Allure of the Seas May 15-22nd review and vlogs!

Hi everyone!

We just got off the much covered Allure Western Caribbean sailing May 15th-22nd. Shoutout to the other ladies covering the cruise too!

My DH and myself did a vlog for our youtube channel of the entire trip and I just posted the first video day 1 onboard. It’s definitely going to be the longest video of the trip as we did a little walkthrough of the ship for those who have never been on her.

I will be posting days 2-7 in the following days, we have a lot of footage and photos to go through which I will try to post on this thread. We also have family visitors over to our home so my editing time is cut short a bit each day, but I will post at least a new video each day of the cruise.

We had a really good experience aboard Allure with some minor hiccups. Our room was very hot throughout the cruise and we weren’t alone as we talked to some other guests who experienced the same thing. For day 3 our section of the ship was without water plumbing/flushing for a few hours, but that was resolved easily.

Dining room was a bit of a disappointment. We were confirmed for a table for 2 (we emailed weeks prior and got a confirmed response) but were sat a table for 6. They tried to move us to 830 but we declined. On the day of our anniversary they switched us to a table for 2 but it was right across from our old table which made the situation a bit uncomfortable but we made the most of it.

For those wondering about the drink package rumour that they were limiting drinks, I can assure you that they certainly were not. DH had 21 drinks in 1 day (…yes 21!!) and he was fine…it was very humid on one sea day, which probably helped.

Any questions? I will be glad to answer them!

Link to Day 1 video, stay tuned to day 2-7 in the coming days:

Subscribe to our channel to get notified of when we post next!

Bob you are so helpful , can you tell me if you. PUrchase the drink package on board how do you pay credit card ? Sea pass ? Cash ?

I want to be the best prepared first timer ever ?

Except for booking another cruise, everything you buy onboard goes on your SeaPass card.

Is it better to order your drink package before you board ?

If you wait till you board , where do you purchase it ?

Did you opt for the ultimate drinks package ?

Unless the 20% sale pops up for your cruise like it just did for us last week.

Is it better to order your drink package before you board ?

If you wait till you board , where do you purchase it ?

Did you opt for the ultimate drinks package ?

We purchased the drink package when we purchased the cruise online. They had just started the new 20% off promotion for our sailing at that time.

We both opted for the premium package (as with our last cruise), and it was perfect. The ultimate doesn't really offer that much more with the exception of freshly squeezed juice and espresso drinks, but you can easily do without those for the added expense.

Just about to start editing day 2 video, will have it up on the channel in the morning or midday tomorrow...! :)

Totally awesome!!! Following along!!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Totally off topic (sorry bluelagoon), but if you ever wanted to cruise with a bunch of Packers fans, we usually go at the end of Feb, beginning of March. Rumor is, our next ship will be Allure!

Totally off topic (sorry bluelagoon), but if you ever wanted to cruise with a bunch of Packers fans, we usually go at the end of Feb, beginning of March. Rumor is, our next ship will be Allure!

Hi packercruising! We are booked on the Allure this Sept!! We usually cruise in January, but I just joined the health insurance industry and cant cruise during winter anymore with open enrollment going on! Bummer!! Us cheese heads need to stick together! Go Pack Go!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

We usually purchase beverage package onboard so we can use some of our OBC. However, the 20% off deal that RC published recently was a deal so we booked then.

Surely we'll find a way to use our OBC credit onboard!

We like to have a vodka in the evening , but are happy with beer wine cocktails coffee rest of the day , what is the best package for us ?

If by "coffee" you mean specialty coffee (espresso, latte, cappucino), then you would need the Ultimate package. Otherwise the Premium package should suffice.

Hi everyone!

We just got off the much covered Allure Western Caribbean sailing May 15th-22nd. Shoutout to the other ladies covering the cruise too!

My DH and myself did a vlog for our youtube channel of the entire trip and I just posted the first video day 1 onboard. It’s definitely going to be the longest video of the trip as we did a little walkthrough of the ship for those who have never been on her.

I will be posting days 2-7 in the following days, we have a lot of footage and photos to go through which I will try to post on this thread. We also have family visitors over to our home so my editing time is cut short a bit each day, but I will post at least a new video each day of the cruise.

We had a really good experience aboard Allure with some minor hiccups. Our room was very hot throughout the cruise and we weren’t alone as we talked to some other guests who experienced the same thing. For day 3 our section of the ship was without water plumbing/flushing for a few hours, but that was resolved easily.

Dining room was a bit of a disappointment. We were confirmed for a table for 2 (we emailed weeks prior and got a confirmed response) but were sat a table for 6. They tried to move us to 830 but we declined. On the day of our anniversary they switched us to a table for 2 but it was right across from our old table which made the situation a bit uncomfortable but we made the most of it.

For those wondering about the drink package rumour that they were limiting drinks, I can assure you that they certainly were not. DH had 21 drinks in 1 day (…yes 21!!) and he was fine…it was very humid on one sea day, which probably helped.

Thank you for posting the video. I really enjoyed the video and I am eagerly awaiting the next.

Paul

Just uploaded day 2 which was a Sea Day, we didn't do much this day just enjoyed the pool deck and participated in the first day of bingo and checked out some stuff on the promenade.

Link to Day 2:

Link to Day 1:

Tomorrow's video is going to feature Labadee, we spent the day at the Columbus Cove beach which I highly recommend! A lot of people warned how beaches were very rocky in Labadee, but Columbus cove is clear and lovely! It was much quieter than the other beaches, it is a walk to get to though and the heat was incredible that day.

The market with the locals was quite an experience. We found just walking in the middle and talking to one another made them bother us less. They are certainly aggressive, but not as aggressive as the locals outside the gates in Falmouth, that was a interesting experience in itself - we had one particular man follow us around and hassle us our entire time as we roamed the streets. More on that in day 4's video I believe.

