Epic bathrooms?

splinkaone

Whats with the cabin bathrooms on Epic? Opinions?

There are no bathroom in standard Epic rooms. A toilet in a translucent tube. And a shower in a translucent tube. Sink is next to the bed. We've sailed on the Epic 6 times and think that the ship is wonderful.

There are no bathroom in standard Epic rooms. We've sailed on the Epic 6 times and have no problem with the ship.

Absolutely correct! There's a water closet and a shower room. But, that's it. The sink is in the bedroom. If you need to wash your hands, every one the bedroom needs to know, because you'll have to turn the lights on in the room to see it. There's a good reason only one ship was built with that design. Best of luck. BTW. I hope your not taller than 5.6. Anyone taller than that can plan their feet hanging off the end of the bed. Since the balcony rooms wave, they had to round off the end of the bed, so it would fit nicely with the design. both peoples feet have hang off.

We didn't like it. There is a curtain to divide the bedroom from bath area. The cabin's main door opens to the bath area. Which can be difficult if you're changing/toweling off and someone wants to come in room from ship corridor.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 1

Thanks, we're booked for next February, may still change ships. The bathroom is not a deal breaker for us as long as everything else on the ship is a win. Just wish we could have the balcony divider open with the cabin next to us, like we did on RCI.

Whats with the cabin bathrooms on Epic? Opinions?

Epic Fail! the bathrooms and much of the ship design is an EPIC FAIL! The designer should have been (maybe was) fired. There is a reason this ship is a one off.

• Like 1

Thanks, we're booked for next February, may still change ships. The bathroom is not a deal breaker for us as long as everything else on the ship is a win. Just wish we could have the balcony divider open with the cabin next to us, like we did on RCI.

By policy, the balcony dividers are suppose to remain closed. If you talk with your room steward nicely, they will usually open them for you.

My husband and I sailed on NCL for the first time earlier this month. Loved everything about the Epic except the room....especially the bathroom!:eek: I'm a privacy person when it comes to the bathroom, so I closed the curtain. Now just think. You use the restroom, slide open the frosted glass door, grab the curtain, and THEN wash your hands. EWWWW!

My husband and I sailed on NCL for the first time earlier this month. Loved everything about the Epic except the room....especially the bathroom!:eek: I'm a privacy person when it comes to the bathroom, so I closed the curtain. Now just think. You use the restroom, slide open the frosted glass door, grab the curtain, and THEN wash your hands. EWWWW!

If you get something normal like room service in the morning. Unless you're all fully dressed there's no place to go to hide when it arrives.. DW likes to go in the bathroom while they're in the room, if she's not ready.

If you get something normal like room service in the morning. Unless you're all fully dressed there's no place to go to hide when it arrives.. DW likes to go in the bathroom while they're in the room, if she's not ready.

Yes, exactly!

We have no issues with the toilet part. We use one hand to grab everything and the other to wipe. ;)

Now, getting in and out of the bathtub of an H4 Aft Balcony room turned into our own Cirque De Soleil show! We thought we were going to break something.

Our first "big ship" experience was aboard EPIC and we enjoyed the experience. Frankly, we enjoyed the ship better than our recent experience on GETAWAY. Sure the separate bathroom/shower areas were odd but with just two of us in the cabin it wasn't bad. Anyway, here are a bunch of pictures we took on the cruise. You'll find notes on some of them and even a couple videos. Enjoy....

NCL Epic Cruise

It actually worked for us. Someone could use the toilet while someone else was showering and a 3rd could brush their teeth. You can see a shadow but can't see through. We would just coordinate getting in and out and we pulled the curtain and it was fine. I loved the ship and would sail on her again.

My husband and I both hated the "bathroom" design on the Epic, although it didn't stop us from booking and taking another cruise on it when the price/timing/itinerary were right. In addition to the other things mentioned (only barely-frosted glass as a visual barrier if one is using the facilities and the other opens the door to the corridor for some reason), considering how little counter space there is to begin with, putting a shallow sink and faucet near where someone is likely to (or would like to be able to) put their laptop or other electronic device is just really poor design and planning.

Although it wasn't asked, we found the closet to also be poorly designed on the Epic cabins. While I understand the curve at the end make it seem a little more spacious in getting around the end of the bed, it wasted a lot of space inside the closet shelf area.

We recently sailed on the NCL Jade, and smaller and older ship and liked the room MUCH better!

We had a family balcony on the Epic. I'll start with the bathroom design. The toilet is right next to the head of the bed. The door is a sliding frosted glass partition - neither silent nor soundproof. Opening or closing the door sounded like a tiny train thanks to the ball bearings in the top rail. This is right next to the cabin door. No hiding from crew or staff on the pot. Be loud if there is a knock on the door.

Then there is the shower side. All your clothes and towel are on the hooks outside the shower. Yes, there is a curtain to separate from the main cabin, but there is also the front door inside the enclosed area with you. Did I mention this is a family cabin for 4? My college-aged kids were originally going to go with us, I'm so glad they decided not to!

We are not tall people, the rounded beds are short! My 5'7" DH barely fit the length of the bed.

For future cabin designs, I think the NCL CEO should be required to live in a cabin mock-up with the max number of occupants for a week.

Edited by diathoney
Add more detail, Remove weird characters