Isn't she pretty? (Vista Photo)

Velvetwater

WOW, she looks gorgeous, LOL!! :p Ah well, nothing looks all that pretty when it's under construction but she'll be beautiful when she's finished, trust me. I can't wait to sail on her!!!! :D

I think I see our room!! :D

LOL, maybe you can (depending on where your cabin is)!! :D I know I can't see ours here, we have an aft facing balcony on Deck 6. Doesn't look like they've built it yet (hopefully soon, I'd love to see actual pics rather than artist renderings).

LOL, maybe you can (depending on where your cabin is)!! :D I know I can't see ours here, we have an aft facing balcony on Deck 6. Doesn't look like they've built it yet (hopefully soon, I'd love to see actual pics rather than artist renderings).

We have a cove balcony on the starboard side. It's actually further along than I thought.

My bad....... The large openings where the doors will go lol

Sorry, could not resist. I do not remember the renderings showing anything like a slider. I have bard time looking at the pic and making anything out. I would love to see a time lapse of the build process.

Sorry, could not resist. I do not remember the renderings showing anything like a slider. I have bard time looking at the pic and making anything out. I would love to see a time lapse of the build process.

Micky arison tweeted the same picture and it is larger on twitter. That is where i noticed it.

Do you think more people would prefer the sliders to the way the doors open now ?

Yes..........It would be so cool to see a time lapse of the build process.

We have a cove balcony on the starboard side. It's actually further along than I thought.

Cove balconies are awesome, you'll love it. I've had one twice, once on the Dream and once on the Breeze. I'm not sure which side of the ship this pic is. Kinda hard to tell when I can't see the bow and/or stern to use as a reference point. It better be getting pretty far along, they're scheduled to have her Float Out Ceremony in June!! I love pics like this, she's actually starting to look like a ship. :D

That would be great if Carnival changed the doors to sliders like Princess has :) !

Sliding doors would be AWESOME!!!! :D

Do you think more people would prefer the sliders to the way the doors open now ?

Yes..........It would be so cool to see a time lapse of the build process.

Good question, don't know. My vision of them on a princess ship is how small the balcony is (or at the very least appears to be). Don't really have an opinion other than it might get rid of the slamming balcony doors as people go out on their balcony early when arriving at a port.

Good question, don't know. My vision of them on a princess ship is how small the balcony is (or at the very least appears to be). Don't really have an opinion other than it might get rid of the slamming balcony doors as people go out on their balcony early when arriving at a port.

Yes, the new builds from Princess does have the balconies smaller except balconies under the Sea Walk that is located on the Lido Deck from there on down to Deck #8. However the old builds from Princess had ample space from my perspective, other Princess cruisers may disagree. I think the new builds from Princess is a new design wherein Carnival Vista is based on I think the Breeze, correct me if I am wrong.

The balcony door sliding open instead of opening outward should not take up any more than maybe a few inches plus would get rid of the slamming door that we have experienced. I know a few inches is valuable on a balcony but depends if they would plan to take that space away from the balcony or inside the cabin. Going from the picture showed earlier, it does look like the opening may be wider. Time will tell...............

Edited by islandatsea

Yes, the new builds from Princess does have the balconies smaller except balconies under the Sea Walk that is located on the Lido Deck from there on down to Deck #8. However the old builds from Princess had ample space from my perspective, other Princess cruisers may disagree. I think the new builds from Princess is a new design wherein Carnival Vista is based on I think the Breeze, correct me if I am wrong.

The balcony door sliding open instead of opening outward should not take up any more than maybe a few inches plus would get rid of the slamming door that we have experienced. I know a few inches is valuable on a balcony but depends if they would plan to take that space away from the balcony or inside the cabin. Going from the picture showed earlier, it does look like the opening may be wider. Time will tell...............

All the new staterooms that were added to sunshine has sliding doors. So i wonder if this will include new builds.

It's weird, if you look at the gallery photos for each type of cabin on Carnival's Vista webpage, all of the cabin types seem to have a single door except for the Havana cabins, which have a sliding door. But yet if you watch from around 1m 15s of the 'Carnival Vista Meet Our New Ship' video more of the room types seem to have sliding doors. It could also depend on the deck or category I guess. :confused:

It's weird, if you look at the gallery photos for each type of cabin on Carnival's Vista webpage, all of the cabin types seem to have a single door except for the Havana cabins, which have a sliding door. But yet if you watch from around 1m 15s of the 'Carnival Vista Meet Our New Ship' video more of the room types seem to have sliding doors. It could also depend on the deck or category I guess. :confused:

Yes I see what you are talking about. The still photos show some cabins with the swing open door & others shows maybe a slider. However, during the video, looks like all cabins have the sliders if I looked at it correctly. IMO, I think sliders would be much better than the swing open style. Either way, its all good :) !

more new pics

Awesome, thanks!! :D I love seeing pics (and videos) of Vista. Can't wait to see her in person and sail on her (597 more days until I do both those things)!!!! :D

Edited by Avril

Thanks for posting that video :) . Wonder if Carnival will take some real pictures of the Vista after she is finished being built & post them online before the voyages begin ?

I am sure they will as it gets close to completion. With past ships John heals did you tubes from them during final build cycles.