Isn't she pretty? (Vista Photo)

Velvetwater

I was expecting to see a bit more progress by now, seems like no work has been done to the exterior areas. Hope they are on track, it would suck if she gets delayed.

I think they are focusing on the interior areas now. Things like the pools, waterslides, sports area, etc won't be touched until towards the end, as they could easily be damaged by other construction going on.

• 4 weeks later...

With over 7 months to go she looks like shes doing fine, if they are worried about progress any time from now until May they will get more folk in. They will not want to loose money and gain bad press from a delayed inaugural!

Anyway, here are some videos that I thought had already been posted but havent...they are from mid September. There were good photos too but I cannot find them:

video of JH and LIDO interior:

https://video-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xaf1/v/t43.1792-2/11803117_1036535449722349_430500458_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjE1MDAsInJsYSI6MTAyNCwidmVuY29kZV90YWciOiJoZCJ9&rl=1500&vabr=496&oh=13a4bf359c695f8fdd3094d90a2090b3&oe=562442E7

video with interior in the background:

https://video-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xpa1/v/t43.1792-2/12123578_1056310027744891_1219894111_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjE1MDAsInJsYSI6MjQ4MiwidmVuY29kZV90YWciOiJoZCJ9&rl=1500&vabr=878&oh=0529974453737a104a22e73083834747&oe=5624435B

If you really think about it, 7 months isn't that much time when you're dealing with such a large project. I wish someone would post pictures of the interior progress.

7 months with 2000-3000 people working 24/7 is plenty of time! Relax she will be ready on time!!!

Message From JH when asked about Vista being behind

"where would they get this from.........how can anyone outside of Carnival even begin to think that? Sometimes CC really gets on.......never mind. Anyway, she is on schedule, all is well and any such rumors should be completely ignored. Cheers"

I wouldn't expect any delays, unless significant, to be announced at this stage. I just hope she's ready to go when she first sails and there's no need to do work while customers are enjoying their vacation, think Sunshine.

Message From JH when asked about Vista being behind

"where would they get this from.........how can anyone outside of Carnival even begin to think that? Sometimes CC really gets on.......never mind. Anyway, she is on schedule, all is well and any such rumors should be completely ignored. Cheers"

No wonder he hates CC. If he gets asked about every baseless rumor mentioned on this site it must take up a huge amount of his time.

Why even bother him with this? As already stated by others there are 7 months still and thousands of people working on it...there's no reason to think it's not on schedule.

No wonder he hates CC. If he gets asked about every baseless rumor mentioned on this site it must take up a huge amount of his time.

Why even bother him with this? As already stated by others there are 7 months still and thousands of people working on it...there's no reason to think it's not on schedule.

If you look back I am the one that said there were still 7 months and thousands working. I was trying to calm people down before it got crazy. I talk to John daily and I know his reasons for hating CC and me asking him to give a statement is NOT why. Now next time please mind your own. Thanks

If you look back I am the one that said there were still 7 months and thousands working. I was trying to calm people down before it got crazy. I talk to John daily and I know his reasons for hating CC and me asking him to give a statement is NOT why. Now next time please mind your own. Thanks

My apologies for not 'minding my own'. I am a long time member of CC and see so much positive sharing and helpful tips and comments about Carnival. I find it disheartening that Carnival's Brand Ambassador doesn't see those positives (as you've now confirmed he hates CC). Which is why it bothered me that this latest negative comment was brought to his attention.

Again, my apologies for stepping in where my opinion wasn't wanted, I just hope that you use your connection to also share the positives of this site. And, if there's anything we can do to help JH see those positives, please share that info. I doubt I'm the only one that would like to see his negative perception of CC change.

My apologies for not 'minding my own'. I am a long time member of CC and see so much positive sharing and helpful tips and comments about Carnival. I find it disheartening that Carnival's Brand Ambassador doesn't see those positives (as you've now confirmed he hates CC). Which is why it bothered me that this latest negative comment was brought to his attention.

Again, my apologies for stepping in where my opinion wasn't wanted, I just hope that you use your connection to also share the positives of this site. And, if there's anything we can do to help JH see those positives, please share that info. I doubt I'm the only one that would like to see his negative perception of CC change.

John doesn't hate CC he hates all the rumors that are started here and run wild about Carnival. I realize that I said he hates CC but that isn't the case. I was angrily typing when I said that. As would any Brand Ambassador. John knows there is a lot of useful information here and a lot of people that try to help. I merely asked him for a comment to put this to bed and was being criticized for doing so. I thought I was being helpful by doing so.

Edited by pwsmith88

• 2 weeks later...
Italian article talking about the Carnival Vista Construction. Includes pictures of the cabins being loaded on to the ship.

http://dreamblog.it/2015/11/02/carnival-vista-prosegue-a-monfalcone-la-costruzione-della-nuova-fun-ship-a-maggio-2016-il-debutto/

Thanks for the link, here are some of the photos

CarnivalVista.jpg?o=4&res=7085&cdn=ec&p=y&pid=116819&ph3=1peulv3xydpfe50oo1j113j4scihabef!EXP121392000&d=AsDA7AADbEAAIkI0A4-G7vF&as=mp3

CarnivalVista2.jpg?o=4&res=7086&cdn=ec&p=y&pid=116819&ph3=ufpqmqftil5hzdo4gsu2szyhazsthpk3!EXP121392000&d=AsDA7AADbEAAIkI0A4-G7vF&as=mp3

CarnivalVista3.jpg?o=4&res=7087&cdn=ec&p=y&pid=116819&ph3=4jpxspmfb1bppesjgf15bmhyuspa5miy!EXP121392000&d=AsDA7AADbEAAIkI0A4-G7vF&as=mp3

CarnivalVista6.jpg?o=4&res=7090&cdn=ec&p=y&pid=116819&ph3=vewofrr4cjymcwgb4opu3bg5ncfr4nk1!EXP121392000&d=AsDA7AADbEAAIkI0A4-G7vF&as=mp3

CarnivalVista5.jpg?o=4&res=7089&cdn=ec&p=y&pid=116819&ph3=dszsurva0otede25g05q2xo1rvb5o3p3!EXP121392000&d=AsDA7AADbEAAIkI0A4-G7vF&as=mp3

CarnivalVista6.jpg?o=4&res=7090&cdn=ec&p=y&pid=116819&ph3=vewofrr4cjymcwgb4opu3bg5ncfr4nk1!EXP121392000&d=AsDA7AADbEAAIkI0A4-G7vF&as=mp3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Quite a bit of progress. The SkyRide support beams seem to be going up as well as the ones for the waterpark. The bridge is now fully enclosed, however, the balconies on the upper decks are still missing their glass rail. The lifeboats are new, not sure why those are going in already given that more paint is needed. I don't see her heading out to see until at least end of January at the earliest. Granted, we don't know how old this picture is.