Have I made a grave mistake??

DanaDanes

Just booked a 3 night cruise in January on silhouette to treat my mom and sister. To save $$ booked a regular balcony cabin - 9211.

Has anyone had 3 grown adults in a regular veranda cabin?

Will they give us 3 chairs for the balcony?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just booked a 3 night cruise in January on silhouette to treat my mom and sister. To save $$ booked a regular balcony cabin - 9211.

I don't think there would be room for 3 chairs.

We did three adults in an exterior room on Silhouette. Son is a big boy 6'6" with size 18 shoe. We always spend little time in our rooms. It was tight but we got by. Son and I showered in the gym used public bathrooms whenever possible

It's a hump balcony, I'm hoping against hope

Hump balconies are often larger and you might be able to fit a third chair. I would ask the room steward...and bet money he'll bring you a chair. We asked them to remove the partition between balconies on our last cruise because we were traveling with daughter and SIL...when we came back from dinner the first night....voila....partition was gone.....one balcony for four! :D

If you can get a 3rd chair from your steward it will easily fit on a hump balcony. But as others mention, if it's only a few times you need it just grab the vanity chair from inside. We cruises 17 nights as quad share (1 teen, 1 9yo) and lived to tell the tale. For 3 days you will be fine...bathroom roster will be the biggest issue!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We travelled in a regular balcony cabin and a friend travelled solo a few doors down. The steward moved one of the chairs from her balcony to ours and there was room. It was snug, but possible. This only answers the space question, I don't know if an additional chair would be available.

Sheila

Hi --

In 2001, my sisters & I took Mom on her first & unfortunately only cruise, on the Celebrity Century. Three of us shared one inside cabin. While Mom, another sister & 10 month old baby shared the adjoining/connecting cabin. Although it was tight in our cabin - rollaway in between the 2 single beds, it worked for us. In the end I think it depends on how much togetherness everyone is willing/able to sustain :) I wouldn't trade that cruise for anything - it was very special for all of us!!!

You will be fine! I did the same except it was an inside, handicapped for my Mom (with Alzheimer's), sister and I. (We were afraid of balcony for her.)

Really, for the amount of time you spend in your cabin, don't worry about it; just enjoy! Life and time together is precious, even if you are a teensy bit cramped. Or if you fight over the the thermostat, or...whatever. Truly you will have a great time!!

Take many photos! Post them, please! Regret nothing!