Isn't she pretty? (Vista Photo)

Velvetwater

Her float out was last Thursday, June 25th. I've been waiting to see photos of her in the water!

We was hoping to see Vista being floated out of dry dock too. Has to be video/pics of that process somewhere unless float out has not happened yet.

Her float out was last Thursday, June 25th. I've been waiting to see photos of her in the water!

I think it was delayed. The ship needing the dry dock where the Vista is had it's parts delayed, so I think they're keeping the Vista in dry dock a little longer. I believe July 3 is when they float her out & move her to the wet dock

Coin Ceremony and Blessing:

From Il Piccolo:

"Launching a different kind of yesterday in the Fincantieri shipyard in Panzano. For the exceptional size of the new flagship of the fleet, the view of the group of Carnival, the largest cruise ship (133,500 gross tons) so far built by Fincantieri for Carnival Cruise. And then for the presence of two godmothers, Heidi and Kye Heald, respectively wife and daughter of John Heald "brand ambassador" of Carnival Corporation. A feast for the launch very traditional and highly successful with a lot of broken bottle on the side of the ship, but that in addition to the context has fully assumed a significance of exceptional even for the fact that in contemporary Fincantieri yesterday celebrated other two different, one in Castellammare for the section of the Princess who will be transported for processing at Monfalcone, the other in Ancona dopve it is celebrated on the second ship to the Viking group.

A script in Monfalcone, which records full of orders and work for future years, he happily repeated and is being repeated often with the director of the shipyard Attilio Dapelo who did the honors by welcoming the "guests-clients" shipowner Carnival. And it was the same Dapelo remember that the yard has already launched 32 ships while Fincantieri from 90 to now has built 70 cruise ships (47 in 2002) while 14 units are under construction or soon to be realized in the factories of the group. A shorthand message, in which the director of the site is focused on the absolute novelty of the features of Carnival Vista, a concentrate of innovation and technology starting from the lay-out and end the on-board equipment and equipment which make the view from a ship unprecedented performance.

133 thousand and 500 tons of gross tonnage, 321 meters in length, 1,967 cabins to which we must add the 785 for the crew: a large vessel that can accommodate more than 6400 people on board including passengers and crew. One interesting addition to technical solutions, the fact that the interior will be characterized by a levatissimo level of comfort by offering a wide range of entertainment on board, including a cinema Imax3D, a beer (with production of beer on board ), restaurants, theaters, shops and health centers. Among the new features of Vista Carnival Havana area, a themed area, narrow and exclusive, consisting of cabins, outdoor bar and a swimming pool where they can access the passengers staying in that area.

A festival began yesterday in Panzano with the coin cerimony, or laying (ancient custom fishing) of a silver dollar at the foot of radar and ended with the blessing by Don Lorenzo Boscarol. After the priest officiated the ceremony wanted to do

a reference, talking about the work, the centrality of man called by Pope Francis in his recent encyclical "A point which helps us to build the future." Finally a word of remembrance to a man, a trade unionist who gave his life for his work, Achille Colautti. (G.G.)"

image-6.jpg

image-5.jpg

image-4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
WOW! I am really getting excited. Feb 2017 is too far away.

You have till Feb,2017, I have till March2017. LOL

We will be cruising during January 2017........... still a long time away but worth the wait :) !

There is a video on youtube. I am assuming it is a shipyard worker. You cant tell much but he videos as he he is walking throught the interior.

Mind sharing the link to it? Looked but couldn't find anything that was recent and covered the inside of the ship.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Some posted these on another site

Do they really have all the bedding on the beds with almost a year to wait? That seems like it would get......dusty. Or do they just do a couple of cabins for photo shoots? Anyone know?

Edited by mrsfuzzmo

• 1 month later...