Tsunami

gadabout60

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3214101/Could-parts-Europe-lost-like-Atlantis-Maps-Tsunami-Mediterranean-endanger-130-million-lives.html#comments

I know this is a Daily Mail filler story but it did get me thinking - if there was an incident like this and a cruise ship was caught up in it - what is the chance of getting through it in one peace

Wouldn't be the same if the ship was in port though!! Doesn't bear thinking about. It's the wave. It start picking up at sea, then gets faster and bigger, so a ship would just go up and then down, but if it was near a port, it would be a disaster.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3214101/Could-parts-Europe-lost-like-Atlantis-Maps-Tsunami-Mediterranean-endanger-130-million-lives.html#comments

I know this is a Daily Mail filler story but it did get me thinking - if there was an incident like this and a cruise ship was caught up in it - what is the chance of getting through it in one peace

Just loved your peace/piece RIP gag.

Regards John

I wonder if the ever show 'Poseidon Adventure' or 'Titanic' in the theatre on the cruise ships?

Keith (Southend)

In my opinion The Posidon Adventure, Titanic, Cruel Sea and Das Boot for balance are must sees for prospective cruisers :D

I remember watching one of the Pirates of the Caribbean films in the theatre on Oceana in fairly choppy seas once and it really made you feel you were on one of the old

Michele

My mum worried the whole 21 days we were on our Caribbean cruise that the Pirates would get us. :)

I wonder if the ever show 'Poseidon Adventure' or 'Titanic' in the theatre on the cruise ships?

Keith (Southend)

We watched Titanic years ago on one of the Princess ships (can't remember which one now), they showed it on the outside screen and as I remember it was a windy evening and the sea was quite rough but there were a lot of us out there watching it.