Just Booked First MSC Cruise, Dining, Drinking, Yacht Club, Travel Questions

KLB10

Family of 4, Have done NCL Getaway and liked it alot. What lead us to chose MSC was Yacht Club for only $1K over price of NCL Balcony Cabin (Haven would be double Yacht club). Doing Seaside out of Miami spring break 2018

Questions

1 Specialty Dining - The process was very clear on NCL and our regular Balcony cabin included some specialty dining. Is it correct Yacht club does not outside of Yacht Club Restaurant? Option to purchase Specialty dining package not yet available even though cruise is booked, due to new ship, restaurants not finalized? How would pricing and reservations for this work?

2 -Does all YC include Champagne and Wine brought to the room by the bottle? Liquor by the bottle? I dont mind mixing / pouring my own.

3 Menu for Yacht Club restaurant? Feel like I will like Steakhouse and Hibachi Grill type places better. Eggs to order for Breakfast in YC?

4. Random question but does MSC allow you to board at a later port if you miss start of cruise?

thanks for any answers

Family of 4, Have done NCL Getaway and liked it alot. What lead us to chose MSC was Yacht Club for only $1K over price of NCL Balcony Cabin (Haven would be double Yacht club). Doing Seaside out of Miami spring break 2018

Questions

1 Specialty Dining - The process was very clear on NCL and our regular Balcony cabin included some specialty dining. Is it correct Yacht club does not outside of Yacht Club Restaurant?

2 Option to purchase Specialty dining package not yet available even though cruise is booked, due to new ship, restaurants not finalized? How would pricing and reservations for this work?

3 -Does all YC include Champagne and Wine brought to the room by the bottle? Liquor by the bottle? I dont mind mixing / pouring my own.

4 Menu for Yacht Club restaurant? Feel like I will like Steakhouse and Hibachi Grill type places better. Eggs to order for Breakfast in YC?

5. Random question but does MSC allow you to board at a later port if you miss start of cruise?

thanks for any answers

1. Apart from the ship's buffet, dining options are confined to YC - that includes YC dedicated restaurant, snack buffet in the lounge and breakfast and lunch buffet at the YC pool bar as well as room service menu. Speciality restaurants are at extra cost and not included in YC fare.

2. Option to purchase Specialty dining package may not be available yet, but will more than likely be closer to the inaugural. No-one knows, yet, how pricing and reservations for this will work.

3. You will receive a bottle of bubbly in your cabin at embarkation. Other than that, bottles are not supplied to the room. You can order by the glass via room service and the minibar is included, too.

4. There are menus posted on other threads for Divina sailings. Whether similar will apply on Seaside, no-one knows 'til she sails.

5. I don't know, to be frank.

For the ships already operating: how does the specialty dining work? Can you pre-purchase a group of dinners, chose a reservation time each night, how much do they run?

If they wont do a bottle will room service or YC bar give me a pitcher of mimosas for the balcony (that champagne flute wont last long) ?

thanks

They will do pretty much anything for you at the bar in the YC topsail lounge ... I am sure if you asked for extra large glasses of mimosas they will be happy to prepare them, and then you can transfer to champagne glasses as you make your way through it. (You might even think about bringing a Yeti type large container, they are happy to fill those as well and it will keep cool.)

We tend to drink scotch on the rocks and they would make a double so we didn't need to go back and forth all the time from our balcony :)

How do the specialty restaurants work on Divina? Is it like other cruise lines where you pay one price, and can order essentially as many appetizers as you want, as well as sides, and then one entree, and then a couple of desserts?

1 Specialty Dining - Option to purchase Specialty dining package not yet available even though cruise is booked, due to new ship, restaurants not finalized? How would pricing and reservations for this work?

This might be helpful regarding specialty dining on the two new ships. Got this in emails about the Meraviglia which will be similar to Seaside specialty restaurant wise. I'm not sure what is meant by "set menu", but Divina has a similar package which I have also heard can be limited to a "sampler menu". I plan on just going à la carte and order what I want.

