discounted carnival gift cards

RNsoon2beNP

There are also other banks that offer Carnival gift cards within their rewards programs. I think Chase and BB&T both offer free gift cards using your points (i.e. 20,000 points will get you free $200 gift certificate)

Many months back, Kroger had a deal that amounted to a 20% discount off Carnival gift cards, plus you earned fuel points. I haven't seen that deal come around again, but I could have just missed it. (do a search for Kroger on cruise critic)

• 2 weeks later...

If I redeem $x in cash back bonus with my discover card, discover will double it but there are stipulations. For example, if I book a 6 night or longer cruise in a balcony room I can redeem $80 and discover will give me $160 as long as I book through their travel agency and it only goes towards the fare after the initial deposit, not onboard credit. I realize I'm making it sound complicated but it's really not. It's a great money saver!

Can the ship gratuities be paid using the Carnival gift cards you purchase say through Verizon or Kroger? Just want to be sure before I spend $100 plus on cards.

Thanks

I prepaid our cruise using almost entirely Verizon and AARP gift cards. That included taxes, fees and gratuities. I also paid for our shore excursions with these cards. And I have about $600 left to use onboard. Oh, and a fun shop purchase of some root beer also. (Need my root beer floats!)

Obviously, this is speculation....but has anyone noticed when (time..day...date) that they release additional inventory? I'm guessing it's in the early hours of the day.

It's fairly random. I've had best luck in early morning hours.

My Verizon Fios reward points do not show any gift cards for Carnival. :( Only Target, Shell, Staples, etc. They only have about 10 cards to choose from. Anyone else not showing it under their Verizon? We only have the home communications, not cell phones with Verizon...maybe it is region specific? We are in Tampa Bay FL

It's possible they are only thru Verizon Wireless, but I'm not sure. They aren't available on there every day, they sell out very quickly, so maybe the day you looked they were sold out. It's not region specific.

The BEST THING to do if you have any questions about gift cards thru AARP or VERIZON is to read, subscribe to, and ask questions in these two threads. You will find everything you want to know there about getting them, rules, how to use them, really anything (esp. If you 'search' within that thread) . . .

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2208976

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2081176

If you subscribe to the threads with instant notification turned on, you will get notified the next time they are available. You do have to go to the thread after each notification though, or you won't get anymore new notifications. These gift cards usually sell out within an hour or two, so must act quickly.

Edited by angela12345