use of on board credit

pdw26

I have just booked a med cruise in April and usually book with the saver fare so have not had to think about OBC before. Just a couple of questions if anyone could help.

1/ If I book a trip in advance do I need to pay for this when I book it or does it come out of the OBC? I assume if I book on board it comes out of OBC.

2/ If there is any OBC left at the end of the cruise (might happen if I need to pay for pre-booked trips in advance) does this come off the figure for gratuities or is this just lost?

Thank you

If you book a trip in advance then you have to pay for it when you book. You cannot use your OBC for this although you get your Peninsular discount.

If you book on board, it comes out of your OBC.

Gratuities just get added to your account so your OBC can pay for this. You don't get any Peninsular discount until you have used up your OBC.

Brian

Edited by BrianI

If you book an excursion in advance of the cruise you pay for it on line although you do get your cruise loyalty discount taken off (assuming you are a previous cruiser). If you book on board you can use your OBC but you do run the risk of the excursion being full - especially if it's a popular one.

Any OBC left at the end of the cruise (you have any left!) you lose. Even if you are doing a back to back it cannot be transferred to the next cruise.

Enjoy spending your OBC.

Another question concerning OBC - for our forthcoming cruise, the OBC is listed as equal but separate amounts for myself and my wife.

Does this get linked per cabin, or do we have to use both cards/accounts equally to ensure we use the OBC?

Any OBC left at the end of the cruise (you have any left!) you lose. Even if you are doing a back to back it cannot be transferred to the next cruise.

Enjoy spending your OBC.

We had a huge amount of OBC on our last cruise and didn't spend it all - we tried 😉 so rather than wasting it we transferred what was left to gratuities.

Thanks for the advice regarding back to back cruises; we're doing this in December and wouldn't have known 😮

We had a huge amount of OBC on our last cruise and didn't spend it all - we tried 😉 so rather than wasting it we transferred what was left to gratuities. 😮

Surely gratuities are on the bill automatically so obc would be deducted from everything on the bill including gratuities. Why did you need to transfer?

Surely gratuities are on the bill automatically so obc would be deducted from everything on the bill including gratuities. Why did you need to transfer?

Well they say if you to reception you can plus or reduce grats, so. Maybe if they had £50 left they just said to reception please add this to the auto grats.

Well they say if you to reception you can plus or reduce grats, so. Maybe if they had £50 left they just said to reception please add this to the auto grats.

That's exactly right English lady - we had £18.00 left over so asked them to add it to the autogratuities 😆