Current LIVE Royal Caribbean Periscopes

I, like seemingly many of us on Cruise Critic, love to live vicariously through members' live Periscope broadcasts from onboard various Royal Caribbean ships.

It seems that there has been a huge rise in popularity the last couple of weeks and I have been miffed to find out that I've been missing some good ones. I was hoping we could get a thread started that we can all keep updated with our findings from around Cruise Critic and on the Internet.

If anyone is interested, I'll be live from the June 5th sailing of Allure of the Seas in less than two weeks. Find me on Periscope at username: M_W_M_K

What do y'all think? Anyone know of any good ones to follow this week?

I, like seemingly many of us on Cruise Critic, love to live vicariously through members' live Periscope broadcasts from onboard various Royal Caribbean ships.

It seems that there has been a huge rise in popularity the last couple of weeks and I have been miffed to find out that I've been missing some good ones. I was hoping we could get a thread started that we can all keep updated with our findings from around Cruise Critic and on the Internet.

If anyone is interested, I'll be live from the June 5th sailing of Allure of the Seas in less than two weeks. Find me on Periscope at username: M_W_M_K

Thanks, I'll be following along. I hope to "scope" from the Harmony transatlantic in October.

I had to turn off the Periscope live notification on my phone. I'm a pet sitter/dog walker, and the whistle drives some of my clients crazy. :)

Thanks, I'll be following along. I hope to "scope" from the Harmony transatlantic in October.

I had to turn off the Periscope live notification on my phone. I'm a pet sitter/dog walker, and the whistle drives some of my clients crazy. :)

You can go into settings and turn the sound off. I have it to silently notify me on the lock screen

We will be sailing on Allure May 29th coming up this week, the week before you.

I've never scoped but I'll give it a try.

Follow us with Twitter name: RussNSuzon

--Russ

--Russ

I'm your first follower!

I've just downloaded the Periscope app and looked up one of the members here who said they were going to upload to it from their current cruise.

How do I view what they have posted already? Surely I don't have to be online at the same time and can only watch it live?

I've just downloaded the Periscope app and looked up one of the members here who said they were going to upload to it from their current cruise.

How do I view what they have posted already? Surely I don't have to be online at the same time and can only watch it live?

If you follow someone their recent periscopes are available on your home page or if you click on their profile.

If you're using an iPhone, you can just turn off the sound on the notification instead of turning off the whole notification. That way you don't miss when someone is live. :)

Great idea! I've been enjoying following several periscope of folks on cruises.

I'd ask the forum monitors at CC consider the broader "scope" [emoji16] of the rising popularity of live feeds in social media (periscope , Facebook, Instagram etc....). Maybe a separate forum even? While I am an RCI & X fan I'd enjoy seeing feeds from other cruise lines, even Carnival [emoji33].

Cheers!

Edited by Tommy3putts

@Robb_Walker

My DD10, Maddie, and I like to scope our vacations, usually from Disney World. We'll be on the Explorer OTS this Friday, May 27 for a 7N cruise up the inside passage of Alaska. If the wi-fi on-board is conducive for scoping, we'll try to do a couple; not making any promises, though. It all depends on the wi-fi service and whether it is worth the cost.

--Russ

Awesome! Just followed.

Keep the ship nice for us. 9 days can't come soon enough.

Bon voyage!

May 26 - emmasummerill - Harmony

May 27 - Rich_Triplett - Radiance

May 27 - Robb_Walker - Explorer

May 29 - RussNSuzon - Allure

June 2 - peeker28 - Anthem

June 5 - M_W_M_K - Allure

June 10 - tggs726 - Enchantment

September 18 - geeocacher - Allure

October 30 - m_swisshelm - Allure

May 26 - emmasummerill - Harmony

May 27 - Rich_Triplett - Radiance

May 27 - Robb_Walker - Explorer

May 29 - RussNSuzon - Allure

June 2 - peeker28 - Anthem

June 5 - M_W_M_K - Allure

June 10 - tggs726 - Enchantment

September 18 - geeocacher - Allure

October 30 - m_swisshelm - Allure

This is great. Thanks for compiling for us lazy people.

You can go into settings and turn the sound off. I have it to silently notify me on the lock screen

Same here...I got tired (literally!) of hearing the notifications on my phone in the middle of the night!:D