'upgraded' to a suite - how?

Shadow9612

I usually book concierge class and have wanted to try a suite, but it is out of my price range (usually almost double the price at the times I'm able to travel).

The "Go" offers have allowed 2 free perks for CC. I've noticed a lot of comments by suite travellers referring to the additional 2 perks and luminae as a benefit. Even if paying for these additional 2 perks, over CC, there is still quite a price jump.

I wish there was a CONCIERGE PLUS category [emoji6]

I have seen some references to being upgraded to a suite. How/when does this happen? Are they possibly referring to an upgrade within the suite category (eg S2 to S1), or can one be upgraded from a lower category to a suite?

I usually book concierge class and have wanted to try a suite, but it is out of my price range (usually almost double the price at the times I'm able to travel).

The "Go" offers have allowed 2 free perks for CC. I've noticed a lot of comments by suite travellers referring to the additional 2 perks and luminae as a benefit. Even if paying for these additional 2 perks, over CC, there is still quite a price jump.

I wish there was a CONCIERGE PLUS category [emoji6]

I have seen some references to being upgraded to a suite. How/when does this happen? Are they possibly referring to an upgrade within the suite category (eg S2 to S1), or can one be upgraded from a lower category to a suite?

When prices drop, it is possible to pay a bit more and upgrade to a suite. We did this once for $25pp, upgrading from AQ class. I know we will probably never see a deal like this again. The thing to do is watch the pricing on your sailing and if you see a new price for a suite that you would be willing to pay, then go for it and enjoy. The price for the suite must be more than what you paid for your cabin, if it is after final payment date.

We did the same. We booked Aqua Class very close to final payment, and it was expensive. This was 3 years ago and we had no perks but a lot of OBC from our TA. Just after final pmt, the suite guarantee was the same as AQ. We had a HC Aqua Class Room and there was a HC suite showing as available but for more $$ than the guarantee price. I called up and talked my way into that 400 sq ft suite for the same price as my Aqua Class Room. Of course they told me I would have to give up my perks, wel ha ha my perks were from my TA.

The room was huge, the bathroom was half the size of a regular balcony cabin. The belconly was also very long, but since it was an early Baltic Cruise( May) we didn't spend much time out there. Luminae was very nice, but, truth be told, Blu was just as nice, and we also had 2 free specialty dinners, one of which we didn't even use.

I can't imagine this type of upgrade happening again in my lifetime. We were not spoiled, and, as a matter of fact, the cruise following that one we chose an inside, and currently have an OV on the Brittish Isles. Hoping maybe to snag AQ for a reasonable cost after final pmt.

A few years back, we were booked in an AQ stateroom on Reflection, approximately 3-4 weeks before our sail date, I received a call from Celebrity offering an upgrade to what was an Aqua Class Suite at that time, for an up charge (I believe it was $500.00 total).

We upgraded on Millennium in 2015 to a suite and Celebrity called us with the offer of a Skysuite for $800 total for two.

We have upgraded on Celebrity and NCL, each one instance by calling after final payment when prices dropped. We did Aqua.

Yes, we had the option and now I can't go back; for our upcoming cruise, we have a chance for an upgrade on our suite, but I would really be surprised if it happened, as suites are pretty much gone, but we are still booked in our fav...:cool: