Wine for solo traveler

CruisinNewbie11

I think it's described as two bottles per cabin, isn't it? I've never had anyone manning the x-ray machine at check-in verify that my DH and I are in the same cabin. You could probably let them assume that your roommate was coming along behind you somewhere.

It is specific to each cruise line so knowing that would help provide an accurate answer. But with RCI it is two bottles 750 ml each per stateroom at original port of embarkation. So as a solo traveler you would be able to bring two bottles on board. There also is no corkage fee anywhere on board so you can bring your bottle (or glass if preferred) to any venue on the ship and they will open it and serve it for you. Glasses, opener, and ice will be provided by your stateroom attended upon request.

No other alcohol is permitted to be brought on board at embarkation and any alcohol brought on board at a port of call will be held for you and returned to your stateroom on the final night of the cruise.

I think it's described as two bottles per cabin, isn't it? I've never had anyone manning the x-ray machine at check-in verify that my DH and I are in the same cabin. You could probably let them assume that your roommate was coming along behind you somewhere.

No need to assume anything as long as you are following the cruise guidelines regarding what can be brought on board. Otherwise you would be hoping for that assumption because you are trying to violate them. And in particular around spring break cruising times they can - and do - match up sailing documents with passengers and the bottles they have with them - have experienced this first hand.

No need to assume anything as long as you are following the cruise guidelines regarding what can be brought on board. Otherwise you would be hoping for that assumption because you are trying to violate them. And in particular around spring break cruising times they can - and do - match up sailing documents with passengers and the bottles they have with them - have experienced this first hand.

I've probably been spared this experience because we're retired and look well-behaved, and don't normally cruise in the Caribbean during spring break. :D We've never taken more than the allowed two bottles, on cruise lines with that restriction, but they're usually in one case, and it's crossed my mind that we could probably get away with four. Maybe not!

I am cruising solo Feb. 2018. I am wondering if I am allowed to bring 2 bottle of wine onboard even though it is just me?

CrusinNewbie...Welcome to Cruise Critic. A suggestion in the future also post the cruise line you are cruising with and in some case the name of the ship. That way cruise line specific answers can be provided. Our experience with bringing wine aboard is with RCI, Celebrity and Princess. RCI and Celebrity allow 2 bottles of wine per stateroom. Princess allows 1 bottle of wine per adult.

CrusinNewbie...Welcome to Cruise Critic. A suggestion in the future also post the cruise line you are cruising with and in some case the name of the ship. That way cruise line specific answers can be provided. Our experience with bringing wine aboard is with RCI, Celebrity and Princess. RCI and Celebrity allow 2 bottles of wine per stateroom. Princess allows 1 bottle of wine per adult.

Actually Princess allows an adult to embark with as many 750ml bottles of wine as he/she can carry on. There are numerous posts here on Cruise Critic where passengers have carried on a case of wine for a Princess cruise. There is no charge for the first bottle (per adult). Additional bottles incur a $15 corkage fee which is charged to the passenger's shipboard account. A "free" bottle can be consumed in the passenger's cabin at his/her convenience. If a "free" bottle is taken to one of the dining rooms or restaurants, it is subject to the $15 corkage fee at that time. Bottles for which the $15 fee was charged at embarkation can be taken to any of the dining rooms or restaurants and will not incur any additional fee.

Actually Princess allows an adult to embark with as many 750ml bottles of wine as he/she can carry on. There are numerous posts here on Cruise Critic where passengers have carried on a case of wine for a Princess cruise. There is no charge for the first bottle (per adult). Additional bottles incur a $15 corkage fee which is charged to the passenger's shipboard account. A "free" bottle can be consumed in the passenger's cabin at his/her convenience. If a "free" bottle is taken to one of the dining rooms or restaurants, it is subject to the $15 corkage fee at that time. Bottles for which the $15 fee was charged at embarkation can be taken to any of the dining rooms or restaurants and will not incur any additional fee.

Yea my "assumption" was the OP was asking how many bottles of wine could she/he bring on board without the cruise line (?) confiscating them. I did forget about the policy Princess has about multiple bottles of wine over the one bottle per adult.

I've probably been spared this experience because we're retired and look well-behaved, and don't normally cruise in the Caribbean during spring break. :D We've never taken more than the allowed two bottles, on cruise lines with that restriction, but they're usually in one case, and it's crossed my mind that we could probably get away with four. Maybe not!

Well we're not so far behind you and are well behaved. :) The one time it did occur was on spring break and it was not just us but everyone coming through security. Other times they only checked to be sure it was wine and not something else being brought on board and we probably could have brought more in separate carry on bags if we were so inclined. But wine is not our thing and we barely get through the two we do bring - and usually share that with cruising friends