Breakaway NY Home Port Days Numbered?

Enavigo

I realize that next spring the Breakaway is headed to Europe for some needed dry dock attention and then some fresh European itineraries for the summer/fall 2018 season. I assumed with the winter 2018 trips returning to NY all would continue as usual going forward.

However, I have heard from some folks currently working aboard the Breakaway (3 separate people actually) that, beginning in spring 2019, Breakaway will transition to New Orleans as it's new home port. The information appears to be consistent with the fact that itineraries for the Breakaway are not yet available for post-April 2019 trips.

Has anyone else heard this? If so, can we assume the Escape would pick of the slack? I enjoy the Breakaway and would be sad to see it go, but I'm willing to give a new ship a shot ;)

there is no NY schedules for 2019 yet and those are generally not released until December-janurary

Looking at the current schedules out of New Orleans, It appears that mostly likely Norwegian Gem will home port there since that ship will be doing cruises out of that port from late 2018 to early 2019.

I wont be surprised if NCL keeps both the Breakaway and Escape in NY with the Breakaway picking up the Gem slack of Bahamas/Florida runs and Canada while the Escape does the Bermuda.As of right now, NCL website shows both the Escape and Breakaway in NYC early 2019

there is no NY schedules for 2019 yet and those are generally not released until December-janurary

Looking at the current schedules out of New Orleans, It appears that mostly likely Norwegian Gem will home port there since that ship will be doing cruises out of that port from late 2018 to early 2019.

I wont be surprised if NCL keeps both the Breakaway and Escape in NY with the Breakaway picking up the Gem slack of Bahamas/Florida runs and Canada while the Escape does the Bermuda.As of right now, NCL website shows both the Escape and Breakaway in NYC early 2019

There is a Breakaway schedule through April 2019 out now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree that having both Escape and Breakaway in the NY market would be good from a capacity standpoint, but my contacts say they have been told to take into consideration the new New Orleans home port for 2019 contract renewals. They also seemed surprised when I responded with "really?" They thought this was all public knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I expect Escape will be returning to the Caribbean in late spring 2019 when Bliss returns to Alaska and Getaway goes to Europe for dry dock and Baltics. This would mean Breakaway stays in New York for the time being doing the Bermuda runs. In all likelihood it will be there in 2020 as well since it will be Escape's turn to go to dry dock and no more new ships are scheduled for the U.S. market.

The BA is in NYC for at least 2 more years. the Gem is definitely going to NOLA for 2019. Much as I love cruising from my home port of NYC I love the Gem so we will sail out of NOLA Jan 2019. The Escape will be home port in NYC in its place.

The only thing that may change all of this is the devastation of some islands and not great itineraries for these 2 mega ships to fill up in NYC. The western is hard to do from NY in less than 11 or 12 days.

We are booked on the Escape out of NYC for Dec 2019 for the Southern Caribbeans

Marion

Rotations will continue in order to sucker.....encourage people to try the different ships.

Bliss goes back and forth to opposite ends of the country based on the season.

Escape goes up and down the east coast (NY-Miami)

BA/GA/Epic go wherever NCL wants to put them.

When the conversation gets to more interesting itineraries/islands.....just make sure that Escape or Bliss from Miami is included.