Cruise disappeared from Celebrity website

cruisnuts

I'm booked on Summit sailing April 7,2018. The cruise has disappeared from the website. Wondering if it's been chartered and we haven't been notified that we are cancelled yet.

Your cruise is still showing on a number of TA websites, I wouldn't read anything into the fact that it isn't showing on the X site. We all know how bad the website is.

I'm booked on Summit sailing April 7,2018. The cruise has disappeared from the website. Wondering if it's been chartered and we haven't been notified that we are cancelled yet.

This far in advance, you never can tell. They may indeed be looking into chartering it ... this is the size ship that seems to be chartered more often than the larger ships. Although, they might just be finalizing the plans on the itinerary ... maybe something changed.

I have been in this situation twice ... once, they were changing the sailing but we still sailed on the original date, they just added some additional days and ports to the itinerary. The other time, it was canceled and we ended up loving the itinerary we transferred to. For this one, it does seem like it took them several months to notify us as they aren't going to cancel passengers until they have a signed contract for the charter. The good thing is ... it is really far ahead of time so at least you most likely didn't get any non-refundable airfare of hotels.

I am a planner and also just booked a cruise for April 2018. If we go, great ... if they cancel us, we will choose something else. It is disconcerting for some, though. Patience will be your best bet during the next couple / few months if they are chartering it.

This far in advance, you never can tell. They may indeed be looking into chartering it ... this is the size ship that seems to be chartered more often than the larger ships. Although, they might just be finalizing the plans on the itinerary ... maybe something changed.

I have been in this situation twice ... once, they were changing the sailing but we still sailed on the original date, they just added some additional days and ports to the itinerary. The other time, it was canceled and we ended up loving the itinerary we transferred to. For this one, it does seem like it took them several months to notify us as they aren't going to cancel passengers until they have a signed contract for the charter. The good thing is ... it is really far ahead of time so at least you most likely didn't get any non-refundable airfare of hotels.

I am a planner and also just booked a cruise for April 2018. If we go, great ... if they cancel us, we will choose something else. It is disconcerting for some, though. Patience will be your best bet during the next couple / few months if they are chartering it.

We too are planners and always have future cruises planned each year. I'm definitely not worried I can pick another cruise anytime. We will just wait and see what happens.

We too are planners and always have future cruises planned each year. I'm definitely not worried I can pick another cruise anytime. We will just wait and see what happens.

You know...that's the right attitude to have. We've done well when the cruises we've been on were canceled. Silver lining!!

You know...that's the right attitude to have. We've done well when the cruises we've been on were canceled. Silver lining!!

So, what exactly is the silver lining you mention? We are also booked on this cruise and is part of a back to back. It was a great price on a suite and now when I look to other cruises to possibly replace it with, I am not coming close to what I currently have booked. It is still early, but sometimes the best deals are found early.

I fear the same might happen to me, got a

great deal on Summit for 3/3/18 that I booked while on our last cruise. I was able to get a sky suite, which has already gone up in price. I know if we have to choose something else, we will pay much more.

Edited by jabrown40

So, what exactly is the silver lining you mention? We are also booked on this cruise and is part of a back to back. It was a great price on a suite and now when I look to other cruises to possibly replace it with, I am not coming close to what I currently have booked. It is still early, but sometimes the best deals are found early.

One of our cruises that was canceled was a seven night and replaced by an 11 night and got the same price in the same room with $100 pp obc....silver lining. The other was a 14 night Alaska and was replaced by a 9 night Pacific Coastal. We saved a few thousand dollars and were upgraded to a fabulous room, given $750 in obc and treated to dinner at the captain's table, amongst other special extras ... lots of silver linings for that cruise. I didn't mean everyone will experience a silver lining but we decided to keep a positive attitude when these cruises were canceled and really felt as though we had come out ahead. They were two of the best cruises we've ever been on. We were never booked in a suite so didn't mean to make light of your loss ... but if it is canceled due to a charter, there is really not a lot you can do to change that.

One of our cruises that was canceled was a seven night and replaced by an 11 night and got the same price in the same room with $100 pp obc....silver lining. The other was a 14 night Alaska and was replaced by a 9 night Pacific Coastal. We saved a few thousand dollars and were upgraded to a fabulous room, given $750 in obc and treated to dinner at the captain's table, amongst other special extras ... lots of silver linings for that cruise. I didn't mean everyone will experience a silver lining but we decided to keep a positive attitude when these cruises were canceled and really felt as though we had come out ahead. They were two of the best cruises we've ever been on. We were never booked in a suite so didn't mean to make light of your loss ... but if it is canceled due to a charter, there is really not a lot you can do to change that.

Those are indeed nice "silver linings". Thank you for your response to my inquiry. I do understand that there is nothing we can do if a cruise is chartered or cancelled, it is big business after all. However, I would hope that if they do cancel, that we be given a good amount of notice so that if we need to make alternate plans, there is ample time to do so. Right now when I look at some of the other cruises, the suites are sold out and this was going to be our time to try a suite. We generally do not book suites either. So, thanks again. I will keep my fingers crossed that they will decide not to change it.

Those are indeed nice "silver linings". Thank you for your response to my inquiry. I do understand that there is nothing we can do if a cruise is chartered or cancelled, it is big business after all. However, I would hope that if they do cancel, that we be given a good amount of notice so that if we need to make alternate plans, there is ample time to do so. Right now when I look at some of the other cruises, the suites are sold out and this was going to be our time to try a suite. We generally do not book suites either. So, thanks again. I will keep my fingers crossed that they will decide not to change it.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you as well!! We are trying out a suite for the first time in 2018 on Princess. It is going to be big as I am generally a bargain traveler. It is little more than a mini-suite so just the time to try it out. I hope I don't get too spoiled .... as my DH would say, you cannot go back to 'the cave' (aka - inside cabin) after that.

We booked a suite for a great price too... Hopefully we will be granted the same deal on another cruise if need be. Just wait and see is all we can do can't get any info from Celebrity on it.

• 5 weeks later...

We also were just notified our 24 March and 31 March 2018n Summit Cruises have been cancelled. Celebrity is offering us a $200.00 inconvenience OBC per sailing we rebook. Also our other OBCs and perks will transfer to our new bookings. Better than nothing. The Summit is being chartered. Bummer! Effected dates are 20 January thru 7 April 2018. Going to do a B2B Cruise on the Equinox.

Edited by davekathy