsterdam. Taxi worked great. Sorry I do not remember the cost, but I probably would if it were outrageous. Now, our connection in London, that was a different story.

Centraal Station is about a 10-15 minutes walk from the cruise terminal. But you can also take tramnr. 26 (Direction Centraal Station, not IJburg!) for a short ride.

Frequent trains from CS to Schiphol airport. So it is easy to do.

http://www.ns.nl/en

• 3 weeks later...

There are various companies offering cab service. One of them: https://www.tcataxi.nl/en/home.html

or this one: https://www.schiphol.nl/en/page/by-taxi-to-and-from-schiphol/

Also Uber and Tinker are offering their services.

Teacherman if looking for more couples to share your cab, post this question on your rollcall in the other section.

I think we will probably just get a taxi, as long as there are some available. I don't want to drag my mum, and all our bags on a tram and then a train. The problem with the car services is you have to give them a time, and it's difficult to judge what time we will be able to disembark.

It seems that Tinker Transport may have gone out of business. We all have gotten cancellation emails today with no explanation. Also lost the money we had already paid. TripAdvisor has a bunch of terrible reviews for April where their transport just didn't show up. So I wouldn't depend on them right now.

Teanne