Be sure to subscribe to the channel to get notified of when we post next - Day 3's video may be either really early or really late tomorrow. I have a 18hr work shift tomorrow...ahh back to reality :(.

Edited by bluelagoon543

Just uploaded day 2 which was a Sea Day, we didn't do much this day just enjoyed the pool deck and participated in the first day of bingo and checked out some stuff on the promenade.

Link to Day 2:

Link to Day 1:

Tomorrow's video is going to feature Labadee, we spent the day at the Columbus Cove beach which I highly recommend! A lot of people warned how beaches were very rocky in Labadee, but Columbus cove is clear and lovely! It was much quieter than the other beaches, it is a walk to get to though and the heat was incredible that day.

The market with the locals was quite an experience. We found just walking in the middle and talking to one another made them bother us less. They are certainly aggressive, but not as aggressive as the locals outside the gates in Falmouth, that was a interesting experience in itself - we had one particular man follow us around and hassle us our entire time as we roamed the streets. More on that in day 4's video I believe.

Be sure to subscribe to the channel to get notified of when we post next - Day 3's video may be either really early or really late tomorrow. I have a 18hr work shift tomorrow...ahh back to reality :(.

I just watched your first video and was curious what cabin you had on deck 7. Our family will be in 7534 and 7536 on Allure in two week.

Thanks for posting the videos!

James

I just watched your first video and was curious what cabin you had on deck 7. Our family will be in 7534 and 7536 on Allure in two week.

Thanks for posting the videos!

James

We had cabin 7136, it was at the front of the ship right before the life boats start so we had a unobstructed view down.Our location was great, it was fairly close to the elevators without being a high traffic area. While it was a connecting stateroom we never heard our neighbours. We only heard noise in the morning from the hallway when room service came with people's breakfasts or the stewards were out cleaning rooms early.

We had cabin 7136, it was at the front of the ship right before the life boats start so we had a unobstructed view down.Our location was great, it was fairly close to the elevators without being a high traffic area. While it was a connecting stateroom we never heard our neighbours. We only heard noise in the morning from the hallway when room service came with people's breakfasts or the stewards were out cleaning rooms early.

Awesome! It looks like we have the same room, and the connecting room, just on the starboard side of the ship.

We've never been this low on an Oasis class ship. All our previous sailing we've been on deck 12.

Your video really helps us know what to expect. It looks like it'll be great!

Thanks again,

James Mills

Subscribed.

Loving the videos thus far. (even watched the pre-cruise one)

Don't fast motion through the walking parts. (screw the short attention span people! :D)

Longer = better (Day 2 a little short)

Otherwise, good stuff.

I have an ongoing thread about cruise vlogs that you can see here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2346557

Subscribed.

Loving the videos thus far. (even watched the pre-cruise one)

Don't fast motion through the walking parts. (screw the short attention span people! :D)

Longer = better (Day 2 a little short)

Otherwise, good stuff.

I have an ongoing thread about cruise vlogs that you can see here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2346557

Thanks for your comments, and feedback. I prefer to keep videos under 10 minutes, otherwise its a lot of fluff. After all who really wants to see endless shots of ocean water, drinking, and hanging by the pool all the time lol.

Day 3 and 4 of the cruise are going to be combined and should be around 7-8min. The Labadee humidity kept fogging up the camera and made a lot of the footage useless. On Day 4 there was far too much wind in Falmouth and made a lot of the footage walking around the port area garbage as the wind killed the audio and made the joby tripod wobbly. And by windy I mean we could barely stand up straight, so you can imagine how a 3 pound camera on a handheld tripod or holding it by hand worked. haha

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the videos so far! :)

Thanks for your comments, and feedback. I prefer to keep videos under 10 minutes, otherwise its a lot of fluff. After all who really wants to see endless shots of ocean water, drinking, and hanging by the pool all the time lol.

Me. LOL

Actually I like to the see the details of things. For example, I can watch 10 cruise videos on a certain shore excursion and then on the 11th one I see one that didn't edit something "boring" out and it makes all the difference. I was trying to figure out how long the walk is on the Lamanai River excursion in Belize but basically every video won't show you the walking part. :)

In my opinion one way to attract viewers is to be different. :)

However, I understand your position too and totally understand it. (and I still like your videos :D )

Day 3 and 4 of the cruise are going to be combined and should be around 7-8min. The Labadee humidity kept fogging up the camera and made a lot of the footage useless. On Day 4 there was far too much wind in Falmouth and made a lot of the footage walking around the port area garbage as the wind killed the audio and made the joby tripod wobbly. And by windy I mean we could barely stand up straight, so you can imagine how a 3 pound camera on a handheld tripod or holding it by hand worked. haha

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the videos so far! :)

Yeah, the wind can be a pain.

Since you use DSLR, maybe one of these for the furture:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1191314-REG/rode_videomic_pro_with_lyre.html/prm/alsVwDtl

Hi everyone,

Just uploaded day 5 which was our 2nd Sea day. We tried the main dining room for breakfast for the 1st time ever, and we had a terrible experience. Breakfast took 1.5hrs in total from start to finish, we had terrible service, but thankfully we had no activities planned that morning. I wouldn’t recommend the main dining room for breakfast. Aside from one of the few places where you can find Eggs Benedict daily, there isn’t anything special about it.

As I commented in the video, the handbag sale onboard isn’t really a deal. The handbags offered are ones you can find at the outlet malls which are a cheaper quality and at the same price. I wouldn’t recommend it, not worth the chaos on the promenade.

Day 5 video:

and of course you can find Days 1-4 on our youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAkEh6zmcpjnVrCU4HBM0gQ

Thanks for following, stay tuned for Day 6 (Cozumel) and 7 (at Sea)!