TRYPTIC - SPECIALITY DINING PACKAGE $70.50 Per person per stay

3 distinct experiences: EATALY RISTORANTE ITALIANO, KAITO SUSHI BAR and BUTCHER'S CUT STEAKHOUSE Eataly is a Worldwide Italian brand which sources high quality food from small producers, offering tasty, nutritious food from ethically aware suppliers. Kaito is offering exquisite sushi, sashimi and tempura created by expert sushi chefs, with much more to it at the row bar and teppanyaki table. Butchers' Cut is a unique parlour where the guests can choose their favorite beef breeds and cuts from our glass-fronted meat ageing fridges. The package includes food only. A three-course set menu will be offered to guests who have purchased the package. The menu will provide the concept's experience. Day booking to be confirmed on board.

TWO PLUS ONE - SPECIALITY DINING PACKAGE $87.00 per person

3 distinct experiences: EATALY RISTORANTE ITALIANO, BUTCHER'S CUT STEAK HOUSE and CIRQUE DU SOLEIL DINNER WITH SPECTACLE. Eataly is a Worldwide Italian brand which sources high quality food from small producers, offering tasty, nutritious food from ethically aware suppliers. Butchers' Cut is a unique parlour where the guests can choose their favorite beef breeds and cuts from our glass-fronted meat ageing fridges. Cirque du Soleil experience includes table d'hôte menu with eclectic selection of creative dishes that will be served before the breathtaking Cirque du Soleil show. The package includes food only. A three-course set menu will be offered to guests who have purchased the package. The menu will provide the concept's experience. For Cirque du Soleil, a three courses menu will be in offer with a choice of main course only (meat or fish or veggy); the starter and the dessert will be a fix choice. Day booking to be confirmed on board.

e

Do you mind me asking what price you got for YC?

I just booked the 3-17-18 sailing for our family of 4 in 1 fantastica balcony cabin. Cost us 2250 with a few perks thrown in. I was quoted 5400 for a YC balcony, but wasn't ready to spend that much.

Juse got off the Divina and wasn't impressed with Eatery steakhouse. Hopefully the specialty dining will be better on Seaside. Looks like most of your other questions have been answered. We did the Getaway 2 years ago and also enjoyed it allot.

Thanks

e

Do you mind me asking what price you got for YC?

I just booked the 3-17-18 sailing for our family of 4 in 1 fantastica balcony cabin. Cost us 2250 with a few perks thrown in. I was quoted 5400 for a YC balcony, but wasn't ready to spend that much.

Juse got off the Divina and wasn't impressed with Eatery steakhouse. Hopefully the specialty dining will be better on Seaside. Looks like most of your other questions have been answered. We did the Getaway 2 years ago and also enjoyed it allot.

Thanks

We got the same price you mentioned for the YC. $2,250 for balcony family of 4 is amazing.

We didn't think the YC was bad price compared to $4,500 standard balcony on Getaway

One thing is that the restaurant for the YC brings in food from the specialty restaurants that you can order off the YC restaurant menu every evening - what restaurant they bring food from changes daily. Because of this and the fact that the food and service in the YC was AMAZING we never felt the need to go to a specialty restaurant at all. For breakfast, yes you can get eggs to order and so much more - it's really great! Lunch is another great time in the Yacht Club restaurant.

Your butler will bring you anything you want by the glass to your suite. Everything in your mini bar is free and it is restocked up to twice a day. If you have preferences, tell your butler and he will stock those in the mini bar for you. The butlers on MSC literally cannot do enough for you - they are amazing!

DON'T miss the start of your cruise. That would be a HUGE mistake. Yacht Club guests get special treatment at the port of embarkation including VIP check in, champagne and snacks. It's very, very special and you don't want to miss it! It really sets the tone for your vacation.

Certainly would not plan on missing start of cruise. But even flying in day before stuff can happen. Since there is a port the 1st day, and since it has a decent airport (Nassau) I was curious is MSC allow you do board at a port in such a circumstance.

Certainly would not plan on missing start of cruise. But even flying in day before stuff can happen. Since there is a port the 1st day, and since it has a decent airport (Nassau) I was curious is MSC allow you do board at a port in such a circumstance.

last year on a cruise from UK to Genoa 5 students missed the sailing of the ship (we saw them running on to pier s we were leaving) and caught overnight train to embark the ship.

In April last year the trans-Atlantic repo cruise of Orchestra had three embarkation points (Martinique, Guadeloupe, and Barbados) so you could say those boarding in one of the two later ports were joining a cruise at a point 1 or 2 days into the cruise.

I've also disembarked a day early for logistical reasons.

MSC run their cruises like bus routes with embarkation/disembarkation at many of the ports of call, so qrite used to guests joining a various points.

Pete