Port in San Juan

chester2012

from Cruise Time Tables:

San Juan Cruise Ship Terminals

There are three major pier areas used by cruises from San Juan. Old San Juan piers 1 through 6, the Pan American pier, and Navy Frontier pier. Normally cruise ships visiting San Juan dock at the Old San Juan Piers, so passengers have easy access to Old San Juan. Cruise ships originating from San Juan will dock at the Pan American Pier or Navy Frontier piers, both about a 15 minute cab ride from Old San Juan.

So are you starting your cruise in SJ, or is it a port-of-call?

HTH

SBtS

not sure where they leave from now, but our 2013 Carnival cruise originated in San Juan and we left from the Old San Juan pier...may have changed since then??

I guess I should have qualified my post with "most cruise lines typically" as I cannot say for certain that my information applies to all.

from Cruise Time Tables:

San Juan Cruise Ship Terminals

There are three major pier areas used by cruises from San Juan. Old San Juan piers 1 through 6, the Pan American pier, and Navy Frontier pier. Normally cruise ships visiting San Juan dock at the Old San Juan Piers, so passengers have easy access to Old San Juan. Cruise ships originating from San Juan will dock at the Pan American Pier or Navy Frontier piers, both about a 15 minute cab ride from Old San Juan.

So are you starting your cruise in SJ, or is it a port-of-call?

HTH

SBtS

Unfortunately this is incomplete information. The luxury lines often originate in San Juan and do so from the Old San Juan piers. I have embarked on Sea Dream three different times from Old San Juan piers. Sure makes staying at the Sheraton convenient. The only way to answer the OP's question is to know what line they are sailing.