Has my cruise been chartered?

LiveLifeLoud

I have a cruise booked for 5/15/17 on Holland America Zaandam. This is a land first, then cruise ( boarding the ship on 5/21/17). I went to HAL's website to check for any price reductions and it is showing that the cruise is sold out is there anywhere that I can go to see if it has been chartered?

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

I would be asking this on the HAL board here at CC. However, as long as it is still showing on the HAL website, it has not been chartered. If it is chartered, it will disappear altogether. I just went to the HAL website and it is showing availability in all categories but Neptune Suite. EM

If it is chartered- late for that to happen, but not impossible- you will be given other options, as you won't be able to be on a charter unless you book through the group chartering the cruise. A group booking may have taken a portion of the ship. That is different. You usually won't be given any options then, as it may not affect you at all.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Could just be sold out. My cruise on Princess next October shows most categories sold out on and off. I check regularly for price reductions and availability comes and goes. I'm assuming people book and then change their mind.

As stated before try Googling the name of the ship and date and see if anything comes up.

Thank you very much! My TA said that the land portion is booked, not the cruise itself:). Glad I went ahead and got the Neptune suite.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Yup! Your TA is correct . It is not the cruise that is sold out , it is the Tour .

You booked a Cruise/Tour . Much, much lower capacity than just a cruise.

Popular tours sell out quickly.