Just off the freedom.

We've sailed carnival, princess, but mostly carnival. This was our first RCCL sailing. So here it goes, things we liked and things we didn't.

The schooner bar! Wow what a bar staff. Best bar we've been to at sea by far! Staff was super friendly, knew our drinks, went above and beyond our expectations.

The entertainment was good, I doubt we'll remember anything in a few mounts. But it was good. The ice show was very good. Carnival has a dedicated comedy club. RCCL should integrate this into there ships. The mystery dinner was fun. Cheesy but fun.

The food in the main dinning room was good, nothing memorable. The chop grille was exceptional. Well worth the up charge. We couldn't get a meal close to what we had at a land restaurant for the up charge price.

What we didn't like. RCCL should end the formal nights. They post at the door no shorts, flip flops, or sleeveless shirts. However they will let people in dressed in the "band" clothing. One of our fellow cruisers asked why they were being admitted into the main dinning room. The staffs response was that RCCL policy is not to upset the passengers and not to cause a seen. If that is truly the case the RCCL need to just end formal nights and just say cause cloths all nights.

The photo staff is seriously lacking. The photos aren't great. My wife order a cd with all the pictures on it, the place was so disorganized people were everywhere. It was nuts.

So you ask would we sail RCCL again? Why yes we would and are in June. Can't wait!

Thanks for the info, we are also Carnival cruisers (up to this point) and have branched out and will be on the FOS in April.

Curious how other things compared like the embarkation, stateroom, the general flow and how the ship handled crowds?

Can't wait!

Carnival fan here, too. Was on the Freedom in September and loved it. Have booked FOS for next September. Food is not as good as Carnival's, entertainment is wonderful, a higher class of shows than Carnival's.

A link to my review, as well as pics, is below.

Edited by Terre

Hi

We are past Carnival cruisers also. Last year we tried the RCI . We were looking at a change in ports of call and over ship change. We tried the Jewel of the Seas. This was one of our best cruise so far. We have booked the Freedom of the Seas for Feb 2017 8 Day Eastern out of FLL. Looking forward to the cruise. It was our choice between Freedom Seas or Carnival Vista. Happy cruising.

just waiting to cruise

kruise kat:), kruise runner:cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
The food is not as good as on Carnival? Really? Because our food on Carnival's Fantasy was bad. I'd hate to think I've paid more to cruise RC and it won't even be as good as that! ARGH!

We have never had a problem with the food on RCCL, Celebrity or Azamara. Always come back gaining quite a few pounds. :eek:

We are Carnival Cruisers as well that will be sailing the FOS for our first Royal experience in Jan. 2017. Our last Carnival cruise was earlier in Jan. of this year on the Conquest. Dining dress code was not enforced at all had people in cut off shorts, baseball hats, and cool aide man t-shirts that were allowed to be seated in the main dining room. Just looking for a bit of a upgrade in ship for our upcoming Royal cruise on FOS. Thanks for the info about the ship. I think cruise lines in general should do away with formal nights completely since no one enforces the rules.:o

Edited by rjschaack16

We are platinum on Carnival and Princess. Sailed on HAL Celebrity NCL

First time on RCI next fall.

I am sick of Carnival letting half naked people come into the Lido Deck Restaurant, line up and make a show of how fat they are.....now broad their rear ends..

Low class

Trashy.

there. Nothing else much bothers me. I hate being in the salad line, with a big fat rear end, almost all of it revealed........right in front of me. I am short. She was tall. UGH.

Outside of that, I really like Carnival. I really like Princess. I really like to sail and suspect I will really like Freedom of the Seas.

Edited by AmberTeka

Did you take any children with you on Freedom? We go in May :)

We were on Freedom for Thanksgiving and took our 2 kids 3,8 with us. I might be able to answer your question.

I've sailed nearly all the major lines Disney, NCL, HAL, Royal, Princess, MSC, Celebrity and Carnival. It's hard to compare food between the lines. Most of the time I feel there are hit or miss dishes on every cruise. Some have a wider variety but quality not so much difference. Fee restaurants are a different story. It's funny the OP had a really great experience in Chops on Freedom. We had our worst. With the exception of the appetizer, the food quality was comparable to main dining. We did try the Chef's table for the first time. It was incredible! That was good eating!

We were on Freedom for Thanksgiving and took our 2 kids 3,8 with us. I might be able to answer your question.

I've sailed nearly all the major lines Disney, NCL, HAL, Royal, Princess, MSC, Celebrity and Carnival. It's hard to compare food between the lines. Most of the time I feel there are hit or miss dishes on every cruise. Some have a wider variety but quality not so much difference. Fee restaurants are a different story. It's funny the OP had a really great experience in Chops on Freedom. We had our worst. With the exception of the appetizer, the food quality was comparable to main dining. We did try the Chef's table for the first time. It was incredible! That was good eating!

We are just trying to anticipate how entertained the 3 year olds will be :)

We are just trying to anticipate how entertained the 3 year olds will be :)

My 3 year old was thoroughly entertained. She always wanted to go back when we picked her up. We used it every day for at least 1- 3hr session.