Explorer Seven Seas Suite 801

Focused1

Has anyone stayed in Suite 801 on the Explorer? We were just offered an upsell from a PH for an upcoming cruise in December.

A recent CC member review of the Explorer (sadly entitled "Never Again") indicated the couple had stayed in 701, which appears to be much like 801. You might want to read the part of the review at the bottom where comments were made about the suite. Remember that 801 does not have an extra half bath.

How does one see the layouts? I clicked on 701,702,801, and 802 on "Deck Plans" on rssc.com - Got a blank layout!

There does seem to be a website issue with these suites. I go to the layout from this page https://www.rssc.com/ships/seven_seas_explorer/suites/default.aspx#Content . When you click on the suite it will show the photograph but you can click on the "layout" tab.

The website shows 801 as being an "F2" category suite. I believe that it is a SS2. Being in the front of the ship, these suites may have the same type of slanted windows that the aft restaurants have. It does take away some of the space but affords a lovely view. The website does not show a difference between "SS1" and "SS2" but there is a difference. I would not assume that any problem that someone had in in 701 would be a problem in 801.

Edited by Travelcat2

Sadly, that is only a standard, generic layout. SS2 Suites vary, for example some don't have the extra half bath but I believe some do & the configuration is different depending upon location on the ship. Those at the front have a sloping ceiling by all accounts!

It is a very poor website in many ways tbh, but those layouts are still the original, pre launch "impressions" & are not taken from actual suites.

Sadly, that is only a standard, generic layout. SS2 Suites vary, for example some don't have the extra half bath but I believe some do & the configuration is different depending upon location on the ship. Those at the front have a sloping ceiling by all accounts!

It is a very poor website in many ways tbh, but those layouts are still the original, pre launch "impressions" & are not taken from actual suites.

Agreed. And many of the links from the deck plans go to the wrong grade of suite anyway! :rolleyes:

Edited by rarin2go

I wouldn't go by the generic photos. I have been in an aft suite (not ours) that had the slanted windows and the one I was in you couldn't see out. It had a small rectangular living space and slanted window in the bedroom. It wasn't 801, just commenting on the slanted window suites. Our friends were quite disappointed. The several Seven Seas Suites I've visited were very nice though.