New coffee card cost for Kiwis significantly higher - not impressed!

FunforGin

I would like to know why Princess feels its okay to overcharge for the coffee card if you're down under?:(

I checked in the NZ Princess website (without logging in) to see what the coffee card costs in the 'Beverage & Drink Packages' section. It stated cost of one premium coffee card was AU$36 which, when coverted, is NZ$37.46.

I then logged in, checked the price again and Kiwis are being charged NZ$55.26 for exactly the same product.

Why does Princess feel it's okay to charge NZ$17.80 more per card?

Seriously not impressed......

Don't panic! There is a bug in the software to do with the online pricing of drinks packages, coffee cards etc in our region. Either wait until you board to buy it, or if you do buy it online just go to guest services and they will refund the difference as OBC.

Here's an explanation of what seems to be happening, only in your case they're probably doing an even more complicated conversion to get an NZD price.

Princess has two prices for its packages - the USD price which applies for all overseas cruises and the AUD price. Note: we are the only region that has local pricing for our cruises.

Princess also converts prices to local currency in various places ie UK, Canada and presumably elsewhere, so passengers can book and pay for their cruises in that currency.

The software correctly picks up the AUD price instead of the USD price for our cruises, then the bug happens - it then converts the price (already in AUD) to AUD using the USD-AUD exchange rate.

I wouldn't hold your breath over it being fixed soon - it's been like that for at least 18 months. :mad:

We find the best thing to do if you want to prepay for things like that is to buy enough OBC to cover onboard purchases. If you don't spend it all Princess refunds it to you, usually a few weeks later by cheque,

There's no excuse for overcharging sorry. It should be fixed right away not when you get on the ship.

Tony

Agree Tony, it should be fixed, a waste of everyone's time!

Who wants to stand in line to fix a mistake while on a cruise!

I feel sorry for those that are not aware and pay the higher cost.

Thanks to CC, we can make some cruisers aware of it:D

I should charge Princess for the amount of time I've spent since that bug was introduced explaining the issue to people, and for the time I spent investigating it when we all first noticed it here. If I charged the rates I was getting as a software development contractor they'd probably owe me a free cruise by now, in a suite! :p :D :eek: :')

I should charge Princess for the amount of time I've spent since that bug was introduced explaining the issue to people, and for the time I spent investigating it when we all first noticed it here. If I charged the rates I was getting as a software development contractor they'd probably owe me a free cruise by now, in a suite! :p :D :eek: :')

I was thinking that, you should be paid;p.....or the suite!!!

Who wants to stand in line to fix a mistake while on a cruise!

I feel sorry for those that are not aware and pay the higher cost.

Thanks to CC, we can make some cruisers aware of it:D

I am betting this is probably a good reason not to fix it in the eyes of Princess. So many complaints for a couple of years now and they show no interest, I bring it up every time I speak with my cruise consultant and get told the same thing over and over again "I can't see it ever being fixed".

I am betting this is probably a good reason not to fix it in the eyes of Princess. So many complaints for a couple of years now and they show no interest, I bring it up every time I speak with my cruise consultant and get told the same thing over and over again "I can't see it ever being fixed".

and from some of the many posts here on CC, some Princess booking staff do not know about it, and are adamant that the higher price is correct for Australian/NZ cruisers.

I do not book anything online prior to cruising from Australia on Princess, no advantage, do it onboard and use my OBC:)

Who wants to stand in line to fix a mistake while on a cruise.

:confused: ( I feel sorry for those that are not aware and pay the higher cost.) :confused:

Do think this is the real reason why it's not being fixed ????????

Tony

Do think this is the real reason why it's not being fixed ????????

Tony

Who knows?? Since the AIBP was introduced to Australia there has been this glitch on the site.

I started buying coffee cards before the AIBP was available and don't remember the inflated cost online.

Who knows?? Since the AIBP was introduced to Australia there has been this glitch on the site.

I started buying coffee cards before the AIBP was available and don't remember the inflated cost online.

Were I live one of the super markets if you find a product marked with the wrong priced. They give it to you free of charge :D.

( The Stop & Shop ). This will never happen on the cruise. If it did they would fix it right away.

Tony

Is the same bug there when purchasing shore excursions?

Is the same bug there when purchasing shore excursions?

Nope, they are fine it only applies to on board services like drink packages, photography etc. I guess it is the items that are universal i.e available worldwide not regional such as a shore ex?

It would be interesting to see what someone from the US sees on their personalizer for the AIPB or a coffee card on a cruise in AUS/NZ that has been booked in the US. Would it show the correct amounts in AUD converted to USD or some other bizarre conversion?

It would be interesting to see what someone from the US sees on their personalizer for the AIPB or a coffee card on a cruise in AUS/NZ that has been booked in the US. Would it show the correct amounts in AUD converted to USD or some other bizarre conversion?

I am in the US and have a world cruise segment booked on the sea princess next year that will have AUD pricing on board. I checked the pre-purchase price for the coffee card and it is showing $36 which I assume is AUD ($59 for AIBP). My other booked cruises show $35.65 & $57.45 USD.

I am in the US and have a world cruise segment booked on the sea princess next year that will have AUD pricing on board. I checked the pre-purchase price for the coffee card and it is showing $36 which I assume is AUD ($59 for AIBP). My other booked cruises show $35.65 & $57.45 USD.

Thanks for that, we have a cruise on the Golden in September from Sydney, prices on my personaliser are

AIBP 76.70 AUD

Soda and more $9.04 AUD

Premium Cofee card $46.35 AUD

The AUD prices you quote are the prices we pay onboard, but not what is displayed for us to book online:(

Thanks for that, we have a cruise on the Golden in September from Sydney, prices on my personaliser are

AIBP 76.70 AUD

Soda and more $9.04 AUD

Premium Cofee card $46.35 AUD

The AUD prices you quote are the prices we pay onboard, but not what is displayed for us to book online:(

Though it is interesting that Princess can manage to get it to display correctly on the US site but still is unable to make it work on the AUS/NZ site to charge passengers the correct amount if they prepay? Seriously how hard is it to setup your website purchasing system?

Though it is interesting that Princess can manage to get it to display correctly on the US site but still is unable to make it work on the AUS/NZ site to charge passengers the correct amount if they prepay? Seriously how hard is it to setup your website purchasing system?

Agree, especially as it has been like this for a while, surely the staff at the services desk are over rectifying it all the time!!

I would like to know why Princess feels its okay to overcharge for the coffee card if you're down under?:(

I checked in the NZ Princess website (without logging in) to see what the coffee card costs in the 'Beverage & Drink Packages' section. It stated cost of one premium coffee card was AU$36 which, when coverted, is NZ$37.46.

I then logged in, checked the price again and Kiwis are being charged NZ$55.26 for exactly the same product.

Why does Princess feel it's okay to charge NZ$17.80 more per card?

Seriously not impressed......

Went to buy one for our cruise next April out of Singapore and it shows $49.91 AUD and what is with these 2 soda and more packages seem to have the same things in them.

8dd391e19cd9199539544a4d6ad7c44b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Went to buy one for our cruise next April out of Singapore and it shows $49.91 AUD and what is with these 2 soda and more packages seem to have the same things in them.

8dd391e19cd9199539544a4d6ad7c44b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

OMG, your AIBP is showing over $80AUD there!! Where was it showing $49AUD?

This just goes to show how out of whack the system is haha!!. Just crazy:eek: