Celebrity for 20 year olds ?

harp86

We have always sailed on Carnival and Royal and are thinking of trying the Equinox this summer. It's a Caribbean cruise and I was wondering if my 18 and 20 daughters would like Celebrity. They are afraid they won't have anything much to do. Any thoughts ?

I think you should stick with with royal or carnival. even though my cruise of choice would be celebrity but if I took my 21 and 26 year old daughters I would not do celebrity with them they would hate the night life. But that is my daughters. We did just come off a family cruise on the vista I was not impressed and thought it was a horrible value compared to celebrity. My kids had a great time and any vaca is good in my book

I sailed Celebrity my first time at 16 on the Galaxy. Sailed again at 21 and did it for our Honeymoon at 24. The night life on celebrity is lacking, but we've never been big on nightlife. It's what you make of. There is plenty to do on Celebrity ships, just a bit slower pace.

Depends on the time of the year and I would think summer would have young adults onboard.

My children took their first Celebrity cruise when they were in high school and college. They have taken at least 2 since then and they are now in their 30's. They still love Celebrity over the other cruiselines they have cruised with. They alway find people to hang out with and have fun. Plenty of late nightlife in the Sky lounge.

We took our daughters on a Carnival cruise when their ages were 16, 18 and 24. We had a great time all being together but the girls really did not care for Carnival. We all thought it was too "loud". RCCL was perfect for them

My DH and I love Celebrity ( its our preferred cruise line) but the nightlife and entertainment is a little too quiet for them.

I think RCCL for most ages is perfect.

Sailed with my son for years, and he always enjoyed Celebrity, but he is content to relax and spend time with family. Even so, he liked RCCL much, much better. Honestly, there is not a lot for 20 somethings to do. During summer or school breaks there are more people that age onboard, but not a lot of activities that appeal to that age group. The shows and entertainment are definitely not geared for that age. There are always the pools of course during the day. If it is a port intensive cruise and they like to relax and hang out by the pool and go to bed early, they may enjoy it. If they want activities, music to their liking, shows to their liking, etc., they will be sorely disappointed.

Taking 23 year old Grandson and friend on our cruise in June. He's Diamond on Royal and enjoys the ship but ready to try a new line. The last cruise on Royal he didn't bother with any of the "bells and whistles" as he said the line just wasn't worth it. He's content to spend time lounging by the pool or in the hot tubs and she seems to be the same way. They don't go to clubs when home and I don't see them being disappointed not to have a nightclub atmosphere. They are very mature and laid back.They are both very excited about the upcoming cruise and just being able to relax when on the ship. She's never been to any of the ports so they are planning excursions. I hope they aren't disappointed.