Vibration question

Cohibaman

We have experienced the vibration issue on the Navigator and heard about it on the Voyager, but have heard nothing about the Mariner. We are on the 15 Nov Mariner sailing out of Miami and was wondering if we should consider an upsell to an aft suite if offered. Is vibration an issue on the Mariner? Thanks in advance for your response.

I'm probably not the right person to ask since I don't mind the vibration on any of Regent's ships...but I think out of the three older ships, Mariner is probably the most vibration-free of the group. Can't compare with Explorer yet, but I don't recall any vibration issues on Mariner at all...

No vibration on the Mariner. However, on deck 7 you can hear a "frequency" - probably from the engines that bothered my DH at low speeds (Seven Seas Aft suite). I doubt if this would be an issue on higher decks.

Edited by Travelcat2

We had to move tables one night in Pac Rim on Explorer. The vibration was incredible. It was close to the kitchen area towards the rear of the restaurant, not sure if any others experienced it but the staff did and they moved us pdq. Don't think it was the first time it had happened tbh.

The whole table was shaking and it was really weird.

We are in an act suite on Voyager in April 2018 - that may well be interesting!

Never noticed any problem, anywhere, on Mariner last year.

Edited by Pies4u

The only time we felt a vibration or shuddering on the Mariner is when it is docking or making a hard turn. I'm a bit surprised that you have felt this on the Mariner. IMO, she is the most stable ship of the Regent fleet (although the Explorer may take this "title" -- the only vibration I've heard about is when she makes sharp turns -- and, she doesn't have pods). Ships are interesting things...... being at sea one would expect different types of movement. There were times on the Explorer that we wished that we could feel some movement because the "ride" was as smooth as silk! The real test of the Explorer may be on the maiden transatlantic voyage next month. Several of us will be posting from that cruise!