Sailing Oasis-small fan for white noise?

I sleep with a fan on for white noise. We have an ocean view balcony. Are the cabins quiet or can you hear a fan from the AC? Wondering if I should bring my small floor fan for the noise.

I always travel with a white noise machine. I just bought one that is designed to be used with infants. What I like about it is that it is very small and very light weight. It fits in the palm of my hand. Easy to pack. It is plugged in to charge it and then you can place it anywhere you want to place it...even on your pillow if you want! It has a round clip that allows you to hang it, too. It runs all night long. I just recharge it every day, but it probably would run at least a couple nights on one charge. I haven't tested how many nights it will run on one charge as I wouldn't want it to stop working.

We used to travel with a white noise machine, but now we use an app. I did notice several people with various size fans on our recent Oasis cruise. I assumed it was to keep cool and not for noise. We're so used to turning on our app I didn't even notice if there was any other noise from the AC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If all you need is the NOISE...then there are "apps" for that! I always bring a small, electric fan, as I need the AIR...not the noise. Hot flashes! A battery operated fan won't last for 7 nights, running full time...and batteries are heavy...so electric, it is!

If all you need is the NOISE...then there are "apps" for that!

My FIL/MIL are used to sleeping with a fan for the white noise. We dropped them off at the port last month and I loaned them a cheap small portable bluetooth speaker I got at Best Buy for $10 to amplify the volume of the app. Just another option.

I carried the same fan as LMaxwell on our Oasis cruise. It was great and we never heard a thing beyond our cabin. Maybe our deck was just quiet, or maybe the fan made all the difference. Either way, I travel with it everywhere.