Pacific Princess hair dryers

Triptkr

In July 2017 we will be sailing on the Pacific Princess. Never having sailed on this ship before I want to be prepared. I've seen past threads about the wall-mounted-hose hair dryers on this ship. I would appreciate an updated answer as to what is in place currently as far as hair dryers go. Are the hair dryers the wall-mounted type hung in the bathroom? Or is it the more typical hair dryer that the newer Princess ships offer...hair dryers out by the bed area? I appreciate your helpful feedback!:cool:

In July 2017 we will be sailing on the Pacific Princess. Never having sailed on this ship before I want to be prepared. I've seen past threads about the wall-mounted-hose hair dryers on this ship. I would appreciate an updated answer as to what is in place currently as far as hair dryers go. Are the hair dryers the wall-mounted type hung in the bathroom? Or is it the more typical hair dryer that the newer Princess ships offer...hair dryers out by the bed area? I appreciate your helpful feedback!:cool:
No change from what you read before.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does it do a decent job?

Barely. My hair is fine so that helps but it starts out not hot enough and gets too hot by the time you make it around your head. Having it in the bathroom is not a plus for me...steam just undoes what I'm trying to do. If I was high maintenance I'd definitely bring a travel dryer to use on the vanity.

Is it just a hose? Not the typical hair dryer?

the top part of the hose has venting on the side like a blow dryer. for me, these work better (they have a lot more power) than the ones on other ships.

It definitely has a more powerful airflow than the sort on other Princess ships, but for me that's a drawback because of the lack of ability to set the amount of air being pushed out to a less strong flow for part of my hair drying/styling process. I hate going around looking like my hair is totally out of control! For that reason, I always manage to fit my travel dryer into my luggage.

The Pacific Princess is scheduled to go into dry dock in the May/June timeframe of this year. FWIW, previous posts on this forum have indicated there will be an extensive update to decor and to the cabins. Maybe, just maybe, you'll get a pleasant surprise and the hair dryers will be replaced for your cruise. Check back in a couple of weeks after the dry dock and hopefully someone will be able to report on the updates. You might also want to check in on one of the post-dry dock Roll Calls and ask ahead of time for a post cruise report on the Princess forum with special attention to your hair dryer concern.

• 2 months later...

My hair is fine but short and thick. I find it takes very little time using the hairdryers on the Pacific to dry mine. I really like having the dryer in the bathroom since we are early risers, and I believe that the passengers next door who may be later risers do not hear as much noise.

Tell me what you want pics of and I will send them. Not sure how fast internet will be, we are elite so will have free minutes. Send me an email to gwenfrazier1 at gmail dot com. Sometimes easier than uploading them to CC!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Quote: "I will be on her Thursday- trying to decide if I will take my dryer - but I promise to let you all know of the updates after dry dock!"

Thursday??? Please don't scare me. We are schedule to get on her this Frida in Fort Lauderdale. Hopefully you just made a typo, otherwise I have a lot of phone calls to make.

Y

Quote: "I will be on her Thursday- trying to decide if I will take my dryer - but I promise to let you all know of the updates after dry dock!"

Thursday??? Please don't scare me. We are schedule to get on her this Frida in Fort Lauderdale. Hopefully you just made a typo, otherwise I have a lot of phone calls to make.

Yes - typo! We will be in Ft Lauderdale on Thursday! Board the ship on Friday!

On the Pacific Princess and they did NOT upgrade the hair dryers! Crappy one mounted on the wall in a TINY bathroom! Bring your own! I will post my observations of other things I have noticed later. Lunch was good in the dining room! Love my loveseat in my cabin! TYYL

On the Pacific Princess and they did NOT upgrade the hair dryers! Crappy one mounted on the wall in a TINY bathroom! Bring your own! I will post my observations of other things I have noticed later. Lunch was good in the dining room! Love my loveseat in my cabin! TYYL

GweninTX - Can't wait to hear more! Bon voyage!

Thanks for that update, Gwen. Is there an area in the bedroom area you can plug in the hair dryer you brought by a mirror so you don't have to do your hair in the (humid) bathroom?

Oh well, at least they didn't switch to the ones that are on the rest of the Princess ships that I have cruised on that are wimpy (at least for my type of hair), as I would not consider them an improvement, so I will just continue finding room in my luggage for my travel dryer.

For Triptkr .... yes there are electrical outlets at the desk area. And a place below where you can stow your personal hairdryer between uses.