Suite perk recommendations and questions

josask

We're sailing in a suite and looking for ways to make the most of it :D

We'll have our 20, 16 & 14 year old kids and I'm sure they will think it's a blast having a butler! Hopefully they don't expect the same service when we get home.

We're in a 2 bedroom family suite and have already thought about having breakfast delivered a few mornings.

20 year old son was hoping there's a fancier coffee machine in the room so he can make himself an espresso, is that an option? I'm an Earl Grey tea drinker so hope they have that.

Any other snacks or items we should ask for? Any other recommendations appreciated.

There is a Nupresso coffee machine in the room. And most ships have transitioned to the Tea Forte pyramids (which sell for $2 per bag at the ship's coffee bar). There are regular coffee, decaf coffee, and espresso pods for the coffee maker. Your butler will have extra of your favorites stocked.

You will have fresh fruit by default. Your butler will bring you a snack every afternoon. You can ask him to bring additional snacks if you have a favorite (we are very old kids and sometimes order a PB&J sandwich with chips for a snack).

We ask to have a bowl of gummy bears and M&Ms kept full. Cookies, chips, etc. are all things that can be brought in every day.

On early port days, we order breakfast in the room. There will be cards with breakfast "check boxes" in the room. Just write whatever you want from the Suites restaurant on the card, and you butler will bring it and serve it on a white tablecloth. Egg white omelets, eggs over easy, filet steak, bacon, ham, sausage, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, breakfast potatoes, hash browns, fresh fruit, breads, juices, and a diet pepsi. We fill out one card each.

On Alaskan cruises, we have our butler bring down a pile of deck blankets. On Caribbean cruises, we have the mini-fridge emptied and have the butler keep a pitcher of ice water and ice tea.

But,,,, don't forget that your butler and concierge are not covered by your daily service charge. You need to tip them separately. If someone asks me, I tell them $10-$15 per person in the room per day for the butler. And $5-$10 pp per day for the concierge and extra tip to your room steward. You have a very large group in the room, so maybe a little less.

2a5fc23e3353c783d123bf040f2b8a57.jpg

5f7a32ce55b2f52b85f0e7762a11899e.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

BLT Sandwiches after a long day of playing are always an awesome treat! Also, we request a plate of Banana cake/bread and Pound cake to be replenished every couple of days... and ditto on the Peanut M&M's and Gummy Bears!! Extra Ice is always something we request. I make iced coffee in the cabin and use it to make drinks for the bar set up we always order!

7b623e1f63aa8e3725d08b4746122e2b.jpg

And they do have Earl Grey in the suites... just let your butler know or call the Haven Concierge desk about a week before you leave and instruct them on what you want in the room....from pillows to food...the last couple of years they've gotten really good about getting all the info to the ship .... and when you get into your room everything you asked for will usually be there

Are those (Lavazza) still on the older ships? I was under the impression they all have been replaced with the Nespresso machines.

For the OP, Nespresso machines don't have a frother.

f2eafa997aefae0ff55d4c631cfc3065.jpg

The espresso machine with milk frother. Your butler can have milk in your fridge and the is a little silver pitcher to froth the milk in. ef0dc3b9bb5b135adfe9e75c381c2212.jpga picture of one of my lattes. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are 100's of threads with similar questions...here's one from today that should be helpful:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2474092

Be sure and let the kids share the master shower....it is awesome!

Happy sailing :-)

We'll have our 20, 16 & 14 year old kids and I'm sure they will think it's a blast having a butler! Hopefully they don't expect the same service when we get home.

We're in a 2 bedroom family suite and have already thought about having breakfast delivered a few mornings.

20 year old son was hoping there's a fancier coffee machine in the room so he can make himself an espresso, is that an option? I'm an Earl Grey tea drinker so hope they have that.

Any other snacks or items we should ask for? Any other recommendations appreciated.

OP, ask your Butler for whatever you would like. If he/she can get it he/she will and if not they will let you know that it is not possible.

So true, we like our Butler to come in and give us a bath at the end of the day and wash our hair.

Nespresso is great. My sister brought her frother. But if you don't have an electric one they sell a small battery operated frother at World Market for $4.

The nespresso machine in our 2bd suite had a frother. See pic above of machine.

That is a Lavazza machine and most ships now have Nespresso machines which do not have frothers supplied (yes, you can bring your own attachment).

The nespresso machine in our 2bd suite had a frother. See pic above of machine.

Butler treats are our second favorite suite perk. (Suite dining privileges for lunch and breakfast is our favorite). Each afternoon, our butler would surprise us with treats: canapes, chocolate covered strawberries, etc. Anything we seemed to eat particularly fast would show up again on the next day. On our last day, our butler was bringing a bowl of fruit, two plates of sandwiches, a plate of cookies and a plate of choc covered strawberries.

We also asked for a pitcher of orange juice so we could make Mimosa's with our sparkling wine.

Enjoy your suite!

We gave our butler a roundtrip airline ticket to our house and asked him to spend the week cleaning it. We assured him that we could take care of ourselves onboard. He didn't do a very good job cleaning as it looked the same as when we left...:D

Remember your butler is also butler to quite a few other suites. He may not be available every time you want something. Also the more you have them do, the more you should tip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums