OCD Planner's Live ALASKA Photo Trip Report 16 day Cruise Tour aboard Radiance

Cindy....

Just starting to do research on a RCI Land/Sea Cruise to Alaska we've booked for July, 2018. Great info!

Thanks!

Frank

Thanks Frank!

You are going to love Alaska! I'm not one to do the same itinerary more than once but I would make an exception for this cruisetour!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have fun planning your trip! Lots of info in this report.

Yes! Thank you for sharing!!! We've been wanting to take this trip for some time, but I've been intimidated. I think I'm ready now...but I'm reading through this entire thread!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks Frank!

You are going to love Alaska! I'm not one to do the same itinerary more than once but I would make an exception for this cruisetour!

Thanks Cindy! We are doing a shorter pre cruise tour (3 days...Fairbanks and Denali) and two things your review has really opened my eyes to is the real need to pre plan and the cost of many of the excursions on a cruise like this. I've read through all your posts here and have checked out your blog, and the information is wonderful. Thanks for doing so much of the leg work...I know I'll be re reading many of the posts!

Thanks again...Frank

Thanks Cindy! We are doing a shorter pre cruise tour (3 days...Fairbanks and Denali) and two things your review has really opened my eyes to is the real need to pre plan and the cost of many of the excursions on a cruise like this. I've read through all your posts here and have checked out your blog, and the information is wonderful. Thanks for doing so much of the leg work...I know I'll be re reading many of the posts!

Thanks again...Frank

Thanks for commenting Frank & getting the post back on the front pages. There is lots of info that is the same year to year that can help people plan.

Happy Sails!

• 2 months later...
Wow....what a great thread! I realize it originated 4 years ago but all of the info (except maybe pricing $[emoji3]) still appears valid. Thank you for the fabulous review and information!

Thank you Skiiergirl! We're headed back to Alaska 1 year from today. Not a cruisetour this time but taking 24 cabins of family & friends with us. Out of those I think only 3 people have been to Alaska before so I'm having fun helping them plan.

Thanks for the review. It was nice to re live the Alaska tour with you.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

Thank you for taking time to read it! I rarely do the same itinerary twice but for Alaska I'm willing to do it! Can't wait to go back.

So glad I found this review. We are doing this cruisetour in August and you have answered many open questions for me about the land portion. Thank you so much I really enjoyed reading about your adventures. Great review, loved it.

So glad I found this review. We are doing this cruisetour in August and you have answered many open questions for me about the land portion. Thank you so much I really enjoyed reading about your adventures. Great review, loved it.

Thanks for take no time to read & post. I know it's several years old but most info is still relevant with pricing being being the main change.

• 3 weeks later...

Am saving this post to start reading tomorrow. And laughing because I booked our cruise last week and also have the binder, complete with labeled dividers, and have already started buying things I'll need, even though it's 425 days away. I also have a word document titled Alaska Notes on my work desktop so that I can quickly jot notes and save websites to go back to later. Looking forward to this review!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 months later...
Thanks for take no time to read & post. I know it's several years old but most info is still relevant with pricing being being the main change.

OMG I can't believe that it has been this long since your Alaska trip. I printed out everything you said and did and was sure that I would have no questions because - where were you now!!!!! I did order the tour saver book and your comment was to book as soon as you got it because of the limit on some tours. I do not have it yet, but I am wondering how can I plan to do something that we want when we have no idea about the land portion of the cruise. We took 6B and want to do some of the excursions you talked about. When will RCI tell us what they are offering for the days we are in Alaska prior to the cruise? We are leaving for the land portion August 27, 2018 flying into Fairbanks. Please let me know what I might do at this time. Final payment is not due until June. If you do not mind please email me at yaskins1@gmail.com. thanks so much.

Kay

OMG I can't believe that it has been this long since your Alaska trip. I printed out everything you said and did and was sure that I would have no questions because - where were you now!!!!! I did order the tour saver book and your comment was to book as soon as you got it because of the limit on some tours. I do not have it yet, but I am wondering how can I plan to do something that we want when we have no idea about the land portion of the cruise. We took 6B and want to do some of the excursions you talked about. When will RCI tell us what they are offering for the days we are in Alaska prior to the cruise? We are leaving for the land portion August 27, 2018 flying into Fairbanks. Please let me know what I might do at this time. Final payment is not due until June. If you do not mind please email me at yaskins1@gmail.com. thanks so much.

Kay

Kay watch your email for my response.