Adult "treats" in QG cabins

Mudhen

I realize that in QG cabins, you're entitled to two bottles of liquor, wine, etc. When one is consumer, it's replaced. What I'd like to know is that if we chose one bottle of liquor and a bottle of champagne, would the champagne be the "nice" one that's in the bucket when we board (that "one" will disappear in a flash).....or would it be the "other" one, the not so wonderful Pol Aker?

I realize that in QG cabins, you're entitled to two bottles of liquor, wine, etc. When one is consumer, it's replaced. What I'd like to know is that if we chose one bottle of liquor and a bottle of champagne, would the champagne be the "nice" one that's in the bucket when we board (that "one" will disappear in a flash).....or would it be the "other" one, the not so wonderful Pol Aker?

I think the choice is spirits or wine - not champagne. I'm looking forward to drinking mine all by myself :)

I dont think Champage is on the list but as proved by the other replies, it is always worth asking for whatever you desire (within reason) and see it your butler delivers. I requested caviar instead of the canapes and got it every night thereafter.

Same with brands with some of the spirits - always worth asking for your preference - after all, you have probably paid a lot of money for the QG privilege!!

On my first QG trip, we ordered as one of our liquor bottles a bottle of Veuve Clicquot instead of a hard liquor and the butler brought a new bottle of it every time we emptied one. No additional charge. Second trip in QG and we tried that again and were not able to receive a refill on it, but we were given a nice Gin as a replacement bottle.

That's very interesting. We have always asked for Courvoisier and received that, but as I don't drink it - but I DO drink champagne - I shall try asking and see what happens in November.

We will too, after reading these posts Gill :D

Has anyone asked for port or sherry instead of spirits as a lot of people don't drink spirits? When do you have to select your choice of two drinks (before or at start of cruise) and is it random and down to the kindness of your butler if you get replacement bottles? Thanks.

I can only report as of last year about this time. There is a form to fill out that was either in your cabin or your butler brings it. We didn't like the choices for gin and vodka and just wrote in what we wanted....Grey Goose and Hendrick's. When we ran out of one, our cabin buddy called the butler and "told" him, we needed more of whatever, and we got it. I think this is a case of being a little pro active and not pleading....be firm!

As far as sherry or port, I don't know (I like the Cunard port!), but I'd just write it in on the card. I would think you'd get it.....

I can only report as of last year about this time. There is a form to fill out that was either in your cabin or your butler brings it. We didn't like the choices for gin and vodka and just wrote in what we wanted....Grey Goose and Hendrick's. When we ran out of one, our cabin buddy called the butler and "told" him, we needed more of whatever, and we got it. I think this is a case of being a little pro active and not pleading....be firm!

As far as sherry or port, I don't know (I like the Cunard port!), but I'd just write it in on the card. I would think you'd get it.....

Many thanks for your helpful reply.

As a fairly regular QG traveller, I can say that it is all down to your relationship with your butler.

I know people who have had to pay for refills, yet we have never had to.

We also always ignore the "suggested" list, and just write what we want (and get it, if they have it).

Not sure how far you can push the boat out (no pun intended).

We always bring half a dozen Widows with us.

Stewart

As a fairly regular QG traveller, I can say that it is all down to your relationship with your butler.

I know people who have had to pay for refills, yet we have never had to.

We also always ignore the "suggested" list, and just write what we want (and get it, if they have it).

Not sure how far you can push the boat out (no pun intended).

We always bring half a dozen Widows with us.

Stewart

As regular QG passengers I didn't realise replenishments were at the discretion of the butler as we have always had any empty bottle replaced with out our asking. There again, we are always on excellent terms with all staff.

As for taking six widows with you, I'll bet they get through their fair share on their own. Replenishments needed on a very regular basis.