Epic bathrooms?

splinkaone

No problems here with the separate bath/toilet and sink on the outside...It was nice not to have to wait to be able to get ready. Also, very nice to have the sink so close to bed. It can be hard to remember that step up into the bathroom in the middle of the night...

My boyfriend is 6'5" and no problem with the bed at all...He loved out cruise on the Epic and still says it was his favorite. We had a mini suite so not sure if for bed length that makes any difference.

Oh, for crying out loud! The "bathroom" set up on the Epic was awesome. You can not see anything if someone is sitting on the toilet. The only way to see anything is to press your nose up against the opaque door to the toilet room. The only way to see anything in the shower room through the opaque door is also to press your nose up against the door. Then......you can also flash anyone in the cabin by pressing your tush (or whatever) up against the opaque door in the shower room. I think you get my gist. LOL. (Pull the privacy curtain if you truly don't want to take any chances.)

What I loved about that set up is there was natural light streaming into the toilet room and the shower room during the day and evening hours. It was absolutely delightful, actually. In all my cruising experience, even in a balcony cabin, behind the closed door to the bathroom, you have to put a light on to see anything. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the natural light in those two rooms.

Also....always travel with a tap light to place next to the sink. No need to put on the big light to see during the night. We also placed a tap light in the toilet room so not to need a big light during the night. Love those tap lights.

The bathrooms on the Epic were clearly designed by someone who had never cruised - or at least had never cruised with more than one person in a room. It is a ridiculous design, as detailed in many ways above. I will go on NCL again, but never on the Epic.

The bathrooms on the Epic were clearly designed by someone who had never cruised - or at least had never cruised with more than one person in a room. It is a ridiculous design, as detailed in many ways above. I will go on NCL again, but never on the Epic.

It's a European design for a European-based cruise ship. We recently stayed in an upscale hotels in DC and in Waikiki with a very similar boutique design. We've sailed on the Epic 6 times and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Some people have a greater need for privacy than others which is understandable. When they did the refurbishment on the Epic they should have replaced the opaque glass with solid panels and I think folks would have been much happier. They certainly didn’t follow this bathroom design on any of the ships they built after the Epic.

Although the bathroom design in our cabin didn’t bother us, there were too many other issues we didn’t like about the Epic to sail on her again.

116rg93.jpg

Oh, for crying out loud! The "bathroom" set up on the Epic was awesome. You can not see anything if someone is sitting on the toilet. The only way to see anything is to press your nose up against the opaque door to the toilet room.

Might want to get your eyes checked. This frame capture I took is from one of the many YouTube videos about the translucent glass where you go poopie.

epic-toilet.png

I'll be sailing Epic next St Paddy's Day. The shower issue doesn't concern me. I prefer to use the steam room every morning and shower/shave there.

Please tell me there is a steam room in the gym?

Epic stateroom bathroom setup wasn't my favorite but, it wasn't a big deal either. I'd rather have everything in one room, and didn't like the sink literally in front of the bed. I just didn't like the curved walls in the stateroom, it made parts of the room feel narrow. Otherwise, it was very comfortable and would sail on the Epic again!

Epic stateroom bathroom setup wasn't my favorite but, it wasn't a big deal either. I'd rather have everything in one room, and didn't like the sink literally in front of the bed. I just didn't like the curved walls in the stateroom, it made parts of the room feel narrow. Otherwise, it was very comfortable and would sail on the Epic again!

There are two versions of the staterooms. On one, the one we had, the couch is next to the sink and the Star Trek Transporter modules for the shower and toilet. The bed is closer to the slider to the balcony. On others, it is reversed, and the couch is near the slider to the balcony. The bed is then next to the Transporter modules.

Here's an image of the bed next to the Transporter modules: 922-1.jpg

I wonder if there's a way to find out which configuration we will get? We're in cabin 10188, I'd definitely prefer the sofa near the bathroom. Not a deal breaker, and not like I can do much about it, lol. Just be nice to know.

I wonder if there's a way to find out which configuration we will get? We're in cabin 10188, I'd definitely prefer the sofa near the bathroom. Not a deal breaker, and not like I can do much about it, lol. Just be nice to know.

If the deck drawings are correct, you should be able to tell. The bed has to be in the area that is the widest. Every other cabin is different due to the wave of the walls. Mine looks like my bed is by the bathrooms. Wish it was the other way also for walking space etc.

There are two versions of the staterooms. On one, the one we had, the couch is next to the sink and the Star Trek Transporter modules for the shower and toilet....

Here's an image of the bed next to the Transporter modules: 922-1.jpg

Star Trek Transporter modules...LOL! Love it!!!

I would've preferred the reverse floor plan for sure!

We were in 14048, when you walked in it was the toilet on the right, then the sink then the bed. To the left was the shower then the closet.