Vancouver to Hawaii Weather

Gifted Grace

We are taking our first cruise out of Vancouver to Hawaii on the Solstice September 9th. Will the weather on the sea days be cooler on the first few days similar to sailing out of NY to Caribbean? We are trying to determine packing needs.

This is also our first cruise on Celebrity. Any suggestions for must see/do/eat while on board?

Thanks !

We are taking our first cruise out of Vancouver to Hawaii on the Solstice September 9th. Will the weather on the sea days be cooler on the first few days similar to sailing out of NY to Caribbean? We are trying to determine packing needs.

This is also our first cruise on Celebrity. Any suggestions for must see/do/eat while on board?

Thanks !

I would also like to know the answer to the question.

We've done this trip twice. Plan on bumpy, cold. It gets warmer when you arrive in Hawaii. The Pacific is not the Caribbean

Our weather at the moment is quite hot, Wed forecast is 84. Of course, it will probably be cooler than this on Sept 9. The historical average for Sept 9 is 66. I would pack a light jacket of some sort. Enjoy the cruise. Love sailing to Hawaii.

Thanks !

Welcome to Celebrity. It's our favorite cruise line and we'll also be on the same sailing.

Now about packing: As a local mentioned, it will most likely be cooler on 9/9, but you never know. I'm going to bring a cotton jacket, a fleece vest, and a windbreaker type pullover. If the evenings are cold going across to Hawaii, the above items will be great if going out on the deck! After the cruise we're going to the Big Island, and staying up within Volcano Nat'l Park, where cold nights are the norm. Otherwise I wouldn't bring the fleece vest, but just in case...I'll be I'll be ready. Oh yes, since we're spending the night in Vancouver, I'm also bringing a folding umbrella. Hope this helps. Sharon

We cruised from Vancouver to Hawaii on September 13, 2013. The day we left it was sunny and 24 degrees celsius (75 F). That evening we sailed into a massive pacific storm which gave us wind, rain, and very rocky seas for the first 3 sea days. Temps were around 16 degrees celsius (60 F). We were glad we had packed pants, light sweaters, and windbreakers/raincoats. On day 4 we approached the Tropic of Cancer and the sun and warmth returned. We were on deck in our bathing suits tanning by 10 that morning (which of course resulted in sunburns on our pasty northern-dweller skin!). Hope this helps.

This will be our first cruise as well with Celebrity leaving from Vancouver to Hawaii. We have many cruises under our belt but mostly with RCCI. The Atlantic is now getting very active so I'm hoping the Pacific will stay calm.

We did our trip under St. Lucie West Travel and I know there are 18 couples going. Hopefully we can get to meet some of these travelers.

This will be our first cruise as well with Celebrity leaving from Vancouver to Hawaii. We have many cruises under our belt but mostly with RCCI. The Atlantic is now getting very active so I'm hoping the Pacific will stay calm.

We did our trip under St. Lucie West Travel and I know there are 18 couples going. Hopefully we can get to meet some of these travelers.

Wow, not sure I can get through all those pages before we leave :eek:, is there a post that has the condensed information? Thanks

Find a post toward the end where Stewartmama has posted a link to the spreadsheet which has all the information on it.

Don't waste time reading my posts, ;)