Can't print out boarding pass.

enjoyinglife

We leave on Sunday for Alaska. My documents are completed for our cruise, but we tried to print them out for three days now on 3 different computers. Still cannot. It tries to load then shuts off.

Anyone else having problems? I called Hal and they said have them print it when I get to the pier. I hate not being able to see / read the documents.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are using Internet Explorer or Edge try Chrome or Firefox.

I've been having issues the last 3 weeks or so with Chrome and HAL's site, which is a first for me. HAL tech support said HAL's site was optimized for IE. I still use Chrome for most everything but Chrome is filling URL window but page isn't filling. I can paste it into a new tab and it works, but I've been using IE of late on HAL's site.

HAL tech support said HAL's site was optimized for IE.
Funny, I read on cc not long ago that a HAL tech said it was optimized for Chrome. :D I've always had trouble downloading pdf's from HAL using IE.

Edited by jtl513

My problem is limited to HAL's site. I've been using chrome since it became available as I found it was way faster and I had less problems than with IE. Some sort of gremlin is tormenting me. Yeah, I know...I deserve it. :)

Edited by blizzardboy

One thing just occurred to me on the boarding pass issue. Print windows sometimes kick your pop-up blocker into play. I'd check that situation.

I'll try tomorrow and see if it makes a difference, however, I tried on 3 different computers [emoji78]. I'll also try on chrome.

Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll try tomorrow and see if it makes a difference, however, I tried on 3 different computers [emoji78]. I'll also try on chrome.

Thanks for the advice.

... if Chrome doesn't work, try Firefox which I have used for several years without any problems on the HAL site or any other site ...

Smooth sailing & enjoy your cruise ...

... if Chrome doesn't work, try Firefox which I have used for several years without any problems on the HAL site or any other site ...

Smooth sailing & enjoy your cruise ...

Thanks. We will try it today. I know I'll enjoy it!

If you are really desperate, do a screen shot of the page, crop it to eliminate what's not needed and print that as you would print a photo. That's what friends of ours did when they couldn't print their boarding passes. Other friends had the same trouble, so they gave me access to their account, I printed them off, scanned them and emailed them back. Easy, peasy.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

I get the impression she's not getting to see anything:

I think I have been having a similar problem to yours on HAL's site. Look in the URL window in the top banner - where you'd type a website address. If that has filled after you've clicked to go to a page but the rest of the screen stays blank, copy what's in the URL window and paste it in a new tab or browser window and it should work. That is my current band-aide for my issues on the HAL site. Hope it helps.

bb

I think I have been having a similar problem to yours on HAL's site.
I presume you are directing your post to the OP because I don't have any problem with HAL's site except sluggishness. I use Chrome or sometimes Firefox.

I presume you are directing your post to the OP because I don't have any problem with HAL's site except sluggishness. I use Chrome or sometimes Firefox.

Yes, sorry. It's early and the caffeine is just kicking in. I hope the "thread follower" will park my post on her email.

Hi everyone, we tried Firefox and it still didn't help. We tried from our iPhone and Samsung with no luck.

The problem can be described as clinking on the "print boarding pass" and it attempts to load but never finished.

We printed it out yesterday at staples. That way, we don't have to worry or continue problem solving.

Thanks for all the suggestions. They are much appreciated, especially if we try to sail with HAL again.

Hi everyone, we tried Firefox and it still didn't help. We tried from our iPhone and Samsung with no luck.

The problem can be described as clinking on the "print boarding pass" and it attempts to load but never finished.

Very odd! If I use Firefox to download pdf's (e.g. edocs and bag tags) it is slower than Chrome but it does eventually finish. I don't know what your problem is. :(

Very odd! If I use Firefox to download pdf's (e.g. edocs and bag tags) it is slower than Chrome but it does eventually finish. I don't know what your problem is. :(

And to make it more puzzling, is our luggage tags easily printed out on the first try. When we called the HAL number for trouble shooting, she told us to update Adobe. We tried but still had no luck. I was just glad to finally have them printed when we went to staples. I just don't like putting in personal info in a public computer.

Edited by enjoyinglife

• 1 month later...

Well I still can't print out our boarding Passes or our Friend's Boarding Passes..

I don't even get a screen which indicates Boarding Passes..The last screen I get is "Check in Complete"

I can't even print out luggage tags, but it does want me to purchase HAL special luggage tag holders which I already have..

Will ask my Friend, who is not going with us this time, to try to print up our boarding passes..

Have never had this problem before & it's driving me nuts..:eek:

Edited by serendipity1499

We are sailing in the Caribbean at the end of Oct., and we had much the same problem. Had to call Holland America- they were of little help. Finally rebooted by computer and then did not use my AOL connection, but rather connected to the internet, bypassing AOL using the E sign. Was then able to download by boarding passes.